Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket?

SilentHill

I can't get directv so, I will be buying Sunday Ticket streaming this year. Does anyone use this or have this?

What I'm really trying to find out is which deal is better?

Directv offers the Sunday ticket online for the phone, tablet, computer for $249.99

They also offer the Sunday Ticket through the PS3 for $299.99

From what I've read on the net, the stream all comes from the same servers, 720P HD

I was only thinking about the PS3 for it's amazing up-scaling to a higher definition, rather than a laptop plugged into a TV via HDMI, but the online version is truly mobile I can watch anywhere on my tablet, etc. the PS3 one is linked to my PS3 account so I would have to bring my PS3 with me or go somewhere that has a PS3 to watch the games.

Anyone have any experience with either one?

I've never tried Sunday Ticket streaming, but NFL.com has an option to stream regular season games (unless blacked out, then you have to wait 24 hours) for something like $60 for the year. If you can pull down at least 3 MB/s, you can get pretty good quality - not sure on what the actual resolution is without checking it out, but I've had it for 2 years now and its just fine on my 21" PC Monitor. The streaming quality is determined by your connection and will pull the best it can handle.

I know its now what you're asking about, but figured I'd toss it out there in case you wanted to check it out - its quite a bit cheaper than sunday ticket.

Here's the page with the three reduced fee options...

#1) Roughly $70 for the regular season, every team, plus playoffs.

#2) Roughly $40 for the regular season, every team, but NO playoffs.

#3) Roughly $35 for 1 team, your favorite team for the regular season, NO playoffs.

Since I'm not expecting the Colts to make the post-season, #3 is the one I'm leaning toward.

Here's your link:

Don't forget the restrictions in the Fine Print. Check those out ahead of time so you understand what you're buying!!!

https://gamerewind.n...=GR_GeoBlock_GP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the nfl.com games are live - if that makes a difference.

On the bright side I think that you can watch whatever games you want over and over on nfl.com - as opposed to regular Directv for the tv which just does each game once. Unless you have a LOT of hardware, you aren't realistically watching as many games as the advertising implies.

I have no idea how "sunday ticket streaming" works, but I strongly suspect that it is the same as the tv service - just designed to extend the service to those who don't have southern exposure. It is unlikely to be a superior service.

I got option 1 there, but I watch every game (after 24 hours, they have full and condensed versions of the game) and all of them are available throughout the entire season so you could go back and watch a week 2 matchup while you're sitting there in December waiting for the rematch with some divisional opponent.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the nfl.com games are live - if that makes a difference.

I *think* they were live unless blacked out, but I'm having trouble remembering because I was usually out watching the game, then used NFL.com during the week to watch the rest.

edit---

Mac was right, they're not live. 24 hours later I think it was.

I *think* they were live unless blacked out, but I'm having trouble remembering because I was usually out watching the game, then used NFL.com during the week to watch the rest.

edit---

Mac was right, they're not live. 24 hours later I think it was.

The Sunday games are posted after Sunday Night Football is over, and the entire service is shut off during Sunday Night and Monday night football.

That's why I haven't used it in the past. If the Colts are on Sunday at 1, realistically I'm not watching the game until Tuesday night unless I lose a lot of sleep or squeeze it in Monday before that game starts. It that's your only source, and you want to enjoy the game properly, that' a LONG time to try and avoid finding out the score. No watching any other football, no coming to this site, or the sports section of any news source.

In other words, unless you can't afford any other solution it really isn't a viable option - but it would be a fantastic resource as a complement to being able to watch the game live elsewhere - particularly with the "coaches view" they are pushing now.

In other words, unless you can't afford any other solution it really isn't a viable option - but it would be a fantastic resource as a complement to being able to watch the game live elsewhere - particularly with the "coaches view" they are pushing now.

yup that's what I did last year...watched my games at a sports bar, then caught the rest during the week in their condensed versions - very good resource indeed.

yup that's what I did last year...watched my games at a sports bar, then caught the rest during the week in their condensed versions - very good resource indeed.

Ah, I've considered that from time to time (assuming I could find a place that played the games). When debating the cost of Directv however, I've always concluded that a sports bar would end up costing CONSIDERABLY more in food/drinks. And you can't pause it when the inevitable result of said indulgence hits home. :P (Then there is the issue of getting close enough to the tv to see what's going on, dealing with fans of the other team, etc. I much prefer screaming in the peace of my own den.)

Ah, I've considered that from time to time (assuming I could find a place that played the games). When debating the cost of Directv however, I've always concluded that a sports bar would end up costing CONSIDERABLY more in food/drinks. And you can't pause it when the inevitable result of said indulgence hits home. :P (Then there is the issue of getting close enough to the tv to see what's going on, dealing with fans of the other team, etc. I much prefer screaming in the peace of my own den.)

yeah I've been through that mess too with various bars, but I've got a good place in downtown Seattle - basement of a sports bar owned by a big skins fan, so the game in the basement is shown on a 10x10 projection screen and its all skins fans. :) I do miss being able to pause and rewind on command, but that part of me can wait for a day or two when I can look at something objectively and not let emotion cloud what I see. ;)

thread = hijacked **sorry!

yeah I've been through that mess too with various bars, but I've got a good place in downtown Seattle - basement of a sports bar owned by a big skins fan, so the game in the basement is shown on a 10x10 projection screen and its all skins fans. :) I do miss being able to pause and rewind on command, but that part of me can wait for a day or two when I can look at something objectively and not let emotion cloud what I see. ;)

thread = hijacked **sorry!

That sounds like fun.

Aside from the :redskins: part of course. :D Ancient rivals (according to my wife who spent a few years in Baltimore).

That sounds like fun.

