Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Glad he's a Colt but Manning needed dependable Wayne, Saturday would have been nice too

bayone

Know Saturday said he felt Broncos really weren't trying to hard to get him

THey should have offered all they could for wayne

Not just route running & his hands, but he could of leached , he & stockley would have been great outlets running different routes

I have nothing against Saturday,and I even like him BUT maybe he didn't direct blocking that great 'caus we have had one of the worst lines for a number of years.

Dont think that was his fault but but rest of personnel, I the one thing he did great was keep manning up right protecting the pocket enough so Peyton could step up, In denver he os getting great pressure up the middle

The entire league is having issues with the many new, big, fast, and strong defensive linemen and ends. I don't think that there's an O-line that's not having issues with strong defensive fronts.

Manning currently has one of the better O-lines at Denver. Definitely better in comparison to the Packers and the Colts.

The entire league is having issues with the many new, big, fast, and strong defensive linemen and ends. I don't think that there's an O-line that's not having issues with strong defensive fronts.

Manning currently has one of the better O-lines at Denver. Definitely better in comparison to the Packers and the Colts.

Great Lt, Good RT When OG Kuper comes back and replaces Ramirez will make a big difference who is 1 of 2 weak links, the other is their center, though it many be a combination of the 2 side by side, if blocking called right they should double team the appropriate person . & true we have faced some ggood DL and schemes and u really cant fault anyone for not , even with a double team last week stopping JJ watt, he just split them too easily but he is a monster

Peyton for 1st time is weekly facing pressure up the middle & that presents an issue from being able to step up to throw, something Saturday never allowed , know hes a Packer

Their is a reason they tried for Saturday and Drafted , but cut center Blake, they themselves saw center as weak

Koppen may eventually replace him or hopefully teach him

Have a good day , cant be here much , if u answer me I may or may not respond , pretty much bedridden right now

If you believe Wayne he took less to stay with the colts anyways. Just because Denver may have wanted him doesn't mean Wayne would have wanted to go to Denver.

Knowing his career was winding down, Why move and change a routine so understand that

I also understand his loyalty Colts & helping a Rookie than going with Peyton, But would have sure been useful

It wasnt like it was Peytons choice to leave too, Just wish he went to 49'rs

True.......and Dallas Clark as well...

..and how valuable would Jeff S. had been to the Colts right now???

We should have kept him

I don't hate Satele, but I actually agree with this. Saturday was our best lineman last season and it wasn't even close. Pro Football Focus had him ranked as the 5th best center overall in 2011, even with that terrible offense. Satele was not bad at 18th playing in Oakland (he had a higher run block rating than Saturday), but Saturday is one of those guys that gives you more than you can simply define with numbers.

Knowing his career was winding down, Why move and change a routine so understand that

I also understand his loyalty Colts & helping a Rookie than going with Peyton, But would have sure been useful

It wasnt like it was Peytons choice to leave too, Just wish he went to 49'rs

The last line is not proven and I've heard is suggested Peyton did have a choice about if he was leaving or not. Most recently Jake Query on WNDE has suggested this on his radio show and that's not something you just toss out there unless you have something to back it up. Again I've said all along that it was an honest joint decision and not Peyton pleading with Irsay to let him stay and Irsay saying no like I think some Colts fans picture it as (not saying you are one of those people). I just don't think Colts fans like to think that maybe Peyton did want out of Indy. Personally I can't blame him because I don't think it was personal at all I think he looked at the fact this was a 2-14 team going into a rebuilding mood that was going to have to let go a lot of what little talent it had to start with due to cap hits. He's smart enough to know they were going into a rebuilding mood and I can see why a 36 year old QB who wants to win more championships before he was done didn't want to be apart of that.

Reggie Wayne would be useful to any QB in the NFL but he wanted to be in Indianapolis nothing wrong with that. In fact it made me respect Reggie a lot more. While not all our free agents had a choice about coming back some did and Reggie is the one who choose to stay.

I've also wondered if maybe Reggie stuck around a little bit to get out of Peyton's Shadow. What I mean by that is that all his career people would make the case Reggie was only good because he played on the other side of Marvin and with Peyton. Had he gone to New England which was the rumored team he turned down to stay in Indy then it would have been he put up great numbers with two Hall of Fame QBs. By Staying in Indianapolis no one is going to question his greatness if he's doing it with Luck. I am not saying that was some end all be all reason that kept him in Indy but I do think it might have been a factor.

I agree about reggie showing hes great no matter the QB, never thought otherwise though many have said it, He's shown rematkable ability to get those sideline catches and stay in bounds, he can play from any position, and his hands are fantastic, its noit the QB that allows him to f grab balls out of the air the way he does whther outstrched, , or over the head, or down low , and what a route ruinner

Reggie life was comfortable in INdy , he loved going back to Florida aand having freedom in off saeson to workoput their, hes a true warrior

Re Jake Query on WNDE, living near Detroit have no idea who that is but sure Peyton wouldn't plead to stay or tell Irsay keep me & not take Luck

From all I have heard and how long it took to resign alex smith I think he could of gone to 49's

but feel if did Coach H wouldnt have given him as much freedom as Elways will allow , plus I feel he would prefer to live in Denver than San Fran, Hes not a big City Guy, and His wife , who really enjoys privacy, I mean u hide the fact u r having twins, and other things i read just dont remember the other things, Denver is a better fit for his family life and thats most important

The last line is not proven and I've heard is suggested Peyton did have a choice about if he was leaving or not. Most recently Jake Query on WNDE has suggested this on his radio show and that's not something you just toss out there unless you have something to back it up. Again I've said all along that it was an honest joint decision and not Peyton pleading with Irsay to let him stay and Irsay saying no like I think some Colts fans picture it as (not saying you are one of those people). I just don't think Colts fans like to think that maybe Peyton did want out of Indy. Personally I can't blame him because I don't think it was personal at all I think he looked at the fact this was a 2-14 team going into a rebuilding mood that was going to have to let go a lot of what little talent it had to start with due to cap hits. He's smart enough to know they were going into a rebuilding mood and I can see why a 36 year old QB who wants to win more championships before he was done didn't want to be apart of that.

Reggie Wayne would be useful to any QB in the NFL but he wanted to be in Indianapolis nothing wrong with that. In fact it made me respect Reggie a lot more. While not all our free agents had a choice about coming back some did and Reggie is the one who choose to stay.

I've also wondered if maybe Reggie stuck around a little bit to get out of Peyton's Shadow. What I mean by that is that all his career people would make the case Reggie was only good because he played on the other side of Marvin and with Peyton. Had he gone to New England which was the rumored team he turned down to stay in Indy then it would have been he put up great numbers with two Hall of Fame QBs. By Staying in Indianapolis no one is going to question his greatness if he's doing it with Luck. I am not saying that was some end all be all reason that kept him in Indy but I do think it might have been a factor.

I agree about it being a mutual decision. IMO, the sticking point with Manning agreeing to leave, was Luck. Irsay made it very vocal, the future #1 pick was coming to Indy and that pick was also NFL ready; consequently, ready to play. When you are a HOF, 4-MVP quarterback, you do not want to share that stage. I think Luck being the available pick, is the reason Peyton left...