Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Guys Realize?

krunk

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we lose to the Broncos and you win the division and go into the playoffs with a very questionable offensive line, defense, and a rookie quarterback. Good stuff.

Agreed. A win is a win but don't forget who it was against.

I'm not flatlining anything because I have said the whole time that we could win between 8 and 10 games.

Who said any of that after one game? I said you have an L coming

This entire thread is based on your belief that the Colts have a strong chance to win the division due to an easier schedule. I disagree with you about that L, though. No way the Texans lose to the Broncos, not with that defense.

It will be a good game. Plus...Manning has a pretty good track record against the Texans. Except now he has an O-line, big WRs, a running game and a defense to play with. lol

True, it will be a good game, but the match-ups are not very intriguing. Joseph on Decker, Jackson on Thomas, Reed, Barwin, Cushing, Watt on Manning...lol. I also think our offense is good enough to limit Von Miller, but there's still a chance he gets one or two sacks. Should be an interesting game though.

This entire thread is based on your belief that the Colts have a strong chance to win the division due to an easier schedule. I disagree with you about that L, though. No way the Texans lose to the Broncos, not with that defense.

There defense is no worse than any defense Peyton played behind when he was here. They are actually a bit better than most of the defenses we had. With 18 at qb I have confidence they can win bottom line and you will find that out. The Broncos are solid on offense, plus they have a running game.

True, it will be a good game, but the match-ups are not very intriguing. Joseph on Decker, Jackson on Thomas, Reed, Barwin, Cushing, Watt on Manning...lol. I also think our offense is good enough to limit Von Miller, but there's still a chance he gets one or two sacks. Should be an interesting game though.

The Broncos have a very good offensive line, so I'm not sure where you are thinking all those sacks will come from? And you are actually going to put a Thomas vs. Kareem Jackson matchup on here as a highlight? Thomas will win that matchup all day especially with Manning at qb. Heck Reggie Wayne would win that matchup!

We'll see how it goes. I just don't think you can be certain of a W. It's at Mile High...always a tough place to play and the Broncos aren't going to be easy to beat. Should be the first true test for the Texans.

There defense is no worse than any defense Peyton played behind when he was here. They are actually a bit better than most of the defenses we had. With 18 at qb I have confidence they can win bottom line and you will find that out. The Broncos are solid on offense, plus they have a running game.

I was talking about our defense.

The Broncos have a very good offensive line, so I'm not sure where you are thinking all those sacks will come from? And you are actually going to put a Thomas vs. Kareem Jackson matchup on here as a highlight? Thomas will win that matchup all day especially with Manning at qb. Heck Reggie Wayne would win that matchup!

We have six sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, and 3 interceptions in two games. KJ has been bad in the past but you obviously have not watched any of our games lately. Phillips has fixed every spot on the defense, believe it or not. Once the run is shut down then passing will be obvious and Manning will be pressured all day.

We'll see how it goes. I just don't think you can be certain of a W. It's at Mile High...always a tough place to play and the Broncos aren't going to be easy to beat. Should be the first true test for the Texans.

I agree, it will be the first real test. I wish that it was at Reliant but I don't hate our road record right now hehehe. :)

We have six sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, and 3 interceptions in two games. KJ has been bad in the past but you obviously have not watched any of our games lately. Phillips has fixed every spot on the defense, believe it or not. Once the run is shut down then passing will be obvious and Manning will be pressured all day.

You did that against Gabbert and Tannehill!!! We are talking about you facing a first ballot hall of famer with a very good offensive line that he just stands behind and pulls the trigger. There is no one to fear in the Texans secondary, other than Joseph and we know Peyton can make a long day against him as well.

KJ has not played any decent quarterbacks who know what the heck they are doing. Gabbert and Tannehill are not even a good comparison at all.

You did that against Gabbert and Tannehill!!! We are talking about you facing a first ballot hall of famer with a very good offensive line that he just stands behind and pulls the trigger. There is no one to fear in the Texans secondary, other than Joseph and we know Peyton can make a long day against him as well.

Manning, Joseph, Jackson, Quin, McCain, need I go on? It's not all about the big names or talent it is about how they are used. And for the record, Luck's first win came against Christian Ponder, if you want to talk comparisons. Manning is good but he has never faced a Texans defense like this before. Again, should be a good game, but I expect the W to be in Houston's favor.

They are not going to fair as well against the Broncos. They are a far superior team compared to the Jaguars and the Dolphins.

