Photo

Houston at New England - 4:40 p.m. EST Jan. 13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#41 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13674 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Definitely a stunner

th_kolber.jpg

Would make her my wife/10

Suzie Culver has her own charm. But, for me, it's the classic line "We can still be friends." She has a ton of sports knowledge, is very funny, but to me she's like my little sister. I'll stand up for you at the wedding though krunk.  :thmup:

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13674 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Carrie Milbank started in hockey. Is that a Stanley Cup in your pocket or are you just glad to see me...report the news in sports.  haha Just Kidding!!!

Carrie_Milbank_Winter_Classic-3_original

carrie_milbank_3.jpg

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#43 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13674 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Melissa Stark is a talented journalist too & not a bad place to daydream for a few seconds either...What?...Sorry, I'm back now...She even looks nice with headphones on...Cute dimples...

7972148456_6d4902ce42_z.jpg

melissa-stark.jpg

#44 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13674 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Jaime Maggio is my final selection for tonight...I've seen her do some update work on NFL Network...Very Nice IMHO!!! Put her on the air more & TV ratings will skyrocket. I know what I talkin' about here. Trust me. NFL Network are you listening? 

NFL-Networks-Jaime-Maggio-3.jpg

33724861E.jpg

#45 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13674 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Just to broaden the female anchor sports base a bit...Carrie Champion on ESPN's "First Take" is a good reporter as well IMO...How did Skip Bayless & Steven A. Smith get so lucky anyway? 

She used to cover the Tennis Channel...Nice serve landing her ESPN! Kudos!  :thmup:

cari-champion.jpg

CariChampion.JPG?a=5

#46 Vance

Vance
  • 2628 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

I love how a Houston/NE pre-game thread turned into a bodacious announcer babes oogling thread. 

Cool with me. :P

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#47 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2579 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

While I won't be as disrespectful as this guy http://www.nfl.com/n...ans-and-frauds. I don't think the Texans will win. I'm going to root for them because I live in Houston(althought I'm a Colt fan)but Houston has lost major touch with their offense. They used to be explosive, but they seemed to have lost it. Not good when you're facing Brady and Bellichick in New England. 49ers vs. New England regular season game taught me that scoring 35 on New England may in fact not be enough. They can still come back and beat you, or almost beat you. So when you're barely scoring 14 points, and the defense is not smothering it will be a very tough task for the Texans I think.

Please do not listen to the sensationalist hack known as Dan Shaughnessy. He's been a writer and sports media guy in NE for a long, long time but at this point he is grasping at any hint of relevancy. He mostly covers the Red Sox, hence he has completely lost his mind after two or three decades of it.

And BTW, this is him:

Shaughnessy184.jpg

See? Nothing to get upset about, LOL... his brain has absorbed too many chemicals from his perm-a-perm.

#48 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4448 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

It does not take the mind of a genius to strongly favour the Patriots, but they scraped by the Ravens last year, who were not really (if at all) any better that the Texans are right now. If JJ has a monster game, and Schaub - Johnson gell, it could be closer than many think.

Personally, I hope they both lose......

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#49 Flying Elvis

Flying Elvis
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

The Texans come to play this time and Matt Schaub has never lost a playoff game.

Patriots 21 Texans 20

#50 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13674 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Vince Wilfork is going to neutral Foster, with no running game Schaub is going to have to throw to win, & I don't see NE losing this game..Congratulations Houston, you had a very good year.

Not a close game at all...Sorry QuizBoy & Vance87...It hurts like Hades...Believe me, I know...

#51 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2579 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

It does not take the mind of a genius to strongly favour the Patriots, but they scraped by the Ravens last year, who were not really (if at all) any better that the Texans are right now. If JJ has a monster game, and Schaub - Johnson gell, it could be closer than many think.

Personally, I hope they both lose......

Fair points, but the 2012 Patriots > the 2011 Patriots. More diversified offense (top 10 running/passing, more balanced), and the defense is light years ahead of where they were at this time last year.

I'd also opine that the 2011 Ravens didn't have the offensive firepower that the Texans have, but they were better on defense.

All that said, whatever happened last year will have zero impact on this weekend.

#52 dynasty13

dynasty13
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Fair points, but the 2012 Patriots > the 2011 Patriots. More diversified offense (top 10 running/passing, more balanced), and the defense is light years ahead of where they were at this time last year.

I'd also opine that the 2011 Ravens didn't have the offensive firepower that the Texans have, but they were better on defense.

All that said, whatever happened last year will have zero impact on this weekend.

Is weird to say that I'm more worried about this game against the Texans than I am about a potential matchup with Denver next weekend?

"Tonight, a dynasty is born, baby" - Rams receiver Ricky Proehl, February 3, 2002

g0ew.jpg

#53 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Not bad  SG, although blondes don't fascinate like redheads do...Michelle Biessner isn't too shabby either on NFL Network...

MichelleBeisner2_display_image.jpg?13107

Michelle is very distracting....and they always show the ladies legs.....

...They know their target audience and they prime the pump..so to speak

#54 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Definitely a stunner

th_kolber.jpg

Would make her my wife/10

Suzy has that smile....that would be hard to say no to...

They put the ladie son..and aftre they've been there for a few years..and yoi get hooke donthem..

..if they l;eave...you'd miss them a lot more than Shannon Sharpe...

