Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts - Minnesota (even)

oldunclemark

the spread last week was Colts plus-9 ..and over-under 48 and the Bears won by 20.(in a 62-point game) .right?

..so I guess you have to be careful not to look at this Sunday through 'home team' glasses

At least 2 oddsmakers make this an even game......

I'd take the Colts....who get 2 WRs.....and one O-lineman back this week at home

The over-under is 44.5...and that's going over for sure with Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson for the Vikings...

...the Colts scored 21 on the Bears...and the rookies will be much more confortable in the second game

of their careers...

I like the matchup of our receivers against their secondary...

your thoughts...

What Secondary? Just Winfield, who's matched up against Wayne. Idk any of the Vikings Secondary now that Jackson left to Washington. Jared Allen, & the William Brothers are the Biggest threats. Quick Passes & Draw plays should slow them down though. The Smurfs are in FULL force now with TY back.

Our Defense should stop Adrian Peterson. We held Forte pretty well until the Fatigue from Offense not producing set in on us. We need to keep Ponder in 3rd & long situations cause he struggles in those scenarios. Harvin & Peterson are the only threats I see on the Offensive side for the Vikings

Bears are a turnover machine... colts gave up 5 turnovers in the season opener, thats a huge reason the score got out of hand the second half, not sure this next game is as high scoring as last weeks game... the Vegas odds men are usually so close it scares me... lost out on so many parlays due to a half point here or there..

the Minnesota is as winnable a game on the Colts schedule as there is, I really hope they pull this one out & Luck has his "coming" out party at home with the crowd getting behind him, i believe it'd do wonders for the team and the fanbase, (at least those who have their hand on the panic button after one game, a game most reasonable fans expected to lose anyways) Is Edge getting inducted to the Ring of Honor this home game or the next??? That may help the crowd stay in a game if the first half is rocky...

What Secondary? Just Winfield, who's matched up against Wayne. Idk any of the Vikings Secondary now that Jackson left to Washington. Jared Allen, & the William Brothers are the Biggest threats. Quick Passes & Draw plays should slow them down though. The Smurfs are in FULL force now with TY back.

Our Defense should stop Adrian Peterson. We held Forte pretty well until the Fatigue from Offense not producing set in on us. We need to keep Ponder in 3rd & long situations cause he struggles in those scenarios. Harvin & Peterson are the only threats I see on the Offensive side for the Vikings

Minnesota fans could easily say the same thing about the Colts...

What secondary, besides Vontae Davis who has only been in town for a min.

&

Reggie Wayne (an older reciever) & Collie (a concussion away from early retirement) are the only threats most teams are gonna really see playing on the Colts offense until the younger group proves themselves...

Minnesota fans could easily say the same thing about the Colts...

What secondary, besides Vontae Davis who has only been in town for a min.

&

Reggie Wayne (an older reciever) & Collie (a concussion away from early retirement) are the only threats most teams are gonna really see playing on the Colts offense until the younger group proves themselves...

Powers isn't no Bum. The pick he almost had last week showed that. People sleep on Powers. And imo, us signing Vontae is gonna be that last push Powers needed to be a Good CB. Our CB's against the Vikings WR's, we Win that matchup. and the Smurfs are gonna prove themselves

I am being corrected..The Colts OFFENSE scored only 14 on the Bears on offense..

Freeman scored the other 7......that is true...but Vinateri mnisseda field goal he almost never misses

I juts think the atmosphere will be very positive Sunday and with a couple dozen rookeis and first year guys, that matters...

Plus..Minnesota didnt see out entire passing attack..

I woukld not be shocked if Luck posted a 400-yard game....because this could be a high scoring shootout...

Powers isn't no Bum. The pick he almost had last week showed that. People sleep on Powers. And imo, us signing Vontae is gonna be that last push Powers needed to be a Good CB. Our CB's against the Vikings WR's, we Win that matchup. and the Smurfs are gonna prove themselves

I like Powers, but he isn't a brand that is exactly striking fear into the eyes of opposing teams fanbase, same with our recieving core outside of Wayne...

