Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we draft a RB

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Getting a RB that even touches the talent level after the draft makes no sense. Using the first 4 picks on defense makes no sense either.

I'm sorry,  but why does that make no sense?

If our top offensive need is running back,  and you can get a good running back in the 4th round,  then why can't we use our first four picks on defense?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If our top offensive need is running back,  and you can get a good running back in the 4th round,  then why can't we use our first four picks on defense?

If Ballard is going to pick BPA then I highly doubt it will be four defensive players in a row. IMO he will not ignore an offensive player if he thinks he will contribute to wins.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know if he realizes we have 3 4th round picks lol. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Ballard is going to pick BPA then I highly doubt it will be four defensive players in a row. IMO he will not ignore an offensive player if he thinks he will contribute to wins.

I expect an offensive lineman or RB in the first 4 rounds. 

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The difference is that they get paid to come up with ignorant mock drafts.  We do them for free.

True lol. Sometimes I can't believe what they get paid for. I read them and try not to complain but the media bias, just like the democratic political bias is insane. 

On NFL network last night they were talking about how the RB position maybe making a come back because the lack of talent at the QB position. Basically they were saying the elite QB's are the same as they've been forever and teams are more willing to look to a strong running back to try and offset the lack of great QB play.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Old stale joke.

Lol thats kinda all I was doing. Both that comment and my RB comment were tongue in cheek.

But that being said, on a serious note, I think just because a guy was deserving of getting a GM job doesnt mean he is fit for the job. Thats not true only because he might take an RB at 15, but it could prove true if he falls into some of the pitfalls Grigson did. We will see of course, and Im hopeful, but please, for all that is sacred, dont take a RB at 15, at least trade down first.