Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston at New England - 4:40 p.m. EST Jan. 13

Snowglobe

Pats will win, the Texans have to hang in there in the first half to make it a game, IMO. Otherwise, Schaub will have his "OMG" look and Arian Foster and the running game will be taken out of Kubiak's plans. Still, I expect Pats to win this.

Pats will win, the Texans have to hang in there in the first half to make it a game, IMO. Otherwise, Schaub will have his "OMG" look and Arian Foster and the running game will be taken out of Kubiak's plans. Still, I expect Pats to win this.

I hate that look lol. But I think this will be a lot more competitive than the last game. Based on that aforementioned game, though, I cannot seriously predict a win for my guys, but we will see when the game is played. Yes, I'm channeling my inner Herm Edwards lol.

Texans theme song going to N.E., "Turn out the lights, the party's over. It seems that all good thing must end." Having seen N.E.in the playoffs before it will be a repeat if not worse than their previous meeting or should I say "beating".  No contest. Rent a movie.

Well it won't be 42-14, that's for sure.

The Patriots will make Schaub beat them, and they'll try to make him throw outside the numbers to do it. They'll try to lock down on Daniels because clearly Schaub prefers throwing over the middle, and from what little I've seen of him, he's kind of mess if you get him outside his comfort zone.

To do that, though, New England has to stop Foster with their front seven and limit Houston's ability to go with play-action.

On offense, having Gronkowski back will allow New England to do a lot of things they didn't do in the Monday nighter a few weeks ago. I'd also run it at them all night long. That will open up some holes in the coverage that they can try to exploit.

No one in NE is forgetting 2010, when the Patriots stomped the Jets in early December but had their season ended by NY about a month later. It can certainly happen, and the first game really has no bearing on what happens Sunday night.

didn

Predicitions? Thoughts? I'm sort of rooting for the Broncos too because I want a Manning/Brady match up if the Pats win. 

I didnt see a lot from Houston....against Cincinatti....

they have to move the ball consistently because the Patriots are going to pit up 24, 27, 30 points.

The Texans have to get to the lead early....to have any chance...

Patriots by 10

To be fair to my Houston friends on here, QuizBoy & Vance87 on here, Matt Schaub overcome a few bad throws & beat a very tough Bengals defense on Saturday. Also, they won the AFC South crown for the second year in a row & they deserve credit for that. Bravo Texans. 

But, Matt Schaub makes too many mistakes...Either over throwing wide open receivers or failing to put enough air under the ball & the ball gets picked off. 1 mistake against the Patriots that gives Brady the ball is all he needs to put Houston in a hole. Houston hasn't shown me that they can play mistake free football yet & not turn the ball over. Foster is great. It's Shaub that worries me. 

NE will crush Houston: 35 to 17. Belichick will stop the read dead in it's tracks, force Schaub to throw, & wait for the secondary to pick off a poorly thrown ball. 

Well it won't be 42-14, that's for sure.

The Patriots will make Schaub beat them, and they'll try to make him throw outside the numbers to do it. They'll try to lock down on Daniels because clearly Schaub prefers throwing over the middle, and from what little I've seen of him, he's kind of mess if you get him outside his comfort zone.

To do that, though, New England has to stop Foster with their front seven and limit Houston's ability to go with play-action.

On offense, having Gronkowski back will allow New England to do a lot of things they didn't do in the Monday nighter a few weeks ago. I'd also run it at them all night long. That will open up some holes in the coverage that they can try to exploit.

No one in NE is forgetting 2010, when the Patriots stomped the Jets in early December but had their season ended by NY about a month later. It can certainly happen, and the first game really has no bearing on what happens Sunday night.

Good analysis there GoPats, I respect people that admit their squad is not invincible & that previously encounters are absolutely meaningless. NE's secondary is much improved. I know exactly what I'm gonna get with Brady. Smart decisions with the football. Schaub...Yes, he won his 1st Playoff game, but he needs to learn to be patient. I haven't seen him use check downs enough & throwing the ball away enough to avoid costly sacks yet. If I am wrong about Schaub, I will admit it, but I have my reservations. 

