Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doomsday Button!

neverstop1863

Well i had a chance to finally sit down and watch the game in full and let me tell you there were a ton of positive notes in this game......unfortunately i work very long shifts and didnt get to watch the game live, so i relied on this forum to get some fan analysis about the overall feeling of our new team.......well to tell the truth the overall all forum feeing was "lets hit the doomsday button" with a little bit of true game analysis sprinkled in. Looking at the stats i started to think that some of the over reaction was just that "over reaction", so i couldnt wait to finally watch the game, i did so today and i was not disappointed definantely some bright spots in this team.

Defense:didnt look that bad, yes maybe we lacked some run coverage but the overall product seems to be coming together. I.E. Cutler did feelthe pressure, took some hits and threw some bad balls. A lot of people are complaining about the coverage on marshall, well it is what it is.....Marshall isnt some pee on receiver he is good! Plus the throws that Cutler was giving him.....well lets admit they were good..!

Vontae Davis made a great open field tackle on Forte that many would have missed, to stop a sure touchdown. Yes Bethea came in behind to contend but i was glad to see Vontae sure up the tackle.

Freeney going out was tough to see hope is ok, but i seen some good plays from Hughes as well.

Offense: So lets make it clear Luck didnt suck!! He was making some great reads, and utilizing his check downs.....yea he was to blame for some turnovers but we gotta protect the quarterback to fix this issue. On the other hand he made some really great throws most to Reggie!! so on that note........REGGIE!!! REGGIE!!! REGGIE!!!!

Fleener made some really good plays and that should do nothing but improve going forward.

So now lets get to the "Hot Topic" the run game.......Donald Brown may not be the greatest RB of all time, but when the play developed at the line he made the play! Yea he dropped 2 crucials balls and should work on keeping his eyes on the ball....but his talents are there we just need the line to continue the efforts they put forth on his TD run.

So to end my rant The Bears are pretty good, and i am glad we went against a team of this caliber to break our young team in it will do nothing but help us diagnose what needs to be done......on that topic "in Grigson I trust".

GO COLTS!!!!! TRUE BLUE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

I thought we played pretty well. Offensively we played well enough, except the line and D was good until DFREE93 went out. All in all I think we are alot better team than I thought we would be at this point. GO COLTS!!!

Yea Freeney going out was a great loss....but teams will begin to fear Hughes, Nevis, Redding, and alot of these new faces.

After the Skins preseason game I started a thread basically saying "this is what we're going to see". Some agreed with me, others didn't.

To think this is a playoff team is a bit premature, or maybe even delusional. But there's the making of that kind of team with a few improvements and some depth, mainly on both lines.

OP, I'll echo your last line: Go Colts!

After the Skins preseason game I started a thread basically saying "this is what we're going to see". Some agreed with me, others didn't.

To think this is a playoff team is a bit premature, or maybe even delusional. But there's the making of that kind of team with a few improvements and some depth, mainly on both lines.

OP, I'll echo your last line: Go Colts!

Yea like i said there were def. a lot of threads which im sure included yours that gave me some true insight as to how we looked.....and i appreciate that. I just hope everyone can see the small sparks that can start a fire! IT IS THERE! yea some improvement need to be made but we will get there. I am counting myself lucky that we are in the position that we are in, some teams arent as lucky..........(the dolphins) are a good example they are still waiting on these sparks that we have.

I don't care what ANYBODY says........this was a great start for us as a new team........yes there were mistakes....yes there were blown coverages.....yes there were missed tackles......yes there where a couple of injuries........

BUT for a NEW team.....full of rookies......full of new coaches......a rookie QB in Luck......a new scheme on defense and a new scheme on offense.....we did a far far better job than almost anyone expected.......

Come on.......with the exception of the 3 dropped balls by receivers....and the two interceptions out to deep right side of the field...we played our hearts out and did a very good job....a very good job....

THE BEST THING about all of the misques.....were that they were mistakes....and mistakes can be fixed.......DO WE SUCK......absolutely not....we made a handful of mistakes on our first time out........everything else was great....and they never gave up or quite when we were down......our OL is going to be killer......our DL is also going to be a run stuffing monster.......I can't wait for everyone to gel and become the MONSTER they will be...

We have the makings of a GREAT team and I am so excited to whatch them play on and get better every week........I love the colts.

This is all good positive replies, thanks alot for adding more positive on positive. To add to it how about some love for special teams......and Lefeged! average starting postition for the Bears on their own 12 thats some good stuff.......and wow some of those plays to down the ball under the 5 were awesome!

it's not time to hit the button people think we have a brand new defense for not only veterans but rookies as well we have a ungodly amount of rookies we have a rookie qb and new coach and staff its a learing process that won't happen overnight i think we will suprise allot and i like grigson isnt affraid to sign people we would normally wait until draft i like what he brings go big blue

Nothing to worry about, the Colts are who we thought they were at this stage, full of rookies with potentially very good talent (we saw that in Fleener and from Luck off and on). our defense will improve but it wont come until we get a couple true OLB's who can contain the runs to the outside, Freeney and even Mathis are not it, they are rushers and rushers only which leaves GAPING holes when they rush and overpursuit, our run defense to the inside should be just fine thats not where we have been getting burned on most runs. Our containment is a easy target and Chicago new it as will other teams, theres ways to aid that by bringing a safety up into the box

I don't care what ANYBODY says........this was a great start for us as a new team........yes there were mistakes....yes there were blown coverages.....yes there were missed tackles......yes there where a couple of injuries........

BUT for a NEW team.....full of rookies......full of new coaches......a rookie QB in Luck......a new scheme on defense and a new scheme on offense.....we did a far far better job than almost anyone expected.......

Come on.......with the exception of the 3 dropped balls by receivers....and the two interceptions out to deep right side of the field...we played our hearts out and did a very good job....a very good job....

THE BEST THING about all of the misques.....were that they were mistakes....and mistakes can be fixed.......DO WE SUCK......absolutely not....we made a handful of mistakes on our first time out........everything else was great....and they never gave up or quite when we were down......our OL is going to be killer......our DL is also going to be a run stuffing monster.......I can't wait for everyone to gel and become the MONSTER they will be...

We have the makings of a GREAT team and I am so excited to whatch them play on and get better every week........I love the colts.

We did a lot of the same things last year, but never overcame those issues with the personnel and coaching we had. This is a new team with new leadership and I'm confident these issues will be addressed and we will see improvement each week.