Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColtsGo5150

Nnamdi asomugha

51 posts in this topic

Dear Lord, Tim Jennings is playing awesome ball this year. Perfect example.

I want Asomugha, darnit.

1 person likes this

As much as I would like nnamdi to be a colt, he needs to be a FA first,which I sure as heck would want to happen

As much as I would like nnamdi to be a colt, he needs to be a FA first,which I sure as heck would want to happen

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000094857/

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000094857/

I know; I started this thread, I just wanted to find out what everyone thought if he was cut, but I didn't want to get everybodys hopes up in case he wasn't released or he didn't sign with us

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

1 person likes this

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

Basically the article said that asomugha might need to take a pay cut in order to remain of the eagles roster, I started this thread to see what everybody felt about picking nnamdi up if he was released.

Half of us here tend to forget that going into a new system changes the player, IE Tim Jennings.

Nnamdi plays best in man to man, which is what we run now.

I would LOVE to see what he could do.

Tim Jennings was mediocre and couldn`t stay healthy, Period.

Next years hypothetical pickups? bla bla bla bla bla bla

If Reid is fired, the GM will realize that that defense might change to man coverage and not release Asomugha. Just wanted to point that out.

I'd take him though if he's available but then I wonder who we would put at nickel with a starting lineup of Davis, Asomugha, and Butler. Butler doesn't seem like a strong tackler and Asomugha isn't either, I wouldn't want either of them playing the slot or a tight end in the nickel. Plus our corners seem to be relied on in run support and tackling receivers on underneath routes.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• After Sleeping on it...
      To the bolded, take a trip over to Dustin's write-up on Green.  That's probably where it started, at least on these forums.  I didn't necessarily get the comparison, either.  
    • Curt Maggitt UDFA
      If as suggested, all Maggitt has going for him is a decent pass rush and little else as far as run stopping or playing in space then... lol
    • Colts select Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas
      One 3 cone drill, for me, is about as relevant as his shoe size.... not very much.     The film, the film and then more film should be what they based his performance abilities (or lack thereof) along with their face to face interview.  My biggest concern for a couple of these guys is health, because we know all of them will get beat up (and have gotten beat up in college) and how many of them miss games.  There's little question he can play well when healthy... but will he (and others) be?  That's what we'll have to learn.  At least he's not a thug or likely to miss due to lack of weed control like so many others.  At least I hope that's not in his makeup.  The old "avail-ABILITY" issue is the biggest concern with all these guys.  
    • What's YouR Best Draft Story?
      watching Brady Quinn and Gino Smith check their watch every 5 minutes wishing they were anywhere but in the Green Room. lol 
    • How could we pass on Whitehair in the 2nd round?
      I also wanted the Colts to get Whitehair, because of the rating he was given by the draft analysts I am basing my knowledge off of, but to the question of "how could the Colts pass on him?" , the answer is simple, because the Colt's management (GM, Coach, Scouts, Owner) were obviously of the consensus opinion that trading back for the extra 4th and 7th rounder picks, combined with the 2nd rounder in the Packer's slot, would better enhance what the team can take away from this draft, for it would give them 3 players where they would only get one.    If (that being a big IF) Whitehair is who the Colts were looking at before the trade, then they pulled the trade trigger because they deemed him not being as much value to the team as the three players they would instead come away with.  Alternatively, perhaps they were not even interested in Whitehair (despite the ranking of him by talking head analysts) and they figured they could get who they wanted anyway, later in the round, but in the process also pick up two additional players (via the 4th and 7th rounders they were given to make the swap).   In making the trade, if Whitehair is who they wanted, maybe they also thought that he might still be there and they could get him anyway, but that if he didn't last (which he did not, with him being picked in the slot just before the Colts pick), that they were okay with that because of who else they figured they would get should Whitehair not be available.   I think that with the above explanation, the reason as to how could they pass on him is definitively answered.   One is free to be of the opinion that Whitehair was (will be) worth more than the three players the Colts instead received (T.J. Green, Antonio Morrison, & Austin Blythe), but alas, the powers that be do not agree with your assessment.  Also throw into that equation Le'Raven Clark, whom they may have figured on being able to get in the next round, just like they did, with their thought being that perhaps he will more aptly fill the team's needs in combination with the other three aforementioned players, as compared to Whitehair and one other 4th round player that they may have instead chosen in place of Clark.   Three or 4 years down the road if the three players the Colts instead got all turned out to be non factors, along with Clark also being a non factor, while Whitehair went on to become a top notch, Pro Bowl caliber OG, then today's dissenters can recall this thread and gloat that they were so much smarter than the Colts' regime at the time.  For now, though, dissenting opinions are simply dissenting opinions.  Dissenting opinions that I consider to be far less credible in source, for they are fan opinions from the outside, not from the INSIDE expert circle of knowledge that the Colts rely upon.   There, end of thread.
  • Topics

• Welcome New Members

• Members

• 12to13

12to13 74

• Flash

Flash 58

• Smonroe

Smonroe 5,831

• gacker65

gacker65 119

• BlueStallion

BlueStallion 53

• TYtheMan13

TYtheMan13 34

• cm43sports

cm43sports 110

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 3,495

• ztboiler

ztboiler 835

• Surge89

Surge89 569

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.