Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions Came To Play

Guest BlueShoe

Yeah they're undefeated. If they can keep Stafford healthy then they will be tough to beat. I think they won all of their preseason games the year they lost every game in the regular season.

Well it lokks as though their division rivals better not take them lightly this year if Stafford is healthy. Lookin Good tonight. Poor Tom didn't do so well tonight. :stats:

Guest BlueShoe

Well it lokks as though their division rivals better not take them lightly this year if Stafford is healthy. Lookin Good tonight. Poor Tom didn't do so well tonight. :stats:

Tom was harrassed all night long and beaten. No way we would have kept Peyton in a meaningless game that long.

Wow. I haven't followed the Lions either. Watched the game because of the Pats.

I'm impressed.

Of course it's only one game but it has peaked my interest enough that I will be watching them.

Same reason I watched them and the Lions are smokin the Pats. lol Pretty good game. After the way the Lions played in the past I hope they do well this year. Look out here come the Lions. :applause:

Tom was harrassed all night long and beaten. No way we would have kept Peyton in a meaningless game that long.

Just lucky he didn't get hurt. Dumb move on Coach B. Just my opinion but I bet Caldwell wouldn't have left Peyton in to take that in a preseason game. But I forgot according to others he's a bad coach. lol NOT

Guest BlueShoe

Just lucky he didn't get hurt. Dumb move on Coach B. Just my opinion but I bet Caldwell wouldn't have left Peyton in to take that in a preseason game. But I forgot according to others he's a bad coach. lol NOT

So much for this going the distance. This is going to end in a knockout.

If it were a boxing match the refs would just stop it.

34-10 Lions!!!

Pats still have some of their starters in????? :eyebrow:

So much for this going the distance. This is going to end in a knockout.

If it were a boxing match the refs would just stop it.

34-10 Lions!!!

Pats still have some of their starters in????? :eyebrow:

They have to still have their starters in the rest are in Foxboro. lol Now their trying another QB suppose they would want Painter. Sorry had to say that. My Bad lol

Guest BlueShoe

Looks like the Patriots left the wrong D players in Foxboro. lol

They have no excuses. Most of their starters played.

They were playing their starters against the Lions second and third strings for quite some time. They still had some defensive starters in on the last Lions TD. lol

Guest BlueShoe

Is Diem playing for the Pats they have had 2 false starts in a row. lol My Bad again. lol

No but Nate Solder is and he got the penalty. He's the guy who the Pats passed up Castonzo for. lol

And Castonzo played at BC. lol

Guest BlueShoe

Blue Shoe obviously has anger issues towards the Pattiots.

Glad to see he's as ecstatic as the Lions regarding their preseason SB.

Wow.

Just calling the game. lol

Watching the Lions first, second, and third strings beat up on the Patriots first string was real. It did really happen.

Blue Shoe obviously has anger issues towards the Pattiots.

Glad to see he's as ecstatic as the Lions regarding their preseason SB.

Wow.

Sorry don't know where your seeing anger. Don't count out the Lions they're looking pretty good tonight even playing the Pats starters with their 2nd and 3rd line. The Lions may surprise everyone this year. New Season starting soon. lol

Just calling the game. lol

Watching the Lions first, second, and third strings beat up on the Patriots first string was real. It did really happen.

Uh huh.

The Lions clearly came into this game with a point to prove.

The Patriots? Nit so much.

Answer me this: are you one of those Colt fans who flip out when the Colts go 0-4 every preseason?

If your answer is no, then you're a remarkable hypocrite.

Guest BlueShoe

ROFL

You seriously want to compare BB's O-line picks to Polian's?

ROFL

Solder will have a better career. Guaranteed.

Mankins says hello.

Light says hello.

Vollmer says hello.

Are you serious? Castonzo will be an opening day starter and will anchor our LT position for 10 or more years.

