Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curtis Lofton and Greg Hardy?

Saints are reportedly shopping Curtis Lofton around in an attempt to get out of there cap space hell. A solid ILB only 28 years old never missed a game in his career and played heavy snaps last year. Only worry would be his contract but would you guys be open to a trade for him? It immediately fills a need and frees us up from considering an ILB in the early rounds.

As for Hardy assuming the panthers release him, based on how long his suspension is, would you guys want to sign him to 1 year deal? if he keeps out of trouble and performs well as an OLB he could be a beast pass rusher for us and also fills and immediate need. 

We already have an ILB like Lofton in DQ. Lofton would be a horrible addition IMO. We need a playmaking ILB to pair with DQ, not another thumper. Now I'll take Hardy all day though. I think Hardy would do well standing up.

Got to agree with you on both counts.  But getting a player like Hardy makes me queasy with his off the field troubles.

Saints are reportedly shopping Curtis Lofton around in an attempt to get out of there cap space hell. A solid ILB only 28 years old never missed a game in his career and played heavy snaps last year. Only worry would be his contract but would you guys be open to a trade for him? It immediately fills a need and frees us up from considering an ILB in the early rounds.

As for Hardy assuming the panthers release him, based on how long his suspension is, would you guys want to sign him to 1 year deal? if he keeps out of trouble and performs well as an OLB he could be a beast pass rusher for us and also fills and immediate need. 

good call. Lofton misses a lot of tackles and is bad in coverage.  DQ. We do play a lot of 4 man fronts, but i doubt Hardy would want to play here as a role player.

I'm under the impression Hardy is gonna get a 6 game suspension . I would pass 

I don't see how. He wasn't convicted. He didn't even go to trial, the charges were just dropped. I don't see how, under any circumstances he could get suspended.

I want nothing to do with Greg Hardy

Can you elaborate as to why? he would immediately help our defense, as an OLB in a 3-4 and as a DE in a 4-3, i dont think he is expecting a big pay day if we can land him on a 1 year deal i would take him even if he is suspended 2-4 games

Can you elaborate as to why? he would immediately help our defense, as an OLB in a 3-4 and as a DE in a 4-3, i dont think he is expecting a big pay day if we can land him on a 1 year deal i would take him even if he is suspended 2-4 games

Dudes got attitude issues I think and that has nothing to do with his off field problems

I don't see how. He wasn't convicted. He didn't even go to trial, the charges were just dropped. I don't see how, under any circumstances he could get suspended.

Charges were dismissed against Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy, a North Carolina prosecutor announced Monday, after Hardy’s accuser did not appear in court to testify.

The charges — assault on a female and communicating threats — were dismissed after Hardy’s accuser — Nicole Holder — reached a civil settlement with Hardy, according to a press release from Mecklenburg County District Attorney Andrew Murray.

The 6-4, 275-pound Hardy was found guilty of the charges last July by a district court judge, but he appealed his conviction in Superior Court, which is allowed under North Carolina law. Hardy, 26, played in only one game this past season

Found guilty last july weighted the consequences & paid off the victim so it was a no show for the appeal  .

He has other issues that I found not yet mentioned in my opinion the guy should never be a Colt ..