Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Colts Stay At 15 ?

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

I would love to get both Charles Harris and Jarrad Davis in the first 2 rounds. Awuzie won't be there in the 3rd though. If Ballard could swing a deal to trade down in the 1st, still get Harris, then swing back around and land Davis in the 2nd, and then draft Sidney Jones late 2/early 3 that would be quite the early haul for Ballard.

Sidney Jones is a better example than Awubie. I do think Tabor may fall to the 3rd due to his slow 40 time though with better options there. Someone like Ahkello Witherspoon could definitely be available at our pick in the 3rd as well. If Ballard can get creative, I think he could do something special for this defense in the upcoming days.

Bleacher Report is now reporting the 49er's(2), Titans(5), Jets(6), and Bills(10) have all made inquiries about trading down.  I know everyone is on board with the Colts trading down as well but I thought I read where it was reported CB was making inquiring about trading up.  With at least four teams above us willing to move back CB just might surprise us all and move up.  Maybe willing to trade picks from next years draft.  Probably unlikely but I am ready for anything.  I have a feeling we are going to be involved in multiple trades this year.  Hope so because I am very ready for the draft and what it could do for us. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bleacher Report is now reporting the 49er's(2), Titans(5), Jets(6), and Bills(10) have all made inquiries about trading down.  I know everyone is on board with the Colts trading down as well but I thought I read where it was reported CB was making inquiring about trading up.  With at least four teams above us willing to move back CB just might surprise us all and move up.  Maybe willing to trade picks from next years draft.  Probably unlikely but I am ready for anything.  I have a feeling we are going to be involved in multiple trades this year.  Hope so because I am very ready for the draft and what it could do for us. 

Usually don't trust Bleacher Report, but this is one area they are pretty accurate on. Heard other rumors about the Jets as well. The Bills would be the most logical choice for us, as the other three would cost too much to trade up with. I think something will be done to get 1 or 2 elite players for the defense. Just my gut.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Usually don't trust Bleacher Report, but this is one area they are pretty accurate on. Heard other rumors about the Jets as well. The Bills would be the most logical choice for us, as the other three would cost too much to trade up with. I think something will be done to get 1 or 2 elite players for the defense. Just my gut.

If teams aren't willing to trade up then that drives the price down hopefully. But who would we target?

59 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would love to get both Charles Harris and Jarrad Davis in the first 2 rounds. Awuzie won't be there in the 3rd though. If Ballard could swing a deal to trade down in the 1st, still get Harris, then swing back around and land Davis in the 2nd, and then draft Sidney Jones late 2/early 3 that would be quite the early haul for Ballard.

This is what I was thinking. Trade down and get Harris, and get to the top of the 2nd/bottom first for Davis. Maybe you trade our 2nd a a future 3rd to the Browns for their 2nd. Or the Saints just lost Cooks. Give them Dorsett and our 2nd for the 32nd pick.

Maybe Witherspoon in the 3rd.

3 hours ago, rock8591 said:

IMO we should entertain a thought of trading #15 to the Saints for 32, 76, 103, 196.

On paper, it looks like a steal for them but in a draft this deep, it's worth doing.

Id rather get the 32nd and 2nd round picks from NO and then swap spots in the 3rd. It evens out point wise. 

I'd love this draft if we trade #15 to the Saints for 32, 76, 103, 196. It's a -10% plus difference, favors N.O. I guess we'll know how realistic my mock wizard is in a few days. (NOT FirstPick.com, haha)

Round 1 - pick 32 - Chidobe Awuzie (CB)

Round 2 - pick 46 - Tyus Bowser (OLB)

Round 3 - pick 76 - Raekwon McMillen (ILB)

Round 3 - pick 80 - Jake Butt (TE)

Round 3 - pick 103 - Marlon Mack (RB)

Round 4 - pick 121 - Avery Moss (OLB)

Round 4 - pick 137 - Tedric Thompson (S)

Round 4 - pick 144 - Chad Wheeler (OT)

Round 5 - pick 158 - Erik Magnuson (OT)

Round 6 - pick 196 - Chad Kelly (QB)