Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why i bash Freeney.

bahhummbug

We had 35 million in dead money we payed players not to play.Then we keep Freeney for near another 20 mill.With the 14 million we could of spent months ago we could of put together a much more competitive team.People we passed on to keep Freeney upgrades over Oline.Ben Grubbs, Evan Mathis,,Jared Gaither,Carl Nicks,Demetrius Bell.CBs Carlos Rogers C. Finnegan, Brandon Carr .DTs Brandon Mebane,Aubrayo Franklin,Pat Wiliams Now anyone who can say these are not upgrades and starters plz give your real reason as to why 1 person fits on a gamble than 3 of these or more?Add the above OGs to our line and Aubrayo would you feel better about our team?1 man army fails for this reasoning if you cannot see what ive been saying for months in black and white i do not get your reasoning.Start Hughes or Addison and the players i mentioned?Then tell me what you think our record would be.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But what's done is done, and in every post you say the same thing. We all agree he is overpaid, not really worth it to cut him now.

Lol noone agrees lmao they think hes awesome hes a pass rusher not OLBr and its not the same you didnt answer the OPAnd why not worth to cut you can carry that over too next year also and hes not needed? carry over another 14 mill wow what a fa frenzy we could have?

Maybe the two people that should be bashed are Chris Polian for not extending him last year, or Ryan Grigson for not extending him now.

Freeney hasn't done anything wrong.. He signed a contract that was very team friendly early on, and is playing it out....

I don't agree with what is playing out either, but #93 doesn't deserve any venom over it.

It's similar to the people that ignorantly blame Peyton for his contract last year. The blame for that contract falls in Irsay's lap.

Lol noone agrees lmao they think hes awesome hes a pass rusher not OLBr and its not the same you didnt answer the OPAnd why not worth to cut you can carry that over too next year also and hes not needed? carry over another 14 mill wow what a fa frenzy we could have?

I said from day one if Freeney did not fit the mould of the Pagano/Raven style 3-4 he should have been traded while value was there.

He is here now and I want to see him in action in an attacking defense....not the Larry Coyer Cover Nobody....Bend But don't Win....Prevent a Victory defense.....Go get em Freeney and Mathis.....Blitz is now a word in the Colts vocabulary!!!! Hope Coyer enjoys his coney dogs at home this year. :)

Maybe the two people that should be bashed are Chris Polian for not extending him last year, or Ryan Grigson for not extending him now.

Freeney hasn't done anything wrong.. He signed a contract that was very team friendly early on, and is playing it out....

I don't agree with what is playing out either, but #93 doesn't deserve any venom over it.

The only problem that would be holding that extension up is Freeney himself as I understand it since he would have to agree and why would he agree to an extension after only limited playing time in the preseason especially when it wasnt successful limited playing time, I agree he doesnt deserve any venom for his current deal, Furthermore I believe we truly are in a win win situation only if he gets his roles down or is cut or traded for a low round pick such as a 5th

It's similar to the people that ignorantly blame Peyton for his contract last year. The blame for that contract falls in Irsay's lap.

Lol he needs cut roll it forward that simple. Not 1 person has answered op WHY? because all would have to agree we need the players mentioned that simple reply to OP not Freeney hes grown drop him there is no trade value roll it forward simple

The only problem that would be holding that extension up is Freeney himself as I understand it since he would have to agree and why would he agree to an extension after only limited playing time in the preseason especially when it wasnt successful limited playing time, I agree he doesnt deserve any venom for his current deal, Furthermore I believe we truly are in a win win situation only if he gets his roles down or is cut or traded for a low round pick such as a 5th

You cannot trade away a 14 million salary at this point no value in him left just drop and roll money forward

FJC said it best. The only thing I'd add is - let's see what he can do in our D. He may well be worth that contract. Or he may be a bust. Either way, you can only be upset with his production, not his contract.

Really still not 1 of you answered the op With 3 or 4 other people on lines Freeney was and is expendable 14 million gamble still. And not 1 has answered the question

FJC said it best. The only thing I'd add is - let's see what he can do in our D. He may well be worth that contract. Or he may be a bust. Either way, you can only be upset with his production, not his contract.

So 1 million a game gamble instead of signing real OGs and whatever you want next year? Roll 14 million forward i will and everytime you like a guy in Fa think we could of would of should of make it a Miami rebuild 20 years later?

I said from day one if Freeney did not fit the mould of the Pagano/Raven style 3-4 he should have been traded while value was there.