No, really? Our defense was ranked second last year, so we fared well against everybody else. Why should the Broncos be any different? Because they have Manning at QB? Right. Watch the game, please, and you will see the pressure that we apply. We've already shut down Jones-Drew and Bush, now...um..what's the guy's name...oh yeah McGahee is next. Him and his 64 rushing yards.

Manning, Joseph, Jackson, Quin, McCain, need I go on? It's not all about the big names or talent it is about how they are used. And for the record, Luck's first win came against Christian Ponder, if you want to talk comparisons. Manning is good but he has never faced a Texans defense like this before. Again, should be a good game, but I expect the W to be in Houston's favor.

No one is saying who Luck is going to thrash after beating a mediocre opponent like the Vikings, but you are saying how good that D is after beating down mediocre opponents? I've watched both of the Texans games because I watch the Colts games at Buffalo Wild Wings so I get to see both games at the same time. The Texans D is good, but they don't remind me of utter dominance. They don't remind me of some of the Ravens defense that single handedly won the Super Bowl for them. Or Tamp Bays defense that won the Super Bowl. The Texans D is good, but I think they are beatable primarily because they have no one in the secondary other than JJ and I think the Broncos offensive line will deal with the Texans and their pass rush the same way teams with good offensive lines dealt with the Colts pass rush in the past. I think this not just because I am a Colts fan.

No, really? Our defense was ranked second last year, so we fared well against everybody else. Why should the Broncos be any different? Because they have Manning at QB? Right. Watch the game, please, and you will see the pressure that we apply. We've already shut down Jones-Drew and Bush, now...um..what's the guy's name...oh yeah McGahee is next. Him and his 64 rushing yards.

It's easy to shut down a running game when that's the only game they have. But now you have an offense that can pass too. Not the Texans can't handle it, I just don't think it's going to be as easy as you are making it out to be.

Don't you think a good portion of your gains against those runners happened because they have absolutely no passing game to speak of? There is no one in the Dolphins wr core who could even sit the bench for us, and the Jaguars are about the same other than Blackmon. Look I'm not saying the Texans will be blown out by any means, I just think 18 and the possee will prevail.

No one is saying who Luck is going to thrash after beating a mediocre opponent like the Vikings, but you are saying how good that D is after beating down mediocre opponents? I've watched both of the Texans games because I watch the Colts games at Buffalo Wild Wings so I get to see both games at the same time. The Texans D is good, but they don't remind me of utter dominance. They don't remind me of some of the Ravens defense that single handedly won the Super Bowl for them. Or Tamp Bays defense that won the Super Bowl. The Texans D is good, but I think they are beatable and not just because I am a Colts fan.

"I'm not ruling winning the division, and making the playoffs for this team. We have a good nucleus from the Owner down to the players." So you think the Colts players and team are more likely to get wins than a loaded Texans offense, defense, and good ST? I'll repeat, we beat more than just the Jaguars and Dolphins last year! Number 2 ranked overall defense! Of course you don't believe the Texans have what it takes. It's only natural. Just don't go starting a "the world is over" thread if the Colts end up 4-12 and the Texans are in the AFC Championship Game. Every team is beatable, but the reasons you are giving for why are not very good.

I agree....

Don't forget that our schedule differs only by two games. Those are the games based on your record last year. Other than that, it's the same schedule.

Also, you play us twice. Which are two tough games for you to win, so you could almost cancel out those two games I mentioned.

There is no 'check that a win' game for the Colts this year. MAYBE the Browns, but they have proven tough but ultimately not enough so far this year. Also you could count us at LOS just to be jerks, but I hold out hope. :D

It's easy to shut down a running game when that's the only game they have. But now you have an offense that can pass too. Not the Texans can't handle it, I just don't think it's going to be as easy as you are making it out to be.

The Broncos second leading receiver had only 54 yards. It was just one game, true, but that's nothing to be happy about. Demaryius Thomas is the only real threat they have at receiver, but Tamme at TE is definitely going to be key. It's going to be all about pressure. When a defense gets enough pressure on the quarterback it leads to turnovers, and I think that's another thing the Texans have in their favor.

Don't you think a good portion of your gains against those runners happened because they have absolutely no passing game to speak of? There is no one in the Dolphins wr core who could even sit the bench for us, and the Jaguars are about the same other than Blackmon. Look I'm not saying the Texans will be blown out by any means, I just think 18 and the possee will prevail.

