Photo

Big loss might be a good thing for Colts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 ThorstenDenmark

ThorstenDenmark
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

I know New England out played the Colts tonight, but it might be a wake-up call for the colts, which can fuel them heading into next weeks game against the Bills.

I think the whole team know that they can play much better than today, which they will prove next week where they will smash the Bills and redeem themselves.

Go colts

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1686 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I can't think of any scenario for any sport where a whipping like that could be a good thing.
"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#3 manning04

manning04
  • 847 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I am really not one to say we will blow someone out. but this is a team we could.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#4 ThorstenDenmark

ThorstenDenmark
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

After the Chicago game, where they also got hammered, they played pretty darn good against the vikings and won.

So just wait and see, they will smack the bills next week.

#5 Yehoodi

Yehoodi
  • 1415 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I can't think of any scenario for any sport where a whipping like that could be a good thing.

do you think maybe the Jets, in 2010, had the 45-3 MNF spanking in their minds when they came to Foxboro in Jan and did what ever they could to win the game and did? . . . was the only factor no, but I am sure it was modivation . . .

also too . . .if there is a flaw or perhaps overconfidence, other issue, a big loss can at times, cause some to take a step back and reflect on the team, players, coaches, scheming, etc., which could prove beneficial later on as it might not be exposed, or seen, with a closer "we coulda beat them" loss . . .

#6 #12

• 720 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I honestly don't see it affecting them either way. They're a young team in transition no one expected anything from anyway. When you're playing in that situation, the losses more easily roll off your back.

#7 ballin colt

ballin colt
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

What did everyone think of the play calling, with all the Pats up on the line on defence. I for one did not like it.

#8 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I liked the improvements in our running game.
Horrible production from the qb position tonight, which is disappointing.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#9 #12

• 720 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

That's probably the wrong way to put it. 80 yards and no TDs = horrible production. He was highly productive, but just made a few inopportune rookie throws.

#10 -JJ-

-JJ-
  • Forum Moderator
  • 2651 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

nah..players & coaches forget big losses fast. They'll look at film as usual but that will be it.

#11 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2159 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Luck will be fine. He went up against a master mind tonight and got schooled some. He'll learn, adjust and move on. Not worried about him. I am however very concerned by our defense or the lack thereof. Down right embarassing to be undressed on national tv like that. We have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball before we can be taken seriously. Pats actually showed mercy to us at the end of the game which is unlike them. They could of put up 60+ if they wanted to.
"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#12 Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

This happens to young teams. Getting beat down does provide an opportunity to develop mental toughness and growth. It's all about how we bounce back and learn from the game. I have no doubt we have the right leadership in place to move in the right direction - not implode- after this loss.

#13 Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

On the plus side, 2 of our prior 3 losses were us just getting whipped, and we came back to play much better ball the week after. I bet we do the same vs Buffalo.

#14 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3960 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

The run game in the first qtr was great. Then they shut it down. Being bale to run when you're down 17-44 doesn't count
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#15 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

The run game in the first qtr was great. Then they shut it down. Being bale to run when you're down 17-44 doesn't count

Agreed. I'm not suggesting it would have made a difference, but up 14-7, and running well to that point, the Colts go three and out on three incomplete passes, punt, return TD. Ok... it happens. Next possession? Brown gains 9 on first down. Second down? Intercepted, returned for TD. And so it begins.... Oh, and the Colts ran the ball only one other time for the rest of the entire first half after that 14 point swing - Ballard on the made FG drive. Every other play was a pass.

I think Arians is so enamored with Luck, so sure he is ahead of the curve, a vet already, that he simply can't resist using his new toy. Even when given the chance - with overwhelming evidence, like the 50 yards rushing in the first quarter - he can't stop having Luck throw. I love me some Luck as much as the next guy, but what the Colts are asking him to do this season, the number of throws, the number of hits... I'd like to see a little more balance. Especially on the road.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      27 Aug
    Jules

You ever notice that if you listen to any radio station long enough you are bound to hear a Tom Petty song?

Show comments (8)
View All Updates