Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Caldwell

GoColts8818

What do people think? I saw him start on Friday night and then heard on the radio today he is second in the NFL in the pre-season with tackles with 16. I kinda like what I saw of him. He reminded me of Bob Sanders in the way he plays in that he flies to ball carrier and can hit. I want to be clear I am not saying he's nearly as good as Sanders, I don't even know if he'll make the final roster I would just like to hear what others think of him?

Depending on how high the Colts are on Hamlin will be the deciding factor on whether he makes the team or not. I think he makes a good backup S, but I think he's a little to slow. Maybe thats just me but he really don't look like he's breaking any speed records on the field.

What do people think? I saw him start on Friday night and then heard on the radio today he is second in the NFL in the pre-season with tackles with 16. I kinda like what I saw of him. He reminded me of Bob Sanders in the way he plays in that he flies to ball carrier and can hit. I want to be clear I am not saying he's nearly as good as Sanders, I don't even know if he'll make the final roster I would just like to hear what others think of him?

Exactly what I was thinking. I hope he's 1 of the guys that make it!

Good backup, playing very well this preseason. Happy to have him, he's a very good backup. I think he's better than Afalava.

Is he related to Jim? I think he makes the PS at best. Somebody elase will be added after the final cutdown this weekend.

Is he related to Jim? I think he makes the PS at best. Somebody elase will be added after the final cutdown this weekend.

Good first post. I posed the same question... Nephew perhaps?

They've found some UDFA talent at SS with Lefeged, at LB in Moten, at LG with Reitz and found some potential in DB Terrance Johnson. I also think TE McNeil has made a case for himself. They still have work to do at FS.

I have been paying close attention and I really like Caldwell.

In the second preseason game, (after Bethea got hurt) David Caldwell saw a lot of playing time and he made a ton of tackles.

I watched the tape again, and during one stretch, it seemed like Caldwell was in on almost every tackle!

The coaching staff must have noticed also, cause next week he was starting at safety.

I thought he played pretty well as a starter against Green Bay.

Most of us will remember on one play, the CBS announcer said Caldwell "whiffed" on the tackle.

However, the missed tackle was not Caldwells fault.

Watch it again closely and you will see...

Jacob Lacey actually goofs it up. Lacey gets in the way and trips Caldwell, knocking him down, just as Caldwell was about to tackle the ball carrier.

From what I read on google his strength is tackling.

He posted some ridiculous stats while playing for William and Mary and was one of the national leaders in career tackles.

I have been paying close attention and I really like Caldwell.

In the second preseason game, (after Bethea got hurt) David Caldwell saw a lot of playing time and he made a ton of tackles.

I watched the tape again, and during one stretch, it seemed like Caldwell was in on almost every tackle!

The coaching staff must have noticed also, cause next week he was starting at safety.

I thought he played pretty well as a starter against Green Bay.

Most of us will remember on one play, the CBS announcer said Caldwell "whiffed" on the tackle.

However, the missed tackle was not Caldwells fault.

Watch it again closely and you will see...

Jacob Lacey actually goofs it up. Lacey gets in the way and trips Caldwell, knocking him down, just as Caldwell was about to tackle the ball carrier.

From what I read on google his strength is tackling.

He posted some ridiculous stats while playing for William and Mary and was one of the national leaders in career tackles.

Yeah I noticed he was in on a lot of tackles Friday night. That's why I wasn't shocked when I heard today that he was second in the NFL this pre-season in tackles. I really like him. I think we might kept five safties this year with Lefegod being kept mostly as a punt returner.