#55 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Just to broaden the female anchor sports base a bit...Carrie Champion on ESPN's "First Take" is a good reporter as well IMO...How did Skip Bayless & Steven A. Smith get so lucky anyway? 

She used to cover the Tennis Channel...Nice serve landing her ESPN! Kudos!  :thmup:

cari-champion.jpg

CariChampion.JPG?a=5

cari-champion.jpg

CariChampion.JPG?a=5
I'm

cari-champion.jpg

CariChampion.JPG?a=5

I'm not sure Carrie is their for her sports knowledge....but its hard to find fault

#56 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

There is a must-see girl on the Golf Channel named Holly Sonders...

.....since the upgrades...I cant get a photo in a reply box anymore but she's co-hosts the morning show...

check Holly Sonders - Golf Channell.....worth a peek

#57 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

There is a must-see girl on the Golf Channel named Holly Sonders...

.....since the upgrades...I cant get a photo in a reply box anymore but she's co-hosts the morning show...

check Holly Sonders - Golf Channell.....worth a peek

is this her mark?

HollySonders_8x10.jpg

Peyton Manning - 12 playoff losses - most in NFL history

#58 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

is this her mark?

HollySonders_8x10.jpg

That's her...snow....

There are times when the station pro stands behind her and gives her golf tips..and I have to turn to back the the NFL network...

...I think she's a former Division I college golfer.....but if you see a full length shot of her..you'll see her as 'Divsion I' in a couple of other ways

#59 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4448 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

See sorta looks like Curtis Painter in a dress......no?

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#60 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

not quite...BHC

#61 Vance

Vance
  • 2628 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

See sorta looks like Curtis Painter in a dress......no?

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

#62 JPPT1974

JPPT1974
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Houston will probably show up. They may lose but they won't be blown out like they were last time. As they want to be ready for it and prepare. But still, New England will win the game! Very tough place to beat in Foxboro!

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

#63 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7944 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Houston will probably show up. They may lose but they won't be blown out like they were last time. As they want to be ready for it and prepare. But still, New England will win the game! Very tough place to beat in Foxboro!

Too true. This concerns me, but hey, upsets happen! A Patriot @ Bronco AFC Championship is just too cliche for this wild season haha.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

#64 Jules

Jules
  • 7568 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Pats at Broncos is inevitable. The league wants it and the fans want it. Stone cold lock. Destiny.

They will have Brady and Manning both enter the stadium for the AFC title game on horses. They will shake hands at the center of the field while on horses and then go get their teams ready for the game as "I will always love you" is sung by the ESPN crew, live with a slide show on the big screens with highlights of the careers of Manning and Brady. The crowd will tear up.

As Brady and Manning take the field for the coin toss, Colts and Bengals players (who lost last weekend so they are available) will throw rose petals at the feet of Manning/Brady.

The winner will come down to whoever the angels in heaven prefer on that day. So, it is a tough call.

#65 Vance

Vance
  • 2628 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Pats at Broncos is inevitable. The league wants it and the fans want it. Stone cold lock. Destiny.

That's what I'm afraid of.

"After further review, JJ Watt shot Tommy a nasty look, first and goal Patriots."

and

"Personal Foul, sacking the quarterback, number 52. Touchdown Broncos."

:panic:

#66 Jules

Jules
  • 7568 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

That's what I'm afraid of.

"After further review, JJ Watt shot Tommy a nasty look, first and goal Patriots."

and

"Personal Foul, sacking the quarterback, number 52. Touchdown Broncos."

:panic:
I think the league wanted it in 2007 too and wanted Brees/Rodgers to go at it last year so you have hope.

I hope the officials just let everyone play this weekend no matter what the game.

#67 Vance

Vance
  • 2628 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

I think you meant the Patriots not the Broncos?

And yes the league wants it. But, I think the league wanted it in 2007 too and wanted Brees/Rodgers to go at it last year so you have hope.

I hope the officials just let everyone play this weekend no matter what the game.

I was making an example of the league wanting Forehead v. Lady with one from each upcoming game.

IT'S NOT FUNNY IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT JULES!! :sleepy:

#68 Jules

Jules
  • 7568 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

I was making an example of the league wanting Forehead v. Lady with one from each upcoming game.

IT'S NOT FUNNY IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT JULES!! :sleepy:

Yes I did not get it at first. I am tired. Sigh.

Good luck Sunday though. It's not impossible.....

Lady? LOL

#69 GoPats

GoPats
  • 2579 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

They will have Brady and Manning both enter the stadium for the AFC title game on horses. They will shake hands at the center of the field while on horses and then go get their teams ready for the game as "I will always love you" is sung by the ESPN crew, live with a slide show on the big screens with highlights of the careers of Manning and Brady. The crowd will tear up.

As Brady and Manning take the field for the coin toss, Colts and Bengals players (who lost last weekend so they are available) will throw rose petals at the feet of Manning/Brady.

The winner will come down to whoever the angels in heaven prefer on that day. So, it is a tough call.

This would all be magical. Just magical. ;)

#70 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

T minus 27 hours

good luck to all 

#71 JPPT1974

JPPT1974
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Won't see Broncos and Pats aka Brady and Manning next weekend!

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

#72 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Good luck tomorrow texans fans. If the patriots go down, I will be the first one here to congratulate you and root for the texans to win it all. And no I will not bother finding a scapegoat for Brady because I'm not insecure about my QB! C you tomorrow.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates