Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColtsGo5150

Nnamdi asomugha

51 posts in this topic

Dear Lord, Tim Jennings is playing awesome ball this year. Perfect example.

I want Asomugha, darnit.

1 person likes this

As much as I would like nnamdi to be a colt, he needs to be a FA first,which I sure as heck would want to happen

As much as I would like nnamdi to be a colt, he needs to be a FA first,which I sure as heck would want to happen

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000094857/

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000094857/

I know; I started this thread, I just wanted to find out what everyone thought if he was cut, but I didn't want to get everybodys hopes up in case he wasn't released or he didn't sign with us

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

1 person likes this

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

Basically the article said that asomugha might need to take a pay cut in order to remain of the eagles roster, I started this thread to see what everybody felt about picking nnamdi up if he was released.

Half of us here tend to forget that going into a new system changes the player, IE Tim Jennings.

Nnamdi plays best in man to man, which is what we run now.

I would LOVE to see what he could do.

Tim Jennings was mediocre and couldn`t stay healthy, Period.

Next years hypothetical pickups? bla bla bla bla bla bla

If Reid is fired, the GM will realize that that defense might change to man coverage and not release Asomugha. Just wanted to point that out.

I'd take him though if he's available but then I wonder who we would put at nickel with a starting lineup of Davis, Asomugha, and Butler. Butler doesn't seem like a strong tackler and Asomugha isn't either, I wouldn't want either of them playing the slot or a tight end in the nickel. Plus our corners seem to be relied on in run support and tackling receivers on underneath routes.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Funny. my point was that perhaps we have more football access here in the states than the average european viewer.  Therefore it may be different for you and me for example.  I'm sure in britain theres always a soccer match on while here rarely.  Reasons are reasons, stupid to us or not.  I wouldnt fly on a yellow plane either, btw.  I stick to silver-ish aircraft.
    • OK....     let's not sugar coat it....   our o-line, already plagued by injuries and inconsistent play has its biggest challenge of the season so far.   In no specific order....   --- Harrison is out because of emergency appendectomy... --  Reitz still has a bad back, but he traveled. --  Good still has a bad back,  but he traveled. It's not clear if either will be able to play,  but the team is praying they will...   --  Our right side of our line could include Clark,  Blythe and Haeg.        Seriously, not kidding.      If Reitz and Good can't go,  our right side could be manned by two rookies, which, of course, would make for THREE ROOKIES on the line including Kelly.        Honestly,  it would be a disaster if this happens.     So, cross your fingers that Good and Reitz can play and play at a level that doesn't hurt the team.         This is a bad time for this to happen....   but life in the NFL is often not fair....   and this is one of those times....   Oh.....    I got this info from a story on the front page of the website....        http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Colts-Could-Be-Shuffling-Right-Side-Of-Offensive-Line-This-Week/cce551da-a7fb-4a6f-a16b-0850f43a3b04
    • If you're a BPA believer than your argument holds up no matter what our needs are....   But, as to your line I put into bold,  that pass rush, a RB and a CB are all equal needs.....    I don't think that's true at all.      I don't even think it's a little bit true.   I think pass rush,  preferably from the OLB spot,  but pass rush is the clear top priority.     Right now we're one of the worst team rushing the QB in the entire NFL.     And next year,  we'll likely be without Mathis and Cole.   We need a pass rush desperately.   As to RB and CB....    I think those two needs are somewhat closer,  but I would put RB as the next priority because we should still have Davis, Cromartie and Robinson next year.       So, I'm OK with CB as our 3rd need.   But we'll need someone to eventually replace Gore and fortunately this is a fantastic class of RB's and I suspect there will be one there for us in the 50's when I suspect we'll pick in the 2nd round.   And we'll likely have two picks in the 4th round for the loss of Fleener.   Hopefully we'll address our defense and our running game in 2017.  
    • Intro: It’s Friday in London and the Colts (1-2) have arrived to continue their prep for a Week Four contest with the Jaguars (0-3). What is on the Colts’ agenda now that they have landed in London? View the full article
    • Here is a decent lil story I found on our rookies & the youth movement that will get this team where it needs to be .   http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/09/28/colts-rookies-kids-all-right/91220412/
  • Welcome New Members

• Welcome here Nils!   I can tell you, most of football fans in Hungary are Patriots fans...unfortunately. 
    • Hi, Nils here....   I know a lot of Europeans support the Patriots, but all I can say is no way man, no way!   I'm not entirely sure when I started to follow and cheer for the Colts, but I has no shame in admitting that it was when Manning begun to really shine. It was probably back in 1999 because I seem to remember that play-off game against the Titans.   I also remember the I loved how the Colts would play a beautiful offensive game whereas other teams were boring with their defensive strengths. Aaaahh, those were the days!   I was introduced to American Football during my American Politics/presidential election study in Washington D.C. in the fall of 1996 (Clinton vs Dole). Didn't really get attached to any team back then, so you can say that Redskins just left me totally uninspired.   It is a great and welcoming forum here - and that is just how I remembered America too.    
  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.