Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My take on the Redskins game

SubZero

Interior OL was very pedestrian. Luck was getting pressured constantly. Olsen, Linkenbach, and even Satele and Reitz struggled at times. Guard is definatly going to be a need moving forward. Also the run blocking was completely atrocious. You can say what you want but they were terrible at run blocking. When i came to running they were a joke.

Costanzo and Justice played very well. Besides the interior troubles the tackles played great. They didnt alow any sacks or QB pressures. I had my doubts about Justice but i take it back! And Costanzo has the makings of a franchise tackle.

Run defense needs to improve. I was very disappointed with the run D. They got ran all over by a 4th string RB. I think the Colts need Redding and Chapman to step up.

A second CB is still a need. No need to explain its been an issue the whole time.

P.S. - I was just wondering why did the colts trade Justin Tryon why didnt they keep him??

Interior OL was very pedestrian. Luck was getting pressured constantly. Olsen, Linkenbach, and even Satele and Reitz struggled at times. Guard is definatly going to be a need moving forward. Also the run blocking was completely atrocious. You can say what you want but they were terrible at run blocking. When i came to running they were a joke.

Costanzo and Justice played very well. Besides the interior troubles the tackles played great. They didnt alow any sacks or QB pressures. I had my doubts about Justice but i take it back! And Costanzo has the makings of a franchise tackle.

Run defense needs to improve. I was very disappointed with the run D. They got ran all over by a 4th string RB. I think the Colts need Redding and Chapman to step up.

A second CB is still a need. No need to explain its been an issue the whole time.

P.S. - I was just wondering why did the colts trade Justin Tryon why didnt they keep him??

Justice whiffed on a cut block in the 1st quarter and never got any push in the run game either, he got caught off balance a couple times and ate grass early

i totally agree with you!

I could've sworn i saw and heard Chapman's name in the Pitt game when we should have blocked that kick thus leading to a win

Announcers have a habit is saying the wrong name during preseasons games all the time. 90 players on the roster and they get them wrong. Captain is right Chapman is on the PUP

Yes, our run play (on D and O) was diabolical. Somethings never change it would seem. However:

1. It is still pre-season

2. We were on the road

3. We were a few inches away from tie-ing the first half

4. Luck looks class, and will be class if the o-line doesn't break him

5. The oposition are allowed to be good you know

6. Freeney is totally lost

7. As does Hughes (sorry, but watch the game again)

8. Our WR's look pretty good

9. RG3 looked as good as Luck (just sayin...)

10. We have a decent LT at last

Putting it that way is probably a little harsh on your team. The top four Skins backs are honestly all at about the same level skill-wise, they just come in different flavors. If I'm Mike Shanahan, Morris is probably the favorite to start at this point.

I would imagine that you guys cut him for the same reason that the Skins traded him to you guys. He does flash some potential here and there but his inability to firmly establish himself even as a nickel corner has to say something about his ability and/or work ethic behind the scenes.

Putting it that way is probably a little harsh on your team. The top four Skins backs are honestly all at about the same level skill-wise, they just come in different flavors. If I'm Mike Shanahan, Morris is probably the favorite to start at this point.

I would imagine that you guys cut him for the same reason that the Skins traded him to you guys. He does flash some potential here and there but his inability to firmly establish himself even as a nickel corner has to say something about his ability and/or work ethic behind the scenes.

He was cut cause our last GM didnt like him outside of football

How many middle-of- the-road running backs has our defense made to look like Hall of Fame backs over the years? calculator time.

Luck made the o-line look a lot less inept than they really were. You can't lose in the trenches that badly and win games, preseason or not.

The backs catch too much grief. There's nowhere for them to run, except for there lives. Hopefully a few personnel changes shortly will make these areas more respectable.