Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nnamdi asomugha

GoColtsGo5150

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000094857/

I know; I started this thread, I just wanted to find out what everyone thought if he was cut, but I didn't want to get everybodys hopes up in case he wasn't released or he didn't sign with us

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

Basically the article said that asomugha might need to take a pay cut in order to remain of the eagles roster, I started this thread to see what everybody felt about picking nnamdi up if he was released.

If Reid is fired, the GM will realize that that defense might change to man coverage and not release Asomugha. Just wanted to point that out.

I'd take him though if he's available but then I wonder who we would put at nickel with a starting lineup of Davis, Asomugha, and Butler. Butler doesn't seem like a strong tackler and Asomugha isn't either, I wouldn't want either of them playing the slot or a tight end in the nickel. Plus our corners seem to be relied on in run support and tackling receivers on underneath routes.