Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess Gore/AJ 2015 Stats?

SteelDragon

in the past 3 seasons those two players combined have missed a grand total of one game

Not talking about injuries.. i was talking about his realistic stats.. people thinking gore is gonna run 1000+ yards behind this line are crazy.. not to mention the way coaches like to use the two back system

Gore: 143 carries for 558 yds 5 td's

AJ: 65 catches for 710 yards 9 td's

Both players will miss some time with minor injuries and age.

Gore will share carries with a rookie rb while Luck will look for AJ BUT also has plenty of other weapons.

Given our track record, expecting them both to play a full 16 games is fool hardy. Gore down with an 

ACL after game 10. AJ with a torn tricep after game 12. Didn't we come very close to leading the league with IR games lost for the last 10 years running? It's the Indianapolis water supply.

You have the best most realistic answer here

How is that a good, let alone "best" answer?  He's basically predicting Gore will be a total flop and waste.  You don't spend the kind of money spent on Gore for a 143 carry back.  

Gore will, in my estimate, get close to 250 carries.  That's not just because he has done that practically every year of his career, but it's because why he gets that many carries.  He's an every down back.  He's got the speed, power, hands and blocking ability to be in there every down, which makes him invaluable to an offense. You don't signal plays by rotating other players in for "passing downs" for example.  You'll only rotate guys in when he needs a rest, or to keep him fresh for playoffs.

I only see Gore not getting 250 carries if he is injured.  Always a possibility, but so far he has been very durable.  He's an offseason workout warrior.  He keeps himself in good shape for the season. 

Gore: 143 carries for 558 yds 5 td's

AJ: 65 catches for 710 yards 9 td's

Both players will miss some time with minor injuries and age.

Gore will share carries with a rookie rb while Luck will look for AJ BUT also has plenty of other weapons.

You think Gore is going to average LESS than 10 carries a game?

No I don't see Gore being a flop, he's a solid back. But I see maybe missing a couple games from injuries and a couple games we won't run much because of gameplan or falling behind early.

So I think that about a dozen games or so he will be utilized and share carries with one of those talented rb`s in the draft.

He's NOT 25 years old anymore nor do we have a dominating run blocking OL like in SF.

We are a passing team, that's what we do Best and Most.

I'm a little hesitant to think Gore runs for 1000 behind this O-Line. I REALLY hope that I'm wrong about this, but I'll say Gore goes for 750yds, 6 TDs.

Johnson: 70 catches, 875yds, 8 TDs

I hope pep does not try the power run thing with gore behind this o-line, gore 600 yds, aj 1000 yds, we tried the power runner thing last year, why did we sign another?