Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How will it shake out

Warhorse

First of all, I am considering those AFC teams that I feel are the most likely to be competing with us for a playoff spot. The teams that are likely in at this point are, IMO:

Texas

Baltimore

N.E.

Pittsburgh

Denver

That leaves 1 spot. The teams that are fighting for that one spot and show the kind of grit to get there are:

Indy

Miami

S.D.

Other possibilities include Baltimore or Pittsburgh falling out of the race, or Cinci or Oakland getting in, but I feel the above selections of possibles look the best at this juncture.

I looked at Miami's schedule and I see 5-3 as very possible for them. 4-4 could happen, as could 6-2, but I'll take 5-3.

I looked at San Diego's schedule and I see a tough sked. We are Chargers fans when they play the Steelers and the Ravens but not fans for all the other games. 5-3 at best, 4-4 likely, 3-5 a possibility.

Our schedule is equally tough, and even though I am hoping for 5-3, 4-4 looks awful likely.

Even though the Ravens could go 4-4 the rest of the way, they already have a six pack so 10 wins puts them in, period. Their schedule is down right nasty the rest of the way.

So because we beat the Dolphins, we could go 4-4 and weather them going 5-3 with the tie breaker in our favor.

Thoughts?

Warhorse, thank You for the overview! Now I see playoffs' picture clearer.

I think we will have to top Miami and S.D. I don't see any other chance...4-4 in last 8 games would be nice, and I hope we can clinch it. Tough schedule we have for a rookie team. If this band of players played a few seasons together I would say it is plain we would reach wild-card spot.

Still not impossible after all!

Its anybodies guess right now, we could go 0-8 or 6-2 or 5-3, I sure didnt expect 5 wins at this point in the season, I was thinking 5 for the year, realistically........ah heck throw realism out the window this season has been nearly unreal so 8-0 it is

if we win our three home games bills titans and texans and win three road games we are in. jags chiefs and patriots this will be one of the best case scenerios to get playoff spot. but we need atleast 10 wins to be on safe side if we can get more then that be better

Yeah it's a bit of a toss up right now but Indy and Pittsburgh to me have the inside track. I think the Dolphins hang around a bit. I think the Chargers fade and Norv gets fired finally. One of the 3-5 teams could make a move. Although I don't like any of them right now.

Colts still need to do their part the second half of the season, but so far things look solid for their playoff chances.

I had us 6-10 at the beginning of the year. We are 5-3 and really should be 6-2. This has been a fun yet 'painful' ride to this point. Why painful? Injuries have killed us...in the continuity of the OL with Reitz down as well as Ijalana's early injury. Angerer going down...Freeney...as well as the plethora of injuries all across the board (including the weekly Redding injury)

Painful in terms of the nail-biting games, the dropped balls, inconsistent OL blocking, the missed FGs, the nauseating number of penalties.) Lastly....the pain of our feisty coach having cancer still leaves me with pain with every article and every video. We know this man is so Chuck-Strong that he will continue to fight like a warrior.(Even though we are in remission....does not mean 'out of the woods)

All of this said, I love Warhorse's scenarios. They are laid out for us to analyze. This team needs to take every week as the last game. The last challenge. The AFC has such parity that anyone can win any week. Each film room session....huge....Each practice....enormous.....each walk through.....priceless. Each game should be 60 minutes of attack in all 3 phases of the game to reach where Coach Pagano, Arians and the entire Colts Nation/Organization can reach elite status once again. :td::colts: :colts: :colts: !!!!

If it is this year! WOW! If it is next year! AWESOME! Be rest assured that Jim Irsay, Ryan Grigson, Coach Pagano and the entire staff have done EXACTLY what they said they would do: They rolled up their sleeves and went to work. We are going to be a team to be reckoned with for YEARS......but for now....one day at a time.....from film to WIN! Go Colts!!!! :number1: :number1: :td: :td:

Ahh how many clichés to roll out, any given Sunday.... each game as it comes etc etc. So far we've won 5 close games, lost 1 close game and had 2 blowout losses, all of which doesn't make me confident in calling any game a W for us. That's not to say that I don't have faith or belief in the team nor admiration at the levels they've reached so far I just think it's a tough season all round to predict results. I mean look at teams like the Cardinals, they got to 4-0 before remembering they didn't have a legit QB haha

Gut feel is we're in the running right to the wire but lose out to a team that comes from nowhere to put together a strong run (dare I say knowing my luck it would be the Jets, the Leeds of the NFL).

Pessimism, you're prepared for the worse and anything else is a pleasant surprise! ;)

Ahh how many clichés to roll out, any given Sunday.... each game as it comes etc etc. So far we've won 5 close games, lost 1 close game and had 2 blowout losses, all of which doesn't make me confident in calling any game a W for us. That's not to say that I don't have faith or belief in the team nor admiration at the levels they've reached so far I just think it's a tough season all round to predict results. I mean look at teams like the Cardinals, they got to 4-0 before remembering they didn't have a legit QB haha

Gut feel is we're in the running right to the wire but lose out to a team that comes from nowhere to put together a strong run (dare I say knowing my luck it would be the Jets, the Leeds of the NFL).

Pessimism, you're prepared for the worse and anything else is a pleasant surprise! ;)

Well stated! Loved it! :thmup:

I had us 6-10 at the beginning of the year. We are 5-3 and really should be 6-2. This has been a fun yet 'painful' ride to this point. Why painful? Injuries have killed us...in the continuity of the OL with Reitz down as well as Ijalana's early injury. Angerer going down...Freeney...as well as the plethora of injuries all across the board (including the weekly Redding injury)

Painful in terms of the nail-biting games, the dropped balls, inconsistent OL blocking, the missed FGs, the nauseating number of penalties.) Lastly....the pain of our feisty coach having cancer still leaves me with pain with every article and every video. We know this man is so Chuck-Strong that he will continue to fight like a warrior.(Even though we are in remission....does not mean 'out of the woods)

All of this said, I love Warhorse's scenarios. They are laid out for us to analyze. This team needs to take every week as the last game. The last challenge. The AFC has such parity that anyone can win any week. Each film room session....huge....Each practice....enormous.....each walk through.....priceless. Each game should be 60 minutes of attack in all 3 phases of the game to reach where Coach Pagano, Arians and the entire Colts Nation/Organization can reach elite status once again. :td::colts: :colts: :colts: !!!!

If it is this year! WOW! If it is next year! AWESOME! Be rest assured that Jim Irsay, Ryan Grigson, Coach Pagano and the entire staff have done EXACTLY what they said they would do: They rolled up their sleeves and went to work. We are going to be a team to be reckoned with for YEARS......but for now....one day at a time.....from film to WIN! Go Colts!!!! :number1: :number1: :td: :td:

And I love your optimism, you have me believing. Certainly think that not enough recognition has been given to the injuries to our already paper thin roster and how we've overcome them. 3rd and 4th CBs in against the Fins and they held up up for us.

Either way, whatever happens now, this team has shown that they are not the rebuilding doormats the like of Skip expected, they've shown huge character and even if they were to go 0-8 here on in I'd be immensely proud of them.

We need to take the Jags (the second part of the playoff picture, now that we overcame Miami) in Everbank. Then get our remaining home games, including the Texans, who may not play starters very long. At 9-7, we have a great shot at getting in the playoffs, which is all I could ever ask for this year! (especially considering I picked us as 'the best looking 5 win team in the NFL' before the season. Glad I was partly wrong!)

Getting a win on the road at Patriots, Lions, or Chiefs is going to prove quite hard, for differing reasons. If we can do the above and steal one these 3 road games, we are in like Flynn!

Go Colts!