Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reid is being forced to fly the nest

PrincetonTiger

I am shocked it took this long for him to be outed.  That team stopped playing weeks ago.

As for who should be the new coach I have no idea.  Wasn't Reid also the GM?  Who the GM is will probably impact who the new coach is. 

As for Kelly I am just not sure how well his offense will work at the NFL level. 

I am shocked it took this long for him to be outed.  That team stopped playing weeks ago.

As for who should be the new coach I have no idea.  Wasn't Reid also the GM?  Who the GM is will probably impact who the new coach is. 

As for Kelly I am just not sure how well his offense will work at the NFL level. 

He was the VP of football operations. Not the GM.

My guess isn't one of these guys being mentioned. I'm looking at coordinators in the league. Greg Roman comes to mind, and even Bruce Arians. Don't know my guess, but it's a coordinator.

interesting name

Do they want to go O or D?

O if Im them, They have the talent on D to get the job done for the most part. They need an Offensive minded coach and a new QB to carry the offensive philosophy out, Vick is not it. Personally I dont think I would have fired Andy if I was the GM, I'd get me a QB a LB or two on D and an O Lineman and Safety in the draft or FA, Then next year all the key players the Eagles lost last year should be healthy come next year and ready to go with a new QB such as

Matt Barkley

Landry Jones

Tyler Wilson

Aaron Murray (Who I think could be the best out of that bunch if he lands with the right  scheme and coach)

Trading down for one of them players would be my plan

FINALLY. They should have done this years ago!

On the other hand, has any coach ever survived Michael Vick? Atlanta fired coach after coach thinking that was the problem with him, and it never was. Vick is just not that good. The Eagles went along into that when they gave him that 98 mill last year to throw picks and get hurt. His decision making has always been terrible.

Then what is it.

A combination of things, This year they lost Desean Jackson and there pro bowl LT Peters and Mccoy for 4 games plus Vick just was never good to begin with plus he has been injury prone do to his style of play. A good QB as we well know makes a ton of difference