Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bright Light Outlook For Once

HitStick21

We know our team better than anyone else; anyone saying the Texans will murder us w/ Kerry Collins is mistaken. They are talented, and I have them as the wild card w/ or w/out Peyton... but they will not stomp us in any fashion nor run for 150+ yards. I trust our defense to play inspired, angry football Week 1 after that whooping from last year. Anyone remember week 2 vs the Giants? We looked like we, "flipped the switch". I'm getting this in before our board goes up in flames over the next few days. Kerry Collins could lead us to a 4-2 record, and very much so a 3-3 record until Week 6.

Let us say Peyton is not back until Week 7, but fully healed, timing right after a few weeks of practice, and laser ready to fire. We get arguably the best to ever play, at full health, with more or less half a season to play. When every other Quarterback is feeling fatigued, Peyton is rested AND gets a bye-week Week 11. Right before the showdown, fully healed, ready and equipped, playoffs on the line, Foxborough. We're talking smash-mouth, cold-weather, gun slinging fun from Peyton V Brady.

We can make it to the dance without him the first six weeks if need be (if it came to that). Once in the dance, I'd take a rested, healthy, determined Manning after all this adversity to will our team to another Lombardi.

We cannot look at this season as doom and gloom until the day is announced Peyton will be done for the year. Until then... Just another speed bump like any other season in which we will defy the odds. (9 straight seasons in playoffs, major injuries last year, the Texans winning our division every year so it seems since 2007, our horrible Run-D of 06, we can "never beat the Pats" in foxborough... now it reads 5-2 Colts since).

We will find a way to keep the train rolling. The more you think about it, it could be a blessing in disguise. I'm more ready now than I was 12 hours ago (knowing Peyton would continue practicing this week).

Buck up.

I almost forgot how our Colts D frustrated Nicks to the point where he threw his helmet into stands. Was he ejected too?

That was Brandon Jacobs and no he wasn't. He was already on the sidelines and frankly it was an accident. He went to throw his helmet which lots of players do when they are frustrated and it slipped off his hand early. I think he did get fined by the league though.

You know Hitstick, you just made me feel better. Your right, if I'm on the D i'm ready to knock the * out of someone.

With or without "The Professor", I think our team is more well rounded then it has been in the past. Our Defense has actually won some games for us when playing the Texans. Remember this game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmY_bkpbyME

We know our team better than anyone else; anyone saying the Texans will murder us w/ Kerry Collins is mistaken. They are talented, and I have them as the wild card w/ or w/out Peyton... but they will not stomp us in any fashion nor run for 150+ yards. I trust our defense to play inspired, angry football Week 1 after that whooping from last year. Anyone remember week 2 vs the Giants? We looked like we, "flipped the switch". I'm getting this in before our board goes up in flames over the next few days. Kerry Collins could lead us to a 4-2 record, and very much so a 3-3 record until Week 6.

Let us say Peyton is not back until Week 7, but fully healed, timing right after a few weeks of practice, and laser ready to fire. We get arguably the best to ever play, at full health, with more or less half a season to play. When every other Quarterback is feeling fatigued, Peyton is rested AND gets a bye-week Week 11. Right before the showdown, fully healed, ready and equipped, playoffs on the line, Foxborough. We're talking smash-mouth, cold-weather, gun slinging fun from Peyton V Brady.

We can make it to the dance without him the first six weeks if need be (if it came to that). Once in the dance, I'd take a rested, healthy, determined Manning after all this adversity to will our team to another Lombardi.

We cannot look at this season as doom and gloom until the day is announced Peyton will be done for the year. Until then... Just another speed bump like any other season in which we will defy the odds. (9 straight seasons in playoffs, major injuries last year, the Texans winning our division every year so it seems since 2007, our horrible Run-D of 06, we can "never beat the Pats" in foxborough... now it reads 5-2 Colts since).

We will find a way to keep the train rolling. The more you think about it, it could be a blessing in disguise. I'm more ready now than I was 12 hours ago (knowing Peyton would continue practicing this week).

Buck up.

+1 and good post and should make people think a little more. It sure did me and this bump in the road may be just what we need this year. :dancing:

Buck up.

you are right our defense is much improved and they are tired of people saying we cant stop the run. this year we will. but thats not all this is a chance for caldwell to show us he is a coach . he will change our game plan and use collins like tenn did, we are going to be a great running team with our new players and collins will burn them when we dont run. we will be tough for anyone to beat. dont forget we have the greatest qb coach on the sidelines to help collins, peyton!

Well put. I like the way you think. Lets support our team and hope for the best!

Buck up.

Bumped so we can merge all of the super "Happy go-lucky" topics that have sprung since this yesterday!

Is it Sunday yet? I heard they named the MVP "Most Valuable Peyton" from now on. Has to urk Tom a little bit... (Just nagging at you Pats fans, all fun =)

Tom who? Anyway, I'm with you (and the Colts), win or lose. My only wish is that they play hard, and never give up.

I really think 3-3 is possible, maybe even 4-2, if Peyton has to sit for 6 weeks.