Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 08/07 "Twosday Twofer"

sb41champs

Twodays Twosday Twofer:

1. Will you be watching the Colts pre-season games with: more - less - OR - the same amount of interest as you have in seasons past ??

2. During our Colts historic run of playoff seasons - little emphasis was put on "winning" pre-season games. Do you think that changes with our new front office and coaching staff ??

1. More. I've NEVER watched a Pre-Season Game in the "Peyton Era" cause we didn't really take them Seriously, but we Competed in the REg. Season. Going 0-4 in the SAME Season you Win the Super Bowl is Proof of that. So, I'm definitely AMPED for Sunday

2. I think it will, mostly for this Season since we have a whole NEW Franchise now IMO

1. I think any die-hard Colts fan will be tuned to witness the changing of the guard to see for themselves how Mr. Luck performs in the NFL. In past seasons watching pre-season games was like watching golf. Boooorriingg!!

2. I don't see winning being at all important just like in years past. These games are about evaluating talent (mentally and physically), game play, clock management etc.... You can really judge how good we are by a win or loss since our starters only play 3 or 4 series. I just hope to see a few touchdowns and some good 3rd down defensive stops where we lacked in the past.

1. I think any die-hard Colts fan will be tuned to witness the changing of the guard to see for themselves how Mr. Luck performs in the NFL. In past seasons watching pre-season games was like watching golf. Boooorriingg!!

2. I don't see winning being at all important just like in years past. These games are about evaluating talent (mentally and physically), game play, clock management etc.... You can really judge how good we are by a win or loss since our starters only play 3 or 4 series. I just hope to see a few touchdowns and some good 3rd down defensive stops where we lacked in the past.

Can't disagree with any of that, although I still expect it to be pretty boring. I'll probably record it (whenever it finally airs around here) and breeze through it when I get a chance.

Twodays Twosday Twofer:

1. Will you be watching the Colts pre-season games with: more - less - OR - the same amount of interest as you have in seasons past ??

2. During our Colts historic run of playoff seasons - little emphasis was put on "winning" pre-season games. Do you think that changes with our new front office and coaching staff ??

1. Yes will watch it a lot more.

2. I suppose

1. I'll be watching with more interest because there are so many more unknowns. New Offense, New Defense, Lots of new players that we've not yet had a chance to see play. I want to see how the Monster evolves.

2. Don't know, Don't particularly care. I just want them to take this opportunity to hone in on who should and shouldn't play, and what is and isn't working so we're more prepared when the games actually count.

I'm excited to see if the Monster is going to ROAR or whimper.

Totally agree. I will be watching with MORE interest because of that guard change. And also because there are so many starting jobs and roster spots up for grabs. In the past, we really would only have about 15 unknowns for backups. The starters were 90% set before the first preseason game.