He is here now and I want to see him in action in an attacking defense....not the Larry Coyer Cover Nobody....Bend But don't Win....Prevent a Victory defense.....Go get em Freeney and Mathis.....Blitz is now a word in the Colts vocabulary!!!! Hope Coyer enjoys his coney dogs at home this year. :)

And no answer to OP lol add the players i mentioned then tell me your expectations

Lol not 1 person would admit what horrible mistake we made keeping Freeney and none of you will answer knowing we would of had a better team but you defend Freeney lets see what he can do.He will run pass thr runners miss tackles and not be in the play wont set the edge and get thrown on any questions?

And no answer to OP lol add the players i mentioned then tell me your expectations

Maybe no one wants to answer your question? Yes most of those players you mentioned would be upgrades, but what's done is done. We can't do anything about it now. And why drop him? So we could have 14m dead money that no one is playing for? Atleast let him play it out. Many have seen your rants about Freeney in almost every Freeney-related topic to know that replying to your OP will bring nothing but more pointless ranting about something that is done and we can't do anything about it now.

Freeney is being paid 14 million this season, it's the last year of his deal. Who cares??? What free agent out there now are you going to get? If he does well this season, maybe you look at giving him a new deal, if he doesn't you could trade him by week 9, or he just leaves in the offseason as a free agent.

I fail to see why this is even an issue, just seems like you harping on something that really does not matter. We will have a ton of cap space next year to persue guys who fit this system, time will tell if Freeney does as well.

so you think signing other teams cast offs its better than keeping a potential hall of fame player? excuse me if I think grigson and irsay know a little more about building and fielding an NFL team

Reall y another 1 that doesnt answer? so i do not want to see you complain about our oline d line or corners we could of had them so no complaining u

It does take two to tango.

As it is he's making 14 million this year. No more no less.

If they offered him a 3 year extension with a 15 million signing bonus and 1million base salary he would make more money this year than he currently is set to make, while lowering his cap hit 8 million dollars.

Nobody is suggesting that he sign a deal to make less money. It would be worth it for him to do so.

Doing an extension is three fold. It pays him more $ this year, it gives the team cap relief this year(and/or future), and it makes his contract more manageble to possibly trade in the offseason in case he isn't what he used to be in the new scheme.

Freeney is being paid 14 million this season, it's the last year of his deal. Who cares??? What free agent out there now are you going to get? If he does well this season, maybe you look at giving him a new deal, if he doesn't you could trade him by week 9, or he just leaves in the offseason as a free agent.

I fail to see why this is even an issue, just seems like you harping on something that really does not matter. We will have a ton of cap space next year to persue guys who fit this system, time will tell if Freeney does as well.

Again you do not understand english roll the money to next years cap spend it then instead of gambling it away really cmon people have any sense?

It does take two to tango.

As it is he's making 14 million this year. No more no less.

If they offered him a 3 year extension with a 15 million signing bonus and 1million base salary he would make more money this year than he currently is set to make, while lowering his cap hit 8 million dollars.

Nobody is suggesting that he sign a deal to make less money. It would be worth it for him to do so.

Doing an extension is three fold. It pays him more $ this year, it gives the team cap relief this year(and/or future), and it makes his contract more manageble to possibly trade in the offseason in case he isn't what he used to be in the new scheme.

And again no reply do you think 1 more time slowly do you think our team would be better off with OGs and CBs and NTs that were available then they r now? Roll the money spend it next year.

Lol not 1 person would admit what horrible mistake we made keeping Freeney and none of you will answer knowing we would of had a better team but you defend Freeney lets see what he can do.He will run pass thr runners miss tackles and not be in the play wont set the edge and get thrown on any questions?

I don't think anyone is arguing with you're logic. We're all saying you shouldn't bash Freeney for his salary. The front office chose to pay him and not go for any of the players you mentioned. Why should anyone bash Freeney about that?

And again no reply do you think 1 more time slowly do you think our team would be better off with OGs and CBs and NTs that were available then they r now? Roll the money spend it next year.

My stance on that topic has been documented more than once.

Hypothetically yes.

In reality it is hard to say. Who's to say those players would be willing to sign here.

I don't think anyone is arguing with you're logic. We're all saying you shouldn't bash Freeney for his salary. The front office chose to pay him and not go for any of the players you mentioned. Why should anyone bash Freeney about that?

Iam saying hes not worth 19 million dollars

Again you do not understand english roll the money to next years cap spend it then instead of gambling it away really cmon people have any sense?

Why does "rolling the money" matter? If Irsay wants to have the highest payroll in football next yr and pay Freeney 14 million this year he'll do it. Done it before

Would we be better off with 2 Ogs and another CB and a NT and whoever else we wanted than 1 Freeney? or better off to spend 14 million next year truly not a Freeney lover answer a real reality check?

It depends on the 2 og's CB and nose tackle.

There are scenarios that would be better.

There are scenarios that would be worse.