Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Week 1 Vs. Texans

BlueRedZone

Okay I think we can all agree that Manning is not playing week 1. The entire media has circled a W for the Houston Texans, and I am sure some of the texans have as well.

No one is expecting us to do much of anything down there in 6 days.

What if...

we got a win.

How demoralizing would that be to the texans. That they can't even beat us without Manning.

I know its doom and gloom and all that stuff, but I have much more faith with Kerry in the lineup rather than Curtis. Maybe Kerry could win a few for us until Manning returns.

Could be a good statement game for us week 1, and I kind of like that. It seems this D only plays well when we have to, and right now we have to. Get us that sense of urgency back.

Of course I don't like that Manning is out, but I like that we have a lot to prove.

Guest BlueShoe

Okay I think we can all agree that Manning is not playing week 1. The entire media has circled a W for the Houston Texans, and I am sure some of the texans have as well.

No one is expecting us to do much of anything down there in 6 days.

What if...

we got a win.

How demoralizing would that be to the texans. That they can't even beat us without Manning.

I know its doom and gloom and all that stuff, but I have much more faith with Kerry in the lineup rather than Curtis. Maybe Kerry could win a few for us until Manning returns.

Could be a good statement game for us week 1, and I kind of like that. It seems this D only plays well when we have to, and right now we have to. Get us that sense of urgency back.

Of course I don't like that Manning is out, but I like that we have a lot to prove.

That would be the best case scenario and if Collins had been with us for a year or so learning this offense then we would have a better shot, but he just joined the team a less than two weeks ago and he will having a learning curve (albeit faster than younger quarterbacks).

This is one of those weeks where I wish we were playing a very bad team, but Houston would have been a tough game with Peyton healthy, in my opinion.

What if? the texans are in for a surprise mate. their 3-4 defense will be ill prepared and mathis and freeney paired with nevis are gonna have a feast on their Oline. Look at what the Dline did to the packers and they were in more spread sets. GO :coltslogo: Son!!! lol

I am going to predict a game too close too call, I think everyone will be suprised how the colts will rally together with out peyton on the field and be ready to show the world they are.much better than anyone credits them for. I think collins experience will far outwiegh what he doesnt know of our offense, I think you will see garcon stretching the field with his speed and you may even see him catch one or two big one, collins has a reputation for a very catchable deep ball, addai will run much better than anyone expects. And collins will have 2 tds and atleast 1 int.

Hidden

I am going to predict a game too close too call, I think everyone will be suprised how the colts will rally together with out peyton on the field and be ready to show the world they are.much better than anyone credits them for. I think collins experience will far outwiegh what he doesnt know of our offense, I think you will see garcon stretching the field with his speed and you may even see him catch one or two big one, collins has a reputation for a very catchable deep ball, addai will run much better than anyone expects. And collins will have 2 tds and atleast 1 int.

That would be the best case scenario and if Collins had been with us for a year or so learning this offense then we would have a better shot, but he just joined the team a less than two weeks ago and he will having a learning curve (albeit slower than younger quarterbacks).

This is one of those weeks where I wish we were playing a very bad team, but Houston would have been a tough game with Peyton healthy, in my opinion.

It seems like the strangest things happen in Week 1. I'm certainly not counting us out, although I agree that even with a healthy Peyton we probably aren't favored Sunday.

I also think that we're not Peyton and 52 guys who watch him win games. We'll see the true heart of this team Sunday. Not that I'm a betting person, but I think I'd take the Colts and the points.

Games against the Texans are always close, regardless of injuries and who is or isn't playing. I am certainly more comfortable with Collins starting over Painter, but neither of them are anywhere near Peyton. I don't think it's impossible for Collins to win a game for us before Manning is back (depending on how much he has missed). Let's not forget that he helped lead the Titans to a division crown and a 13-3 record a few seasons ago

Guest BlueShoe

What if? the texans are in for a surprise mate. their 3-4 defense will be ill prepared and mathis and freeney paired with nevis are gonna have a feast on their Oline. Look at what the Dline did to the packers and they were in more spread sets. GO :coltslogo: Son!!! lol

The Texans play a lot of two tight end sets and line them up all over the place. I am sure they will try to pound the ball at us early and often and if they have success with running the ball I can see them going with three receivers and one tight end to throw deep on us especially if they can get a good match-up with Johnson on Lacey which they were practicing in the preseason.

Guest BlueShoe

Houston has jumped to an 8 1/2 point favorite according to Danny Sheridan's odds.

It will get bigger too, in my opinion. I can see the spread getting to double digits before the game starts.