Good analysis there GoPats, I respect people that admit their squad is not invincible & that previously encounters are absolutely meaningless. NE's secondary is much improved. I know exactly what I'm gonna get with Brady. Smart decisions with the football. Schaub...Yes, he won his 1st Playoff game, but he needs to learn to be patient. I haven't seen him use check downs enough & throwing the ball away enough to avoid costly sacks yet. If I am wrong about Schaub, I will admit it, but I have my reservations. 

They need to make you an ESPN NFL analyst sw1. You have the best insight in Wisconsin. 

They need to make you an ESPN NFL analyst sw1. You have the best insight in Wisconsin. 

I'd rather work for NFL Network SG. The female analysts are much prettier & "easier on the eyes."  haha But, on the plus side, Wendi Nix is a great ESPN reporter in Connecticut & I could hang out with all my East coast NE friends like you, Flying Elvis, Yehoodi, GoPats, & VL. Wendi did a fantastic job covering the Pats for years IMO. 

wendi-nix-glasses-espn-1.jpg

I rather work for NFL Network SG. The female analysts are much prettier & "easier on the eyes."  haha But, on the plus side, Wendi Nix is a great ESPN reporter in Connecticut & I could hang out with all my East coast NE friends like you, Flying Elvis, Yehoodi, GoPats, & VL. Wendi did a fantastic job covering the Pats for years IMO. 

wendi-nix-glasses-espn-1.jpg

There are definitely some dime pieces. Lindsay Czarniak, Michelle Beadle(ex-espn), Rachel Nichols, Sara Walsh...oh lawd

Lindsay-Czarniak.jpg

Beadle.jpg

120403874.vcN2n6YK.jpg

sara-walsh.gif

storm.gif

Good thing my wife doesn't browse these forums! 

The other 

There are definitely some dime pieces. Lindsay Czarniak, Michelle Beadle(ex-espn), Rachel Nichols, Sara Walsh...oh lawd

Lindsay-Czarniak.jpg

Beadle.jpg

120403874.vcN2n6YK.jpg

sara-walsh.gif

storm.gif

Good thing my wife doesn't browse these forums! 

Don't worry SG, I won't tell your wife either.  haha  I don't lie; I just believe in a "need to know basis" & your wife doesn't need to know, right?  :spit:

Nice pictorial display there.  :thmup:

The other 

Don't worry SG, I won't tell your wife either.  haha  I don't lie; I just believe in a "need to know basis" & your wife doesn't need to know, right?  :spit:

Nice pictorial display there.  :thmup:

Yeah my wife watches me like a hawk. Especially at the mall. One peep at any other woman and my dvr recordings are magically gone. Talk about a tough life...

While I won't be as disrespectful as this guy http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000123344/article/are-the-houston-texans-tomato-cans-and-frauds. I don't think the Texans will win. I'm going to root for them because I live in Houston(althought I'm a Colt fan)but Houston has lost major touch with their offense. They used to be explosive, but they seemed to have lost it. Not good when you're facing Brady and Bellichick in New England. 49ers vs. New England regular season game taught me that scoring 35 on New England may in fact not be enough. They can still come back and beat you, or almost beat you. So when you're barely scoring 14 points, and the defense is not smothering it will be a very tough task for the Texans I think.

Excellent choice Sw1. Such a great choice that I may need to clear my internet history! +1 

No worries my friend. If your wife asks any questions just say "I was reading a gripping online ESPN article on the valuable impact on female reporters in sports & the mouse on your computer failed to save the full article correctly." 

I just saw a former baseball reporter named Amber TheoHarris on NFL "Total Access" the other night & I don't even watch baseball. My nephew does though. Amber is a nice distraction though. 

Theoharis_display_image.jpg?1312745675

No worries my friend. If your wife asks any questions just say "I was reading a gripping online ESPN article on the valuable impact on female reporters in sports & the mouse on your computer failed to save the full article correctly." 

I just saw a former baseball reporter named Amber TheoHarris on NFL "Total Access" the other night & I don't even watch baseball. My nephew does though. Amber is a nice distraction though. 