Aside from the :redskins: part of course. :D Ancient rivals (according to my wife who spent a few years in Baltimore).

hehe...yeah....70 miles apart - fighting over a whole region of fans. I'm not actually from there though. South Dakota originally.

Yea.

The Game Rewind is nice, however it isn't live. I can't wait until Monday to watch Sunday's games lol.

I know I'm going to get this service I'm just not sure which option will be better :(

I'd go with the PS3 option and just watch from home with the higher quality, but I don't know how often you like to go out on Sundays either...

I'm ready to purchase #2). The minimum speed requirement is 2Mbps. I am supposed to have 3 but usually slightly below that. Do you think it will be do-able?

Also, why would you every buy #1) if you don't want coaches film? We get all playoff games live anyway. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the info, everyone!

I'm ready to purchase #2). The minimum speed requirement is 2Mbps. I am supposed to have 3 but usually slightly below that. Do you think it will be do-able?

Also, why would you every buy #1) if you don't want coaches film? We get all playoff games live anyway. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the info, everyone!

just being able to watch the playoff games several times (of course you can just DVR them too) -- but for me is the coach's film

The preseason streaming package works as low as 400k/s, though of course its a bit pixelated. If you're not trying to watch it on a 40" TV or anything, I would think you'd get plenty good enough quality out of 2-3 MB/s.

just being able to watch the playoff games several times (of course you can just DVR them too) -- but for me is the coach's film

The preseason streaming package works as low as 400k/s, though of course its a bit pixelated. If you're not trying to watch it on a 40" TV or anything, I would think you'd get plenty good enough quality out of 2-3 MB/s.

Great. Appreciate the info very much!

So I bought it for PS3 today, only to be greated with a message that says:

Sorry!

The season starts 9/9 check back then!

What the heck? I wanted to check out the redzone channel!

Redzone isn't a channel like the NFL network. It doesn't exist except for a few hours on Sunday afternoons during the season.

Actually NFL Sunday Ticket in it's entirety only exists between about noon EST to about 7:30pm on Sunday's during the season. Each game is on it's own channel, and the broadcast is exactly the same as what you are used to watching - you just get all the games instead of the 1-3 games chosen for your area.

Redzone is nothing but a channel that bounces around live from channel to channel (game to game) depending on what they think is about to be important or exiting. IE: When a team enters the redzone. I've put it on once in awhile, but mostly find it annoying. If I want to bounce around from game to game, I have a remote control that does the same thing - and it allows me to stick with said game rather than bouncing randomly like an 8 year old with ADD.

Redzone isn't a channel like the NFL network. It doesn't exist except for a few hours on Sunday afternoons during the season.

Actually NFL Sunday Ticket in it's entirety only exists between about noon EST to about 7:30pm on Sunday's during the season. Each game is on it's own channel, and the broadcast is exactly the same as what you are used to watching - you just get all the games instead of the 1-3 games chosen for your area.

Redzone is nothing but a channel that bounces around live from channel to channel (game to game) depending on what they think is about to be important or exiting. IE: When a team enters the redzone. I've put it on once in awhile, but mostly find it annoying. If I want to bounce around from game to game, I have a remote control that does the same thing - and it allows me to stick with said game rather than bouncing randomly like an 8 year old with ADD.

Thanks!

This helped :)

I've never tried Sunday Ticket streaming, but NFL.com has an option to stream regular season games (unless blacked out, then you have to wait 24 hours) for something like $60 for the year. If you can pull down at least 3 MB/s, you can get pretty good quality - not sure on what the actual resolution is without checking it out, but I've had it for 2 years now and its just fine on my 21" PC Monitor. The streaming quality is determined by your connection and will pull the best it can handle.

I know its now what you're asking about, but figured I'd toss it out there in case you wanted to check it out - its quite a bit cheaper than sunday ticket.

how doest hat work? NFL.COM streams games? i usually buy sunday ticket here in Mexico but i wont be able this year because they just elevated the price ridiculously andright now im on a save mode kind of way. but for 60 bucks ill buy it, have been trying to find on NFL.COM but cant find it...could you point me out how to look for it?

how doest hat work? NFL.COM streams games? i usually buy sunday ticket here in Mexico but i wont be able this year because they just elevated the price ridiculously andright now im on a save mode kind of way. but for 60 bucks ill buy it, have been trying to find on NFL.COM but cant find it...could you point me out how to look for it?

https://gamerewind.n...ges?ttv=0&ttp=3

if you just want your team, you can get just them for $35. Keep in mind though as stated in some posts above that they are not live broadcasts. See the post #7 by Mac for details. I typically head out to a sports bar or something and watch my game there, then during the week I use NFL.com and watch the rest.

As for being in Mexico, I'm not sure how that's going to work for you internationally - I know I can't get to my netflix account when I'm travelling in Canada. I haven't tried to get the NFL streaming internationally yet, though I'm leaving for Canada again Monday for 2-3 weeks, so I'll find out soon enough. That might be something you want to look into there before committing to buy. I'm of no help to you there though....no idea about that side of things.

https://gamerewind.n...ges?ttv=0&ttp=3

if you just want your team, you can get just them for $35. Keep in mind though as stated in some posts above that they are not live broadcasts. See the post #7 by Mac for details. I typically head out to a sports bar or something and watch my game there, then during the week I use NFL.com and watch the rest.

As for being in Mexico, I'm not sure how that's going to work for you internationally - I know I can't get to my netflix account when I'm travelling in Canada. I haven't tried to get the NFL streaming internationally yet, though I'm leaving for Canada again Monday for 2-3 weeks, so I'll find out soon enough. That might be something you want to look into there before committing to buy. I'm of no help to you there though....no idea about that side of things.

Thanks for the info man