Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Milwaukee Friday..

..then Miami, the Knicks and Charlotte     .....winning streak?

Possibly. I like the way we have played since the Houston game - that was our best win of the year. We should've beat the Spurs as well and we had big wins in Atlanta and tonight over a Detroit team battling for Playoff position.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP Candidate James Harden has shattered another NBA record.  Most turnovers ever in an NBA season.  He's at 376 with roughly 20 games still remaining.  He is on pace to shatter his old record from last year of 374 haha He's a very good all around offensive player but plays no defense and flops to much in my opinion.  I understand he's in the MVP race but I think the MVP should go to Westbrook if he keeps his team in the playoffs.  He's averaging a triple double and has less help.

2zrow77.png

Yeah Bucks cleaned our clock! They have our number for some reason. In other news, this makes the NBA look really bad - the Saturday night game featured on ABC Warriors at Spurs, Steve Kerr just said he's resting Curry, Thompson, and Green :lol:. I guess so much for that match up. The NBA hyped that up all week. Cavs have even lost 3 in a row on top of it, the NBA product today just isn't like it was in the 80's and 90's. I think it's funny the Warriors are resting everyone, I guess Pop and the San Antonio fans get a taste of their own medicine paying for that ticket haha. Spurs do this all the time. Baseball cant get here quick enough. If I had bought tickets to that game I would definitely demand my money back. What a joke.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Bucks cleaned our clock! They have our number for some reason. In other news, this makes the NBA look really bad - the Saturday night game featured on ABC Warriors at Spurs, Steve Kerr just said he's resting Curry, Thompson, and Green :lol:. I guess so much for that match up. The NBA hyped that up all week. Cavs have even lost 3 in a row on top of it, the NBA product today just isn't like it was in the 80's and 90's. I think it's funny the Warriors are resting everyone, I guess Pop and the San Antonio fans get a taste of their own medicine paying for that ticket haha. Spurs do this all the time. Baseball cant get here quick enough. If I had bought tickets to that game I would definitely demand my money back. What a joke.

Agreed.  I understand wanting to rest your players and keep them fresh, but that didn't seem to be a thing in the 80s, 90s and 2000s.  Back then, players played for the passion of the game.  They're too soft today, if you ask me.  Flopping, resting, fouls for every little thing, I don't like it

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Agreed.  I understand wanting to rest your players and keep them fresh, but that didn't seem to be a thing in the 80s, 90s and 2000s.  Back then, players played for the passion of the game.  They're too soft today, if you ask me.  Flopping, resting, fouls for every little thing, I don't like it

Yeah the 80's to me was the best decade, after the 1984 Draft happened there were so many great Basketball players in the league like Jordan, Olajuwon, Barkley, Stockton, and you already had Magic/Kareem, and Bird and Isiah who had been in the league for years. The teams back then were complete powerhouses too like the Lakers/Celtics/Sixers/Pistons, then you had the Bulls become that in the early 90's with Jordan and Pippen.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

MVP Candidate James Harden has shattered another NBA record.  Most turnovers ever in an NBA season.  He's at 376 with roughly 20 games still remaining.  He is on pace to shatter his old record from last year of 374 haha He's a very good all around offensive player but plays no defense and flops to much in my opinion.  I understand he's in the MVP race but I think the MVP should go to Westbrook if he keeps his team in the playoffs.  He's averaging a triple double and has less help.

2zrow77.png

He is the king of the flop. He just throws his body into people and gets the call. Never seen anything like him. He got calls when he played in OKC before he was a huge name even.

8 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

In keeping with your thought here.

Saturday's Spurs-Golden State showdown...a total washout

Should be sponsored by Subway....because all that's on the floor are 'subs'

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Easy to say now

...........we led by 10 most of the first half..and they don't beat much of anybody else..

...bad loss

I haven't watched the fame so I can't say anything. All I know is they killed ua with their athleticism in the first 3 games offensively and defensively.

Nice. We NEEDED this win against a team without Dragic on a back to back on the road. Playoff race is very close and we can very well be on the outside looking in.

Only good thing is that teams like the Heat, Pistons, and Bucks have difficult schedules coming and we have winnable games. Just need to execute.

Gigantic win! Miami has been playing unbelievable Basketball for 2 months. Man we needed this with the way the standings are. We now go to 34-32, Pistons are 33-33, Bucks 32-33, and Miami is at least now 4 games under at 31-35. That was a physical game, that stuff by Myles at the end was awesome! PG had a solid game as well.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Nice. We NEEDED this win against a team without Dragic on a back to back on the road. Playoff race is very close and we can very well be on the outside looking in.

Only good thing is that teams like the Heat, Pistons, and Bucks have difficult schedules coming and we have winnable games. Just need to execute.

I hear you. Good to play the Knicks next....But we have to do it...they have quit....just go in and  step on them

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gigantic win! Miami has been playing unbelievable Basketball for 2 months. Man we needed this with the way the standings are. We now go to 34-32, Pistons are 33-33, Bucks 32-33, and Miami is at least now 4 games under at 31-35. That was a physical game, that stuff by Myles at the end was awesome! PG had a solid game as well.

I thought Miami got away with a lot of fouls but on our home court..its hard to complain about calls

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought Miami got away with a lot of fouls but on our home court..its hard to complain about calls

I thought so too, Myles actually got clobbered by Whiteside before that last dunk and PG got fouled a couple of times and they didn't call it. Glad we won this one. I get Dragic didn't play but they had other guys drilling 3's like it was going out of style like Ellington. Ellington's production made up for Dragic being out. This was huge regarding the standings.

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This must be a makeup game for last night's preseason game debacle - Warriors/Spurs. ESPN is showing Cavs at Rockets late on a Sunday night! and everyone is playing :rock: I will actually watch this as nothing else is on anyway. This game should be entertaining. LeBron and Irving vs Harden and his 3 point bombers. Rockets picking up Lou Williams makes them dangerous IMO.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:33 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

2zrow77.png

Amazing the turnover king is even in the MVP discussion.   You have to look at negative stats too!