Decker...Thomas...Tamme..no wait he's a TE. I can't exactly say that the Broncos have a great receiving core either. If Davone Bess and Blackmon were playing for the Colts, they wouldn't be starters? -__-

"I'm not ruling winning the division, and making the playoffs for this team. We have a good nucleus from the Owner down to the players." So you think the Colts players and team are more likely to get wins than a loaded Texans offense, defense, and good ST? I'll repeat, we beat more than just the Jaguars and Dolphins last year! Number 2 ranked overall defense! Of course you don't believe the Texans have what it takes. It's only natural. Just don't go starting a "the world is over" thread if the Colts end up 4-12 and the Texans are in the AFC Championship Game. Every team is beatable, but the reasons you are giving for why are not very good.

I didn't make any statements that said in fact we were. The statements I made said that we had a chance and I gave reasons for my thinking. My main reason was because the division is weak, The Texans schedule is brutal, and the Colts schedule is weak. Those were my primary reasons for making my statements.

Don't forget that our schedule differs only by two games. Those are the games based on your record last year. Other than that, it's the same schedule.

Also, you play us twice. Which are two tough games for you to win, so you could almost cancel out those two games I mentioned.

There is no 'check that a win' game for the Colts this year. MAYBE the Browns, but they have proven tough but ultimately not enough so far this year. Also you could count us at LOS just to be jerks, but I hold out hope. :D

You can start chalking up your win in Indy once you do it. You should beat the colts but you should have done it last year too against a worse team and didn't.

I don't think the colts are going to playoffs but I do think they will hold thier own at home this season and they will be hard to beat there.

I never rule out Colts vs Texans games. Their is no reason historically to do so. There is a feeling among some that we should rule it out, but we play you guys so late in the season this year who knows what will happen. Schaub is usually hurt around that time of year so I don't even know if the guy will be playing. I think offensively and defensively we will have a much better identity by the time we play that game. I think the odds are that you guys may win, but I'm not conceding those games.

I didn't make any statements that said in fact we were. The statements I made said that we had a chance and I gave reasons for my thinking. My main reason was because the division is weak, The Texans schedule is brutal, and the Colts schedule is weak. Those were my primary reasons for making my statements.

Well, I think the Texans have just as much chance of winning as the Colts as well, despite the schedule. I think Luck has the chance to be very good too, but I still try to look at this season as realistically as possible. Are the Texans going to go 8-8 due to a hard schedule? No, more than likely not. Are the Colts going to get 14 wins and a first-round bye? No, probably not. We can't base things off of schedule strength, it's all about team play. The Cardinals and Seahawks showed us that yesterday.

I never rule out Colts vs Texans games. Their is no reason historically to do so. There is a feeling among some that we should rule it out, but we play you guys so late in the season this year who knows what will happen. Schaub is usually hurt around that time of year so I don't even know if the guy will be playing. I think offensively and defensively we will have a much better identity by the time we play that game. I think the odds are that you guys may win, but I'm not conceding those games.

Great post!

Decker...Thomas...Tamme..no wait he's a TE. I can't exactly say that the Broncos have a great receiving core either. If Davone Bess and Blackmon were playing for the Colts, they wouldn't be starters? -__-

I said no one on the Dolphins, not no one on the Jaguars. Bess is a good player, so yes I'll give you that one.

We have plenty of room for improvement and I believe we'll be an improved team come December. That being said, the schedulemakers have made things interesting. We play at Hou in week 15 - Hou will be coming off their 3rd straight road game, not to mention a short week. We have a soft home schedule and have a chance to win 6 or even 7 home games. I have us going 9-7 with GB as our only home loss.

Well, I think the Texans have just as much chance of winning as the Colts as well, despite the schedule. I think Luck has the chance to be very good too, but I still try to look at this season as realistically as possible. Are the Texans going to go 8-8 due to a hard schedule? No, more than likely not. Are the Colts going to get 14 wins and a first-round bye? No, probably not. We can't base things off of schedule strength, it's all about team play. The Cardinals and Seahawks showed us that yesterday.

If you can find one of my earlier statements I said it's more likely for the Colts to make the playoffs than it will be for us to win the division overall, but based on the 3 reasons I gave I said we have a chance for both. Although winning the division will be less likely to happen. The games must be played. The Texans are a good team, matter of fact I live in Houston. Just happen to be a die hard Colts fan. Always will be!

You guys are blowing this whole "Texans have a hard schedule and the Colts don't" thing out of proportion.

Colts:

Cleveland

KC

Texans:

Denver

Baltimore

Those are the only differences in the two schedules. And like I said, you play US twice a year...does that cancel out your two 'easy' games? I would say it does.