Theoharis_display_image.jpg?1312745675

Good eye. You remind me of Bill Polian digging for diamonds in the rough.

I think Dana Jacobson is definitely a dark horse. May need a few beers beforehand but I watched a youtube video of her playing pool and nearly went into a coma. I think she was on First Take I don't know what happened.

bacd105301994c2059be693040b0ac1d.png

didn

I didnt see a lot from Houston....against Cincinatti....

they have to move the ball consistently because the Patriots are going to pit up 24, 27, 30 points.

The Texans have to get to the lead early....to have any chance...

I agree.

We started the season doing just that. We'd get early leads, then run out the clock. We encountered a few injuries & had been holding on since the bye week. The New England game was the zenith of our injury woes. We struggled with the injuries, because everytime we "found" a replacement, that fker got hurt too.

We haven't really stabilized the rotating carousel, we signed two new players to the team just last week, promoting a practice squad body & a guy we cut back in camp. Our level of play has dropped off tremendously & I think it's a testament to our coaching staff, that we managed 12 wins.

You might not have seen anything in the Bengal's game, but I saw plenty. Our defense is playing closer to the top 5 defense we think we have than it's been in 6 weeks. Our offense has also played it's best game in roughly the same time. The most important thing to me, is that we played much better than last week. & in that game we played much better than the week before & much better than we did the week before that. When we beat you guys @ Reliant, that was probably the game we started to get back to our brand of football.

Yes, I'm saying even though we lost to Minnesota & @ Lucas Oil, we were playing better than we played when we beat the Titans, better than when we beat you. But like I said, the biggest jump was between the game at Lucas Oil & Saturday's game. Hopefully we can make as big a jump this week. That's the only way we've got a chance.

Our red zone issues are a problem & I think too many people are focusing on that. We used to be able to score from any spot on the field & we need to find that again.

Not bad  SG, although blondes don't fascinate like redheads do...Michelle Biessner isn't too shabby either on NFL Network...

SING IT SISTA

I have a serious problem when it comes to redheads. SW1 you've got me all riled up now.

Good eye. You remind me of Bill Polian digging for diamonds in the rough.

I think Dana Jacobson is definitely a dark horse. May need a few beers beforehand but I watched a youtube video of her playing pool and nearly went into a coma. I think she was on First Take I don't know what happened.

bacd105301994c2059be693040b0ac1d.png

haha Kind of gives new meaning to the expression "surveying the field" doesn't it? Yeah, Dana is definitely a looker no argument there. Although, Dana runs marathons regularly, stamina & endurance would be a tough hurdle to jump on that 1. What's that expression? "Life a marathon not a sprint." Just Kidding!!!

Molly Qerim, on NFL Network Updates is not too bad either IMO...

molly%20qerim%20hot%2011.jpg?pictureId=1

haha Kind of gives new meaning to the expression "surveying the field" doesn't it? Yeah, Dana is definitely a looker no argument there. 

Molly Qerim, on NFL Network Updates is not too bad either IMO...

molly%20qerim%20hot%2011.jpg?pictureId=1

Sweet Louisiana pickles...I need to start watching the NFL Network more often...

I have to hit the bed soon, 1am here but I'll leave you with a red head Heather Cox 

4r3mn5.jpg

While I won't be as disrespectful as this guy http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000123344/article/are-the-houston-texans-tomato-cans-and-frauds. I don't think the Texans will win. I'm going to root for them because I live in Houston(althought I'm a Colt fan)but Houston has lost major touch with their offense. They used to be explosive, but they seemed to have lost it. Not good when you're facing Brady and Bellichick in New England. 49ers vs. New England regular season game taught me that scoring 35 on New England may in fact not be enough. They can still come back and beat you, or almost beat you. So when you're barely scoring 14 points, and the defense is not smothering it will be a very tough task for the Texans I think.

I can relate krunk. It's tough when you live in another city & your home team is not your favorite team. Being a dislocated fan is really tough to endure sometimes. Hang in there pal. I just don't see Houston stopping running backs Woodhead or Ridley in the 4th Qtr. myself.