Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive potential with Collie

rabidfan77

Im pretty sure you weren't saying that about Wayne his first 2 years here. He was no where near as reliable as is now at catching the ball.

Nope, but I never would have mentioned Hilton in the same breath as Reggie as a rookie either - not even in the same class. Hope he proves me wrong though. :)

First of all, with respect to Rabid's post, I will carefully address the injury. His knee injury just might have given him a chance to play in the NFL again. He couldn't sit out as long as his head needed, because in the NFL the rosters are just too small to handle the constant injuries. If his knee fully heals, and he rehabs, he just might resurrect his career. The likelihood that he could play for us is beyond my guess or my desire to predict.

But the question is......how does replacing him, and his type of contribution play into our future. I do know that if that is what the franchise is seeking, and he isn't currently on the roster, then Grigs probably 10 players deep on a big board of sorts that includes FA's and draft picks.

Gets me excited to think of who it might be......

I remember going to camp and being floored by Collie. Sure he looks pretty reliable in games, but seeing him in the drills and scrimmage he just looked elite. I actually thought it very possible for him to have a bigger season than Wayne (which of course sounds ridiculous now considering Wayne's production). I miss having him out there, but I'm certainly doubting his chances of coming back and playing for us at a consistent level.

I've already Mentally Prepared myself for when we Release Collie this Off-Season (Most likely will)

I'll never forget everything he did for us & his Bright moments. And my 1st time seeing him catch a pass & asking myself "Who's the NEW Kid?"

But we just gotta move on from him. Hopefully Mr. Whalen can step up & be the new Collie

I think he can TKnight.....He doenst have to be fast..just quick...

With Luck and Fleener there..he'll get a chance..

I love Collie's consistency and his ability to change a game. Yet if i'm being realistic i can't see him putting on a Colts jersey again if he keeps getting concussions every other game. His family won't let him keep playing if its going to damage his heallth long term.

Sucks what happened with Collie. He would have definitely helped assuming he stayed healthy. But it is good that T.Y. is getting more reps...will only help his development. Whalen could be a Collie type player for us next year. Unfortunately, I think we've probably seen the last of Collie in a Colts uni. But stranger things have happened.