Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The AFC South sucks.

beavis

The AFC South doesn't suck.

The Jags, Titans and Texans suck.

Colts rule.

Your point is a valid one SL12. I won't slam any of our division foes, but I don't like it when our forum members get upset that INDY handles it's business & other rivals, with the exception of Houston, can't win AFC South division crowns consistently. 

I do wish wish we could dump the Jags & bring back NE into our division. My reasoning is simple. If the Patriots are our biggest post season threat, the more we play them the better we get at exposing their weaknesses over time. Familiarity aids in success normally. 

Colts got extremely lucky they had Curtis Painter.  My MVP that year.

Curtis Painter MVP...Now that was funny! I know what you meant in terms of interception incompetence which was instrumental in drafting Andrew Luck, but it still feels bizarre putting those 2 words in the same sentence. 

Okay, technically 3 words...

Your point is a valid one SL12. I won't slam any of our division foes, but I don't like it when our forum members get upset that INDY handles it's business & other rivals, with the exception of Houston, can't win AFC South division crowns consistently. 

I do wish wish we could dump the Jags & bring back NE into our division. My reasoning is simple. If the Patriots are our biggest post season threat, the more we play them the better we get at exposing their weaknesses over time. Familiarity aids in success normally. 

heh- that rivalry was bad enough with those 2-14 teams. Now you want to see them in same div these days. blood bath.

vetoed.

vetoed.

You got promoted to US President JJ? Nice. Can I get a free plane ride on Air Force One, a tour of the White House, & hang out with the FBI's counterfeit money unit for a few days?

It's called "research" or an aggressive retirement plan.   :P  I kid; I kid. 

You got promoted to US President JJ? Nice. Can I get a free plane ride on Air Force One, a tour of the White House, & hang out with the FBI's counterfeit money unit for a few days?

It's called "research" or an aggressive retirement plan.   :P  I kid; I kid. 

Actually it was a coup. I'm afraid the counterfeit unit is off limits for special ops but we are working on an early SS retirement. ;)

And also,

Tom Brady can't play forever.

Is being in consistently one of the worse divisions in the league hurting the Colts?  The rest of the division isn't challenging enough so we don't have to rise up and find our full potential.  They are not exploiting our weaknesses so we don't know what needs fixed.  Everyone thought our run D had improved until the Pats came to town and showed us it was still weak.  I realize there are 16 games a season but that's 6 games a year that we only have to play a little bit above average to win.  Just look at the Jacksonville game.  

I may be wrong but its something to think about.

I object to it being consistently one of the worst divisions. In Luck's rookie year Houston won and we got in the playoff's as a wild card. This year the NFC South is the worst. So in three years we went from 1 of the best conferences in the AFC to not even being close to the worst in the NFL (Houston would lead in the NFC South). The consistent things are Jacksonville and Tennessee not being good.

I remember one year the Jags went 12-4 and did not win the South, but rolled Pittsburgh in the playoffs, David Garard's finest hour. I also vaguely maybe remember 3 AFC south teams making the playoffs in the same season some where in the 2000's?  In other news, how many seasons did the Pats have any good teams in the AFCE? Did their fans cry when the Fish went 1-15, or did the Bills perpetual suckage cause our eastern friends any consternation? I think not!

That's not really the point. Being the least bad team in your division shouldn't earn you a home playoff game, especially when there's another team that's won a lot more games than you have.

Also, this 3 points for the home team thing is specific to gambling, and has nothing to do with actual football.

Just being sarcastic. I was referencing that ridiculous conversation where a couple knuckleheads were arguing that home field advantage means only 3 points.

I remember one year the Jags went 12-4 and did not win the South, but rolled Pittsburgh in the playoffs, David Garard's finest hour. I also vaguely maybe remember 3 AFC south teams making the playoffs in the same season some where in the 2000's? In other news, how many seasons did the Pats have any good teams in the AFCE? Did their fans cry when the Fish went 1-15, or did the Bills perpetual suckage cause our eastern friends any consternation? I think not!

I agree. Right now it's pretty bad, but the Titans and Texans put up good teams a few times and the Jags were pretty good in MJD'S hayday.

Why aren't we picking on the NFC South?

A 2 win team is only 2 games out with 6 to play in that division (Bucs).

We aren't in the worst division.

Just being sarcastic. I was referencing that ridiculous conversation where a couple knuckleheads were arguing that home field advantage means only 3 points.

See, I thought you were part of that conversation, so I was confused... Glad we agree. I'll turn up my sarcasm detector a little bit.