If you can find one of my earlier statements I said it's more likely for the Colts to make the playoffs than it will be for us to win the division overall, but based on the 3 reasons I gave I said we have a chance for both. Although winning the division will be less likely to happen. The games must be played. The Texans are a good team, matter of fact I live in Houston. Just happen to be a die hard Colts fan. Always will be!

Yes, very true. I too live in Houston, in case you couldn't tell. :)

We have plenty of room for improvement and I believe we'll be an improved team come December. That being said, the schedulemakers have made things interesting. We play at Hou in week 15 - Hou will be coming off their 3rd straight road game, not to mention a short week. We have a soft home schedule and have a chance to win 6 or even 7 home games. I have us going 9-7 with GB as our only home loss.

After watching the Patriots lose to Arizona yesterday I'm wondering about the Patriots game a bit.

It's highly likely we will lose but I'm just saying. Probably wasting my breath I suppose!!!

You guys are blowing this whole "Texans have a hard schedule and the Colts don't" thing out of proportion.

Colts:

Cleveland

KC

Texans:

Denver

Baltimore

Those are the only differences in the two schedules. And like I said, you play US twice a year...does that cancel out your two 'easy' games? I would say it does.

Ultimately the games have to be played so we are just theorizing which is what us fans do, but my thing is look at when you guys have to play those tough games. They are literally back to back to back almost. Jets, GB, Ravens, Bills games can be tough late in the year, and their defense should be shaping up by that point. Then you turn around and play Chicago which has a good chance of being a loss, then you have a division game right after that against the Jags again which you should win, but the second division game is usually tough. Then you turn around and play the lions which could also be a loss. You get a break against the Titans and then you turn right back around and play the Patriots who we know will be in full playoff march by that point in the year. It could be a series of losses. The schedule makers did not construct our schedule that way, we may play some similar opponents when you look at it, but not all at one time.

As I said I'm not conceding any Texans vs. Colts games. You guys had to play a full game against the Dolphins before you pulled away from them. No reason for the Colts to concede.

Ultimately the games have to be played so we are just theorizing which is what us fans do, but my thing is look at when you guys have to play those tough games. They are literally back to back to back almost. Jets, GB, Ravens, Bills games can be tough late in the year, and their defense should be shaping up by that point. Then you turn around and play Chicago which has a good chance of being a loss, then you have a division game right after that against the Jags again which you should win, but the second division game is usually tough. Then you turn around and play the lions which could also be a loss. You get a break against the Titans and then you turn right back around and play the Patriots who we know will be in full playoff march by that point in the year. It could be a series of losses. The schedule makers did not construct our schedule that way, we may play some similar opponents when you look at it, but not all at one time.

Theorize all you want.

As I said I'm not conceding any Texans vs. Colts games. You guys had to play a full game against the Dolphins before you pulled away from them. No reason for the Colts to concede.

I guess two quarters is considered a 'full game' to you? We were up 24-3 at the half.

You have an over-inflated idea of how good your defense really is. I believe you guys are a solid D, but if you look back at last season, you guys feasted on inferior offenses the majority of the season. Of the offenses in the upper half of the league you guys faced last year, you only won one game. You allowed 40 to New Orleans (loss), 25 to Oakland (loss), 29 to Baltimore (loss) and 28 to Carolina (loss.) The only legit offense you shutdown all of last year was against the Falcons, holding them to 10 points. This year you've shutdown Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.... Kudos to you.

You talk about your defense and how Peyton won't be able to move the ball against it, as if it's all-time great. He just dissected a defense 10 times more storied than your own (with couple of superbowls to show for it) so I don't think he will have as difficult a time with them as you believe.

You have an over-inflated idea of how good your defense really is. I believe you guys are a solid D, but if you look back at last season, you guys feasted on inferior offenses the majority of the season. Of the offenses in the upper half of the league you guys faced last year, you only won one game. You allowed 40 to New Orleans (loss), 25 to Oakland (loss), 29 to Baltimore (loss) and 28 to Carolina (loss.) The only legit offense you shutdown all of last year was against the Falcons, holding them to 10 points. This year you've shutdown Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.... Kudos to you.

You talk about your defense and how Peyton won't be able to move the ball against it, as if it's all-time great. He just dissected a defense 10 times more storied than your own (with couple of superbowls to show for it) so I don't think he will have as difficult a time with them as you believe.

Did you watch our defense in the playoffs? Whoo boy.