Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

same old tune

jbaron04

I have no doubt that Reggie was worth every penny, that was never an issue with me. But, I have seen so many franchise QBs ruined when they are thrown into the fray with no oline to protect them. The list is endless. Is Andrew bigger, stronger and tougher than they were, well, sure he is but he isn't made of iron and even Big Ben gets hurt. I think what Grigson chose to put around him was damned near criminal.

I believe Grigson was forced to pay Freeney that Ridiculous $14M which left Grigson screwed. I am sure Irsay kept his word doing that so....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Redding is V Solid, he has had to play to much in the past because of pathetic backups and poor players beside him,  so you are just Wrong on that one.

Jones dominated the play in front of him and it showed in our run D. Wrong again.

And Cherilus is a pretty good run blocker and a very mediocre pass blocker so you got that one backwards too.

Fair to say they stunk it up choosing Samson & McGlynn. Freeney got his $14M instead of better players. I`m sure because Irsay kept his word. UGH!

Mewhort has a low ceiling IMO so another wonk.

3 years from now we need Holmes, Thornton, and maybe Nixon to be our studs and maybe mediocre Castonzo and .... it is just the way it goes.

But that it will take 3-4 years to develop our draft picks for our systems to build a long term program is the way it has to happen. You people just need to get it.

One point I don't understand is how have you concluded that Mewhort's ceiling is low in such a short time?

weak LB`s and Moala, Franklin, and Mathews were terrible against the run. Antoine did support the run very well.

I agree, especially with the weak LB's part.  the colt/Balt defense typically uses 2 different types of ILB's in their base front, a roamer (the Ray Lewis) and a thumper (the other guy haha).  Last year we didn't have anyone for that thumper role, and D'Qwell Jackson is another roamer type.  I think that's why they drafted Andrew Jackson and started playing Studebaker at ILB to see how he could do well.  I watched Studebaker very closely during preseason and he was playing that thumper role very well, blitzing a lot and attacking free blockers to keep the roamer (usually Muamba when Studebaker was playing) clean.  

shepperd was even playing the thumper role relavitely well, but he was higher priced and limited in other facets of playing ILB, so I'm sure they essentially felt that Studebaker could play that role in the time being until Andrew Jackson gets up to speed.  I actually wouldn't mind taking a look at Shayne Skov or Max Bullough, both of whom were just released, who might also be able to fill that role and one or both might be more athletic and have a higher upside than Studebaker, plus they're 4 and 6 years younger respectively.  though Studebaker is already familiar with the defense and has some chemistry with the players, so Skov or Bullough would likely go to the PS with Jackson and we probably don't need 2 of that type of LB on the PS.  I do like both of them though.

I believe Grigson was forced to pay Freeney that Ridiculous $14M which left Grigson screwed. I am sure Irsay kept his word doing that so....

Wait... What? You mean the Colts don't have unlimited funds and irresistible appeal such that they can't go out and get every coveted FA every year?

Are you somehow suggesting they might have to operate under some kind of financial limits? Are you suggesting that FAs might sometimes choose other teams over the Colts?

That's just crazy talk. Certainly our beloved Colts can spend whatever they want to get whoever they want. And certainly everyone would want to play here in Indy UBER ALLES!!!

No being graded within the top ten kinda defines you as not average... Think about it.

You see Arsenal in the Champions League play in really ridiculous red card had to go the last 15 with 10 but finished it. I am not sure Sanchez is ready to play up top by himself in the Premiere League.

Sorry to stalk you for soccer it's hard to find knowledgeable people. Have you caught an Arsenal match this season? Thoughts on Sanchez I know it is early. Then Stoke took down City today loved that.

Last year most of the run defense problems were due to the lbs and safeties, not the dl. add to that the upgrades of Jones over rjf and Chapman over franklin and I believe our dline will be one of the better 34 dline in the league.

i hope you are right, i would love to see the day the colts have a top 10 def. if i take your logic we should be much improved. some of the guys as u said certainly are upgrades like jackson and jones, ill give you that their not world beaters but are upgrades 

You see Arsenal in the Champions League play in really ridiculous red card had to go the last 15 with 10 but finished it. I am not sure Sanchez is ready to play up top by himself in the Premiere League.

Sorry to stalk you for soccer it's hard to find knowledgeable people. Have you caught an Arsenal match this season? Thoughts on Sanchez I know it is early. Then Stoke took down City today loved that.

Ah maybe we should start a topic on the O/T board for the season? 

It was a silly red card but there you go, he was silly to do it when he was on a yellow. 

Sanchez isn't an out and out striker in my mind, certainly never going to play up front by himself. Giroud is a big miss now, they really don't have anyone to play the traditional 9 role. Although Sanchez was a coup.. they've got a lot of similar players now in the likes of him, Podolski, Carzola, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey and even Ozil. Players who will contribute from Midfield or out wide and no doubt score a few but not be a 20 goal plus striker. The closest would be Podolski but he's traditionally played his best wide in a front 3.  

Ah maybe we should start a topic on the O/T board for the season? 

It was a silly red card but there you go, he was silly to do it when he was on a yellow. 

Sanchez isn't an out and out striker in my mind, certainly never going to play up front by himself. Giroud is a big miss now, they really don't have anyone to play the traditional 9 role. Although Sanchez was a coup.. they've got a lot of similar players now in the likes of him, Podolski, Carzola, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey and even Ozil. Players who will contribute from Midfield or out wide and no doubt score a few but not be a 20 goal plus striker. The closest would be Podolski but he's traditionally played his best wide in a front 3.  

Yeah I will start one disappointing draw today really come on. That team just moved up we needed that. This finishing 4th and always getting behind the 8 ball from juggling the Champs League play in is a killer every year we drop these types of games early.... and late.

We have never been able to replace RVP can't tell you the joy I get watching United slide.   Giroud yeah seems like Arsenal are the Colts of the EPL at least one every year.

It is early but Chelsea is about to check out they are playing well.