Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie-" Trying To Forget"--and He gots a new helmet !!!

coltsuser21

Collie, back on the field for training camp at Anderson University, is trying hard to push such thoughts out of his own brain.

“The more I dwell on it, the more I think about it, the more you guys bring it up, the more it’ll stay there in my mind,” he said. “And that’s the last thing I want when I’m going over the middle again.”

So far, Collie has looked like his old self.

He told Sports Illustrated months ago that he won’t change the way he plays.

And he reportedly has been working with auto racing safety expert Bill Simpson to design a new football helmet.

The helmet Collie has been wearing at Anderson University appears to have more padding in the back, and its shape seems slightly different than a regulation helmet.

In any event, there’s no questioning what a healthy Collie means to the Colts offense.

Even through all of his injuries, he managed to catch 58 passes for 649 yards and eight touchdowns last season.

He said he feels good, but he’s still catching up to speed after an extra long offseason.

And he’s working hard toward that goal every practice.

“It’s been a little frustrating just because you don’t quite have the feel, yet,” he said. “But today was a little bit better, and I just look to improve on each day.”

This is the link to the article

austin_collie_face_shield.jpg----------------------------ELITE

Man i hope he can stay healthy! I'm in no way disrespecting Collie because anyone who took those hits would have been the same way.

Those passes may be the only time in my life that i've ever said anything bad about Manning, maybe Collie will just let them go this year. That kid was born to play his position

Collie is a man beast! Teams were head hunting him last year, because it was the only way to stop him. Hopefully he can learn to dish out some punishment himself and avoid those hits. I'm still appalled nothing was done about the gang tackle then the pursuing head shot that put him out for the season. It was one of the cheapest plays I've seen in a while. Sure it may have been legal by the book, but trust me, that guy knew what he was doing on that play. A whole team couldn't take him down, so a guy cheap shots him with the intent to injure, and does just that, and ends his season in the process. All the guy had to do was wrap him up. I thought it was against the rules when a player is engaged for a guy to take a shot like that?

Collie is a great kid, I'm excited to see him back on the field. Can't understand the "injury prone" label some people put on him, anyone would have been concussed on those hits. And as far as intent to injure , Collie would be the first to tell you it was not intentional, just a football play. Injuries happen on clean plays, just cause he got seriously hurt doesn't automatically make it "dirty".

Does anyone else find the irony of trying to forget a concussion to be downright hilarious?

I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it, that's hilarious!

I am a huge Collie fan, I'm really hoping he can stay healthy. He was blowing the rest of the league out of the water in terms of his receiver stats until he got hurt.