All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I said I understood his point of view. I don't devalue players like you seem to do. Players earn their spot and develop. It's that simple.
  3. As far as I know, they use the same process for their NFL evaluations as they do for their college evaluations. Now the additional component here is the projection, because their NFL grades are descriptive of the performance, while the draft big boards are predictive, which of course adds some uncertainty and projection about the prospects transition into the league. I would love to see their correlation numbers(but they are not public so...) because they've been introducing some new things into their projections - for example, they've said they've been studying what translates from college to NFL and what doesn't... for example - pass-blocking for OTs seem to translate better than run-blocking ... clean pocket passing translates and is more stable than off-script plays for the QBs, pressures/win%/college grade translate more than sacks for DL, etc. Then you add athleticism to the mix... and things can get murky. In general my biggest beef with their boards has been that they seem to overemphasize what the player is right now and don't seem to put enough emphasis on developmental upside. Although... as I say that I look at DK Metcalf being their no. 1 ranked WR while sporting a grade of about 70... (while most other projected day 1 and day 2 receivers are in the 80-90 range), so... maybe they've been changing their projections a bit... I don't know.
  4. what was your point then? you were supporting choe's suggestion that we don't need O weapons, because we have XX already and Ballard sees something in them because they are on the roster. why wouldn't you apply that logic to everyone on the roster? no spin. it's logic. but please explain.
  5. People love to talk about how smart Rick Venturi is, and he is. However, if you look at his record as a head coach it’s not good, that just reminds me even bad football people are way smarter than anyone posting here when it comes to football.
  6. KC followed the blue print Phil and Jax laid out (and even the Bengals early on) to double TY, and it worked. We played teams with crappy Os last year. This year we play 7 of the top 11 Os from last year. We can't afford to be shut down like KC did to us. If we get down early, we're one dimensional, and more times than not, we're going to lose. We have zero proven weapons receiving besides TY and Ebron (and Doyle if he can stay healthy) at this point.
  7. Now where did I say that? Putting your own twist on my comment is a waist of time.
  8. Q wasn't brought in last season and he was out first pick. I don't think we can read anything into what Ballard does or don't do. Trying to figure out how this draft is going down is just a guess at best.
  9. you can say the exact same thing about every person in every position on the team. "Ballard evidently sees something in all of them or they wouldn't be here"... does that mean we don't need to upgrade any person in any position?
  10. They are below average for their position. Quincy's 28th percentile, Desir is 37th percentile. Speed might not be the biggest prerequisite for our specific system, though... that was my point.
  11. Today
  12. Even though I am a Reds fan I don't like how few Cubs games I can see on Direct TV. I think their broadcasts are the best, both technically and the broadcasters. Rasiel Iglesias has figured it out. He started off rough but he has struck out the last 9 hitters he has faced in a span of his last three games. I hope he sits tomorrow.
  13. I think both of us have been swaying toward defense since the end of last season. Especially after hearing what Ballard has said. Naturally we need to improve at every position that's possible. Ballard will mix it up with 9 picks. (maybe more if he trades down?)
  14. I like Simmons a lot, just not a fan of waiting a year. His off the field issue bothers me, but not enough to keep me from picking him (assuming his interview covered it well). While the injury itself is not a show stopper, it's much harder rehabbing a 300ish lb guy as opposed to someone leaner. And getting back in game shape takes longer. As for him at NG/DT, he officially played NG at MSU. He was moved around a lot though. Most project him to DT. He like Tillery can both be moved around the interior. Another thing that concerns me a bit, is how much of his success was because teams were focusing on Sweat. Whenever you have multiple high achieving guys in any unit, their play is raised because of others.
  15. I’ve been saying for months that the emphasis in the draft would be defense. But that doesn’t mean we don’t need more and better playmakers.
  16. My opinion is if T J Hockenson is there you take him and run regardless it being TE. He gives you line protection and a receiving threat. It's like drafting two positions in one.
  17. Me neither. I just have a gut feeling he will go defense early. The reason I think that is what he said about stopping the other teams from scoring rather than out scoring them.
  18. If Ballard goes defense there is a pretty good chance we land an impact player.. Hopefully Dexter Lawrence, Greedy Williams, or Christain Wilkins in that order..I would not be sad about that either..
  19. After listening to Ballard I get the impression he will be working on the defense as his priority. If that means using the early draft picks in that area it wouldn't surprise me. We can all have our preference on what position he picks but I don't think any of us can be too sure about any direction he will go. Other than the first pick last year he showed us all we didn't have a clue.
  20. I don’t like to trade a first round pick and have to pay full price on a huge contract that Clark is demanding he receive. I’d say just stick with the process of getting your guy in the draft with the picks you have and develop them. Clark isn’t a generation type of player, he is just very good for the Seahawks at this point. I don’t like the idea.
  21. Sorry, no cigar today. But don't let that get in the way of being delusional about me being upset.
  22. I do not know, could be Simmons may play at 3 tech, but maybe he doesn't appear to be a prototypical B gap shooter. He plays great against the run, and can handle/penetrate double teams. The 3 tech alignment avoids double teams. His pass rush move is a bull rush, that needs work. I feel Ed Oliver is a lot closer to Aaron Donald the Jeffrey Simmons. A real NFL scout / paid consultant read in a podcast what I wrote in a higher above post, this was just like he was reporting to a GM setting up a draft board. What else can I say?
  23. Curious. Of all the playoff teams in the AFC where would you rank the following? Or at least who would you rank higher? Andrew Luck TY Hilton Eric Ebron Jack Doyle #2 TE Devin Funchess #2 we Marlon Mack Nyheim Hines. #2 rb rank starters vs starters and backups vs backups. Not saying your wrong. I’m just saying the offense is not as bad as most people believe. Some of of these guys and others on the roster will get better and will get coached up. We’re not use to player development due to the last regime. But this coaching staff is different. Add in Cain. Innman Rogers Johnson amd Pascal. We were one of the top offenses in the league last yr. only to get even better this yr
  24. you've brought drops up twice out of the blue in the last week or so. perhaps it's a subconscious problem you can't control. i'm sure it's not you just trolling again... sorry again. i don't mean to upset you.
  1. Load more activity