Freeney would retire Solder because he can't handle speed guys. He was exploited in college for it and yet Belichick still took him over Castonzo. BAD move.

Polian hasn’t spent many high picks on the O-line so yeah I would compare them in a heartbeat. Until this year, most of our O-Line were late round picks and UDFA’s.

Uh huh.

Answer me this: are you one of those Colt fans who flip out when the Colts go 0-4 every preseason?

We were having a good game coversation so lighten up my friend. :banana: Another thing the Patriots always want to win preseason or not. They had a game plan and it didn't work out.

Guest BlueShoe

Uh huh.

In the preseason, I look at starters vs. starters. And in this case the Patriots starters vs. the Lions first, second, and third string. The Patriots starters were whipped by them all.

I score it like a boxing match and the Patriots got knocked out tonight!

Justify it anyway that makes you feel better but everyone else saw what happened.

Unlike the Patriots, we pull our starters early in preseason games, even in the third game which most teams play their starters longer. We’ve always done that so there is a reason we don’t win many preseason games.

The Patriots got whipped so stop making excuses.

Nah, Colts went 0-5 in pre-season in our SB year with our last pre-season game lost to the Bengals 38-0. After that year, a win, if it is within grasp, is a nice thing to have in pre-season but 1st team vs 1st team performance is probably what fans should look at. Not to mention, the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in pre-season. Enough said :).

I think I saw BlueShoe making comments about how "stupid" and "rude" Patriots fans are. Something about how they ruin message boards. Seems to me like you have a problem with the Pats Blue. Somehow I don't think that all of their fans are wrong and stupid, but the bias you're showing leads me to believe they've wronged you in the past. (MOD EDIT. Anyway, I am a Packers fanboy and even though the Patriots got "stomped" in this PRESEASON game, something tells me we will still be seeing them in the SB this year. Seriously man, tone it down.

Edited by -JJ-
personal insult

Guest BlueShoe
Hidden

I think I saw BlueShoe making comments about how "stupid" and "rude" Patriots fans are. Something about how they ruin message boards. Seems to me like you have a problem with the Pats Blue. Somehow I don't think that all of their fans are wrong and stupid, but the bias you're showing leads me to believe they've wronged you in the past. Was your ex a Pats fan? It's gotta be something. Anyway, I am a Packers fanboy and even though the Patriots got "stomped" in this PRESEASON game, something tells me we will still be seeing them in the SB this year. Seriously man, tone it down.

I guess you haven't read my signature. You're more than welcome to read it if you would like to. ;)

The Pats just got kicked around against the Lions. There was no sugar-coating it, no matter how hard I tried. lol

lions looked sharp

That they did. You guys must be pretty pumped... that's a fierce d-line they're rolling out, even without Fairley. I have a feeling you're going to make some noise in the NFC North.

The Patriots got themselves stomped in this one, plain and simple. They failed to match Detroit's intensity and failed even more miserably to match their execution. Credit where it's due, preseason or not.

And for those who don't follow the Patriots except to hate on 'em, Brady played that long because he played like crap. Belichick probably left him in longer than planned because the entire 1st team offense was completely out of synch all night long. It's not the first time he's done it, and it probably won't be the last. Teams are run and handled differently by every coach. Maybe the Colts would have pulled Manning if he was taking a beating in a preseason game like that, but it just goes to show, Belichick's rules apply to everyone, not just the guys fighting for jobs.

Hidden

No, BlueShoe, I read it. I just don't understand how one team that isn't even in your division can get you so worked up. Or how you can talk about their fans when that is the way you act in your comments about them. My parents always used to tell me that people get more worked up the closer you hit to home with your observations. Has all the talk that Brady is better than Manning started to ruin your life? Or were both your parents killed in New England....by Tom Brady.....and Bill Belichick? That's the only excusable reason to be so utterly against a team you might play once a year.

That being said, the Lions certainly looked sharp in their third preseason game. They have been barking up the tree for the past few years, and this year if they can all stay healthy they can do some damage. Not looking forward to playing them. Twice.