That is all I am saying...

I like Powers, but he isn't a brand that is exactly striking fear into the eyes of opposing teams fanbase, same with our recieving core outside of Wayne...

That is all I am saying...

Maybe not striking Fear, but he can hold his own. And that's a Good thing if people don't fear our WR's, cause then we can show them up

Pat and Kevin weren't actually brothers and Pat hasn't played for the VIkings since retiring in 2010. Robison is the other starting DE and is pretty good IMO. Chris Cook is the other starting corner opposite of Winfield and will get some time on Wayne.

Vikes depth chart here: http://www.vikings.com/team/depth-chart.html (you can change the dropdown at the top between offense/defense)

We're 9-0 I believe against the Vikings at Home. I don't think we'll plan on making it 9-1. But Irsay has another Idea via Twitter

We have zero OT games against the Vikings,could Sunday be our 1st?- @JimIrsay

Edit: At least that's what NFL Network said. We're 9-0 against them at Home. Anyone wanna confirm that?

Pat and Kevin weren't actually brothers and Pat hasn't played for the VIkings since retiring in 2010. Robison is the other starting DE and is pretty good IMO. Chris Cook is the other starting corner opposite of Winfield and will get some time on Wayne.

Vikes depth chart here: http://www.vikings.c...epth-chart.html (you can change the dropdown at the top between offense/defense)

Well, shows how much I pay attention to the NFC North. Didn't realize Pat Retired.

We're 9-0 I believe against the Vikings at Home. I don't think we'll plan on making it 9-1. But Irsay has another Idea via Twitter

Edit: At least that's what NFL Network said. We're 9-0 against them at Home. Anyone wanna confirm that?

Yeah there are 3 teams I believe that haven't beat us at home: Ravens, Vikings, Texans.

http://www.pro-footb...&tm2=min&yr=all

Most of the home wins came at Memorial, and this will be their first game in Lucas Oil.

Bears are a turnover machine... colts gave up 5 turnovers in the season opener, thats a huge reason the score got out of hand the second half, not sure this next game is as high scoring as last weeks game... the Vegas odds men are usually so close it scares me... lost out on so many parlays due to a half point here or there..

the Minnesota is as winnable a game on the Colts schedule as there is, I really hope they pull this one out & Luck has his "coming" out party at home with the crowd getting behind him, i believe it'd do wonders for the team and the fanbase, (at least those who have their hand on the panic button after one game, a game most reasonable fans expected to lose anyways) Is Edge getting inducted to the Ring of Honor this home game or the next??? That may help the crowd stay in a game if the first half is rocky...

Edge is being iducted at the Jacksonville Game.

I know a lot of Colts fans are pointing to this game as a game the Colts are going to win. While i agree it's a winnable game I don't think it's going to be as easy as some fans think it's going to be. Think about it this way, the Colts biggest weakness is the o-line and the one thing the Vikings still do very well is get after their QB with the front four. They lead the NFL in sacks a year ago. If they can get to Luck and slow down our running game we might very well struggle on offense. On defense we have to stop Peterson and we all know stopping the run isn't exactly the Colts specialty. This is a young team that is trying to figure things out that might take awhile and while this game is winnable I would encourage fans to keep for reaching for the panic button if it doesn't go the way we would like.

I know a lot of Colts fans are pointing to this game as a game the Colts are going to win. While i agree it's a winnable game I don't think it's going to be as easy as some fans think it's going to be. Think about it this way, the Colts biggest weakness is the o-line and the one thing the Vikings still do very well is get after their QB with the front four. They lead the NFL in sacks a year ago. If they can get to Luck and slow down our running game we might very well struggle on offense. On defense we have to stop Peterson and we all know stopping the run isn't exactly the Colts specialty. This is a young team that is trying to figure things out that might take awhile and while this game is winnable I would encourage fans to keep for reaching for the panic button if it doesn't go the way we would like.

Just wanted to tell you post always make very good points. :thmup: Giving you a like for sure.