The Texans play a lot of two tight end sets and line them up all over the place. I am sure they will try to pound the ball at us early and often and if they have success with running the ball I can see them going with three receivers and one tight end to throw deep on us especially if they can get a good match-up with Johnson on Lacey which they were practicing in the preseason.

It dont matter if they put their guard at FB if the colts can get penetration and tackle well then it doesnt matter, and with nevis he's able to get penetration. If they try to go to 3WR sets i can see freeney and mathis having a good day no other team has Ends like that and with nevis in the middle somebody is gonna have to give. As for the CB's i think they are gonna play well including Lacey the guy is a good corner no mater what these fans on here say.

What if heck freezes over. Thats the only way the Colts will win week 1 against the Texans. Yall couldnt beat us last year @ our place with Manning. We are taking this division. 13-3.

I think your giving the Colts D a little to much credit.And not giving there O enough.

I see the Texans winning this one,but the score is going to be higher on both sides.

What if heck freezes over. Thats the only way the Colts will win week 1 against the Texans. Yall couldnt beat us last year @ our place with Manning. We are taking this division. 13-3.

How many times have you beaten us?

No way you are going 13-3 with your schedule.

10-6 or 11-5 wins the division this year.

Shaub has looked horrible this preseason and Foster is banged up. Ur offense is nothing special and ur D is gonna be garbage again this year AFC South was, is, and will be our division again this year. Why dont u focus on getting second in the div and getting a wild card since u texans have never even done that. have fun watching us in the playoffs AGAIN!!!!

I admit I haven't watched the Texans this preseason, but I think people and espesially the media are giving them way too much credit. They just switched to a 3-4 D and that usually takes a couple of seasons to acclimate to. Maybe they have picked it up quick but they'll have to prove it to me first. I don't see them winning more than 9-10 games this yr..

Shaub has looked horrible this preseason and Foster is banged up. Ur offense is nothing special and ur D is gonna be garbage again this year AFC South was, is, and will be our division again this year. Why dont u focus on getting second in the div and getting a wild card since u texans have never even done that. have fun watching us in the playoffs AGAIN!!!!

Schaub looked horrible? Were you playing Madden again? Tate ran for 7 ypc and looks every bit as good as Arian.And I wouldnt count out Arian if I were you.

You sound a little scared about losing PM.....that would explain the hostility. But not the lack of knowledge about the team thats gonna whoop that mod edit on sun.

Winning down there doesn't really mean too much because it's one win early in the season. How we win might give it some meaning if there is something that suggests our defense will rise to the occasion each week that 18 is out or if Collins is very sharp with the receivers or the running game is suddenly monster behind joe and carter (like the playoffs in 06 witn dom and joe.

Schaub looked horrible? Were you playing Madden again? Tate ran for 7 ypc and looks every bit as good as Arian.And I wouldnt count out Arian if I were you.

You sound a little scared about losing PM.....that would explain the hostility. But not the lack of knowledge about the team thats gonna whoop that mod edit on sun.

Please. I'm with you in the sense some Colts fans need to argue smart before they argue and spout things, but that is besides the point. Houston won't ever whoop our mod edit, nor will we to you even with Peyton. It will be a close game that will swing either way late in the game. It will be a GREAT game and with or without Peyton, this is going to produce fireworks on both sides of the ball. I'm more afraid honestly of Tate than I am of Arian. We KNEW Tate had the right stuff, Arian was still the unproven talent last year. Now you have a 1 and 1a situation which I'm sure fans in Indy would salivate over. But don't get on your high horse and love that media kool-aid yet. You got off to a "hot start" last year and I heard the same business I am now. It is going to be a dogfight all year and outside of New England, I wouldn't have any other rival.

Good luck this year as always, Kubiak needs atleast a Wild Card to stay in town.

I'm going to respond to two here since this is my last post of the day. The only reason we lost to some bad QBs last year is because our D was decimated with injuries. Obviously we would have done OK if not for that. Unless you want to say we stomped the snot out you in game one with a crappy D.

And to say our D will be bad this year is reaching..Wade is known for turning around a D in one season. And he's done it with a lot less talent.

I hate to say it but you guys may be in for a bad year if PM is out for any length of time.

But look at the bright side......at least your not the Titans or the Jags.

It's completely feasible to think that the Colts will beat the Texans week 1. I see the Colts running it down their throats in a defensive smash mouth game believe it or not. We will also see how Caldwells game planning is without Manning.

Some people also forgot how good Kerry Collins can be, judging he hasn't had much time to prepare the guy still had an 82.2 rating for a team with nowhere near the arsenal the Colts have in 2010. Texans disappoint every year, I have no reason to believe they still won't even with then acquisition of a few players + Phillips until.

I