Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3Pm Pagano News Conference Thread

shakedownstreet

PWilson has posted a pic (http://twitter.com/pwilson24), yet ESPN and NFLN aren't shoiwng it yet.... so much for big news, huh? The Colts rank below Prince Fielder right now, and the AFC Pro Bowl practice. That's depressing....

ESPN is showing the Paterno Memorial, most teams press conferences don't get live air on ESPN unless it's a big post game conference, usually a game that aired on ESPN.

I wish Indiana had a better sports network. If they had something like CSN Chicago, I am sure we would get live coverage.

My favorite quote from the presser, in regards to the type of defence coach p will implement, : "We could easily be a 4-3 defense on first down, a 3-4 on second down, and... lord only knows on third and seven plus". If that doesnt get you excited about the future prospects of our defense, nothing will!

I will preface this with, overall I liked the press conference and he seems to have some definite ideas on things and he seems like a good guy, but when asked what type of offense he would run, his response was(after about a 10 second pause), "[y]ou don't want to know." Then after an awkward moment where he was the only one laughing he said, "[w]ell, I know you have to run the ball and stop the run." Then he followed that up with, although there are times when you have to throw the ball, too.

Hopefully, he will leave the offense to the OC.

Oh we hired a coach today? I thought the presser was for Jim Irsay to call Peyton Manning a politician...

No really I liked this hire before today. He won the presser and now I love it. I think this guy is going to be a really good head coach here. You can't take much away from a first presser other than leave a good first impression and I think he did it. To give you an idea I would say Grigson lost his first presser but I am getting the idea he's going to be more of a man behind the scenes type of guy and will only talk when he has to which after Polian seemed to be something people wanted.

This guy seems much more comfortable talking to the media. His lines about tweeting Rob Lowe and pulling for Eli were very funny and to me are signs he gets where he is.

The serious football notes I took from him is that you can tell the AFC Championship loss is killing him and I think he has a fire to get back there and win it this time. He also mentioned he didn't think that Freeney or Mathis would have an issue with becoming outside linebackers in a 3-4 which tells me two things one he wants them both back and two he wants to run a 3-4 here. I do think he's going to get in and study the team and figure what is the best way to go forward in terms of a type of defense he wants to run here.

Instantly reading too much into it.

You only bring Manning back if you're going after the Superbowl title(assuming he's healthy). Not when you're building a team for your new rookie QB, if common sense is equivalent to reading too much into something, I guess I am reading too much into it.

The Manning situation has not changed. His health is the only factor relevant to his return. If he plays, he plays for the Colts.

:lol: I once believed such a thing too.