Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The return of Donald Brown

oldunclemark

he ran it 31 times for 62 yards. Not a real great game

The Chargers best rushing performance came in week 1......Ryan Matthews....12 rush for 40 yards, Not sure what the problem could be because I have not watched any of there games but nobody has been able to run this season on that team

So if you're a RB and you don't fumble, and your team wins, you had a good game? That would mean Richardson had like 8 good games last season...

pzv5j7l.jpg

For arguments sake, that's about 1/2 of the criteria for a good game from a RB standpoint.

Don't Fumble

Get 100 Yards

Get a Touchdown

Win Game

For arguments sake, that's about 1/2 of the criteria for a good game from a RB standpoint.

Don't Fumble

Get 100 Yards

Get a Touchdown

Win Game

You can get a 100 yards and have a bad game, you can fall short and still have a good game (is 95 yards on 12 carries better or worse than 105 yards on 25 carries?) You can get a TD on a goal line carry, and do nothing else (like Richardson on virtually all of his TDs last season). Your team can win with you doing nothing to contribute. I hate fumbles, but you can even fumble and still have a good game. 

Long story short, Donald Brown didn't have a good game.

You can get a 100 yards and have a bad game, you can fall short and still have a good game (is 95 yards on 12 carries better or worse than 105 yards on 25 carries?) You can get a TD on a goal line carry, and do nothing else (like Richardson on virtually all of his TDs last season). Your team can win with you doing nothing to contribute. I hate fumbles, but you can even fumble and still have a good game. 

Long story short, Donald Brown didn't have a good game.

I'm sorry, my post was more in jest. 

Depends. 105 yards on 25 carries is great, if you're looking to eat up the clock and control the game. (3.8ypc and up is considered good in my book) If Richardson was turning in 100 yard games on 25-30 carries I'd be ok with that. 

I'm sorry, my post was more in jest. 

Depends. 105 yards on 25 carries is great, if you're looking to eat up the clock and control the game. (3.8ypc and up is considered good in my book) If Richardson was turning in 100 yard games on 25-30 carries I'd be ok with that. 

I didn't quite pick up the jest, but that's cool.

I'm not knocking 105 yards on 25 carries, but I'd rather have 95 yards on 12 carries. Even though it's not 100.

I didn't quite pick up the jest, but that's cool.

I'm not knocking 105 yards on 25 carries, but I'd rather have 95 yards on 12 carries. Even though it's not 100.

I'm not disagreeing with you. One is more effective running, however there are situations where 105 on 25 would be better than 95 on 12. Neither is really a bad day running though.

Of course you are lol. Because reality is a much harsher environment.

Reality is we lost about 1/2 of our offense between Mathews and Woodhead so coming away with a win, on the road early east coast game against a previously undefeated team is a good thing.  

Not happy with 2 yards per carry, but our offense was playing conservative, time-eating ball and trusting the D.  As a fan, I'm not a fan of that approach, I want to see our O be explosive - but getting the win?  That's all that matters.

Now Tom Telesco has to go and get us some help, our rookies show some promise but aren't ready to take on the load.  

Reality is we lost about 1/2 of our offense between Mathews and Woodhead so coming away with a win, on the road early east coast game against a previously undefeated team is a good thing.

Not happy with 2 yards per carry, but our offense was playing conservative, time-eating ball and trusting the D. As a fan, I'm not a fan of that approach, I want to see our O be explosive - but getting the win? That's all that matters.

Now Tom Telesco has to go and get us some help, our rookies show some promise but aren't ready to take on the load.

As a team it was a good game, but Donald didn't have a good game. It's not a big deal. Everyone has a bad game. But OP is acting like Brown didn't struggle, and he did.