Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton just needs playing time

oldunclemark

Aftre the quarter where he was at peak efficiency against the so-called (they arent) to defense in the NFL..

...I think Peyton Manning is ready for the season.

His only issue is conitnuity with his own teammates.....

10 of 12, 122...

ts funny how much better people say you looked when you dont have an interception...and they dont drop your TD passes...

I thought Peyton was about the same as he was against Seattle.

He's ready..he just needs more work with the Bronco receivers...

Did anybody tyhink he only played one quarter because the coaches didnt feel his protection was very good??

I haven't watched the game yet, but he played about as much as they hinted he would play beforehand. How bad was the protection? It was often spectacular in the first two games.

MAC ......he got hit twice and one time he really got planted....

..Aftre that sack..Peyton got up and threw his second TD....to make it 17-0

..and they benched him for the day.....even though the 1st quarter was not over...

I dont think he was hurt.....but I think Fox deciced he didnt need to see his $20 ,000,000 man flattened like that in a pretend game

..and they benched him for the day.....even though the 1st quarter was not over...

I dont think he was hurt.....but I think Fox deciced he didnt need to see his $20 ,000,000 man flattened like that in a pretend game

Gotcha. They probably also wanted to end on a high note after having such difficulty reaching one in the first two games. Their backup QBs could certainly use the experience.

Did anyone else think that 49'er defender let up a little when he hit Peyton. I mean he sacked him, but didnt plant him like he could have.

I didnt see that/ Looked pretty solid....

I do think that convinced Fox to get him out of there after one Q...

,,and Manning sounded like he wanted two full weeks to work on Pittsburgh so I think we've seen the last of him until the season opener

I agree with you. That was my thoughts, exactly. I also think Peyton was spot on yesterday. He's Ready...

I agree, he is ready. He just needs more time to get in sync with his WR and O line. I noticec the jawing and B.S. that went on last week with the O line didnt happen w/ the 49'ers. I would assume Peyton had a word with them about how It only hurts the team and good drives. ;)

Did anyone else think that 49'er defender let up a little when he hit Peyton. I mean he sacked him, but didnt plant him like he could have.

It didn't look like he really tool it easy on him. Sure he could have gone full blown helmet to helmet but I thought it was a clean hit..

Of course it was two Tennessee boys, so you might be on to something.

I noticed that Manning's two most impressive throws were to the right side: one to the running back up the sideline, the other the touchdown to Decker on an out route, which had some stank on it.

and weren't the "experts" saying that was his weakness...??? to the right.. :???:

He looked pretty impressive against the #1 Top Ranked Defense :thmup:

Yes i agree with you, I do think that the defender did let up somewhat . . . but what was more refreshing is to see in the last few years is to the see the improvement in the tankling by defenders . . . the defenders are sliding as they tackle the QB so as to land to the side and not land on top of the QB, and also not driving into and through the QB . . . that tackle was a good example of a defender taking the heat off his moving forward, letting up some, but yet delivering a solid, but not too dangerous, blow to a QB . . ..

i am glad to see now that the teams and players are being to be able to improve on tackling but doing so in a manner that can send a message but yet not do so with a higher likeihood of injury . . .

Peyton's command of the huddle looks just like a remember from his INDY days. Redirecting traffic, telling everyone on the line where to slide the protection, and letting the RB know who to pick up blitzwise when #18 throws the ball. My test for Peyton will be the Patriots Vince Wilfork and the pressure he usually generates right up the middle. QB's that are primarily pocket passers like Peyton hate penetration right up the middle. It forces them to move, slide off their spot, and reset their feet.