Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning To Need Another Surgery?

presto123

According to JMV(1070) twitter, Peyton will need another procedure and will be out indefinitely. He said this is from a couple of his sources and that he trusts his sources and is sticking his neck out on this one.(no pun intended) ESPN has said Peyton is just getting re-evaluated and no procedure is planned at this time. Man I hope JMV is wrong on this one!

According to JMV(1070) twitter, Peyton will need another procedure and will be out indefinitely. He said this is from a couple of his sources and that he trusts his sources and is sticking his neck out on this one.(no pun intended) ESPN has said Peyton is just getting re-evaluated and no procedure is planned at this time. Man I hope JMV is wrong on this one!

Yeah.....if its accurate, this was NOT the news we wanted to hear about Peyton.

I will say this though....if its a choice between Peyton being healthy next year or putting himself at any kind of additional or permanent injury risk by playing this year, or too early this year...then he needs to stay out and get better. Neck injuries are the last thing you want to screw around with.

Hopefully....this report is just a result of the team being extra cautious.

Yeah.....if its accurate, this was NOT the news we wanted to hear about Peyton.

I will say this though....if its a choice between Peyton being healthy next year or putting himself at any kind of additional or permanent injury risk by playing this year, or too early this year...then he needs to stay out and get better. Neck injuries are the last thing you want to screw around with.

Hopefully....this report is just a result of the team being extra cautious.

Following Twitter and the Colts blogs...I am believing that Manning misses at least a few weeks...at the least.

The thing that concerns me is that JMV doesn't seem like the type to just throw something out there if he isn't sure. He was even joking that he might have to move or something if he's wrong.

There have been a lot of media Tweets since JMV's last night. Right now Peyton is being reevaluated, not progressing fast enough. Probably misses a few weeks.

I thought something was "off" all along.

99% on this board have said I was nuts and he'd start week 1. I didn't see us bringing in Collins for just a week or two.

I had the same feeling in my gut the year we waited for Marvin to come back week after week and he never returned.

If the worst case scenario happens (needs another surgery out 5-6 weeks) at that point I'm willing to bet that the season is lost, so why not just put Peyton on IR and draft Andrew Luck and let him sit for a few years. I originally thought that Peyton would play the whole 5 years of his contract, but now I'm thinking he may retire in 3, so it would make sense to just tank and get a good QB. And Andrew Luck is just about the best heir to Peyton Manning I can think of.

If the worst case scenario happens (needs another surgery out 5-6 weeks) at that point I'm willing to bet that the season is lost, so why not just put Peyton on IR and draft Andrew Luck and let him sit for a few years. I originally thought that Peyton would play the whole 5 years of his contract, but now I'm thinking he may retire in 3, so it would make sense to just tank and get a good QB. And Andrew Luck is just about the best heir to Peyton Manning I can think of.

Normally tanking the season is out of the question. However, Luck is the only QB in the near future capable of filling PM's shoes or at least coming close. Although if PM doesn't play whatsoever I don't think we need to "try" and tank the season at all. We'll win 2 games at most.

Normally tanking the season is out of the question. However, Luck is the only QB in the near future capable of filling PM's shoes or at least coming close. Although if PM doesn't play whatsoever I don't think we need to "try" and tank the season at all. We'll win 2 games at most.

I just mean even if Peyton is ready to go week 6, maybe he's at 80% because I doubt he'll be at 100% at any point this season, we'll probably be 1-5 or 0-6 then just put him on IR and let him keep healing and go and draft Andrew Luck with the #1 pick.

It would also be cool if we we're the first team to ever go from having the #1 overall pick to having the #32 Super Bowl winners pick the next year lol

I just mean even if Peyton is ready to go week 6, maybe he's at 80% because I doubt he'll be at 100% at any point this season, we'll probably be 1-5 or 0-6 then just put him on IR and let him keep healing and go and draft Andrew Luck with the #1 pick.

It would also be cool if we we're the first team to ever go from having the #1 overall pick to having the #32 Super Bowl winners pick the next year lol

While the scenario of picking up the heir apparent to #18 sounds good, I don't see how we could afford to be paying Peyton's big salary AND a #1 pick QB (who wouldn't even be contributing). Realistically it would make better sense to pick the future PM, trade the current one, and use all that money to start building for greatness in the next several years. Obviously, no one would be willing to do that.

The thing that concerns me is that JMV doesn't seem like the type to just throw something out there if he isn't sure. He was even joking that he might have to move or something if he's wrong.

if he is wrong jmv will never hear the end of it.