Guest BlueShoe

were both your parents killed in New England....by Tom Brady.....and Bill Belichick?

Why you gotta bring my momma into this for?

Guest BlueShoe

That they did. You guys must be pretty pumped... that's a fierce d-line they're rolling out, even without Fairley. I have a feeling you're going to make some noise in the NFC North.

The Patriots got themselves stomped in this one, plain and simple. They failed to match Detroit's intensity and failed even more miserably to match their execution. Credit where it's due, preseason or not.

And for those who don't follow the Patriots except to hate on 'em, Brady played that long because he played like crap. Belichick probably left him in longer than planned because the entire 1st team offense was completely out of synch all night long. It's not the first time he's done it, and it probably won't be the last. Teams are run and handled differently by every coach. Maybe the Colts would have pulled Manning if he was taking a beating in a preseason game like that, but it just goes to show, Belichick's rules apply to everyone, not just the guys fighting for jobs.

Wow. I am impressed!!

Good post.

Wow. I am impressed!!

Good post.

I'm a lot of things, but an apologist isn't one of them. Brady himself would tell you that he played like garbage Saturday night.

I know it's unusual for a lot of you Indy fans... you know, the concept of admitting that your QB doesn't always play well.

lmao

Guest BlueShoe

I'm a lot of things, but an apologist isn't one of them. Brady himself would tell you that he played like garbage Saturday night.

I know it's unusual for a lot of you Indy fans... you know, the concept of admitting that your QB doesn't always play well.

lmao

Our QB walks on water dude. :catfight:

Wow. I am impressed!!

Good post.

GoPats always makes good posts imo. :hug:

A Patriots fan yes so a little biased (as is to be expected) but not a Colts basher in the process. Very reasonable in why he believes the way he does.

I for one am glad he is a member of our forum. :thmup:

Guest BlueShoe

right. too funny.

You're telling me. So far the Lions/Pats game was the funniest thing I have seen all preseason. There was one play where Brady was rolled up into a ball and he ended up flopping over and sitting on the grass with his legs straight out looking like someone stole his sucker out of his mouth. lol

GoPats always makes good posts imo. :hug:

A Patriots fan yes so a little biased (as is to be expected) but not a Colts basher in the process. Very reasonable in why he believes the way he does.

I for one am glad he is a member of our forum. :thmup:

Thank you! :thmup:

I'm proud to be part of the Patriots Affirmative Action Plan here at the Colts forum. lol

By the way, just read that the first unit of the Patriots' never rushed more than 4; not one single blitz. The writer's quote was pretty amusing:

"

*Unlike fauxball games 1 and 2, the Pats barely if ever rushed more than 4. At least with the first unit. Arrington came on a corner blitz for a sack of Drew Stanton, but that was about it. That’s not vanilla. Vanilla is a flavor. That’s just frozen milk. And I suspect they won’t look anything like that when the ammo is live."

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/ramblings-from-pats-3rd-preseason-game/

Guest BlueShoe

By the way, just read that the first unit of the Patriots' never rushed more than 4; not one single blitz. The writer's quote was pretty amusing:

"

*Unlike fauxball games 1 and 2, the Pats barely if ever rushed more than 4. At least with the first unit. Arrington came on a corner blitz for a sack of Drew Stanton, but that was about it. That’s not vanilla. Vanilla is a flavor. That’s just frozen milk. And I suspect they won’t look anything like that when the ammo is live."

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/ramblings-from-pats-3rd-preseason-game/

Well I wouldn't expect a Boston paper to say anything different.

You're telling me. So far the Lions/Pats game was the funniest thing I have seen all preseason. There was one play where Brady was rolled up into a ball and he ended up flopping over and sitting on the grass with his legs straight out looking like someone stole his sucker out of his mouth. lol

at least peyton has looked good this preseason.

o wait.