Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

reitz with the starters

CR91

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120805/SPORTS03/208050346/Colts-training-camp-Donnie-Avery-hobbled-Joe-Reitz-runs-starters-Andrew-Luck-off-bit

G Joe Reitz took the vast majority of the snaps as the left-side starter with the No. 1 unit. He had been running behind Jeff Linkenbach, who primarily was working as Winston Justice's backup at right tackle.

much rather have reitz starting then link

"The offensive line has been inconsistent, but at times, looked very good." Andy's firsthand notes on the line(Well at least the opening line, full thing can be found in his thread)

Consistency comes with time playing together. I only hope they're good enough not to get Luck killed on Saturday.

the professional well paid football executive completely disagrees with your opinions. gee, i wonder who is more qualified in their opinions ?

Apparently they dont or they wouldnt be trying different lineman at Guard, Mcglynn, Linkenbach, Seth Olsen and Ijalana before he went down, sounds like to me they dont have the answer and dont have alot of faith that Reitz is the answer

soft ? i'd venture to say you wouldn't be quite so opinionated to their face. gotta love know nothing internet tough guys.

What are you like two with comments lik that? Go watch some games, he is soft, hes agile NOT a mauler thats what is needed at Guard, Agilty is needed at Tackle, Go look at what the Texans O Line did to our D Line last year they completely mauled them then compare that to games that Reitz was in the starting lineup, we were completely manhandled on the left side from Reitz on to Castonzo

Apparently they dont or they wouldnt be trying different lineman at Guard, Mcglynn, Linkenbach, Seth Olsen and Ijalana before he went down, sounds like to me they dont have the answer and dont have alot of faith that Reitz is the answer

who else has gotten reps at right guard with the ones ?

What are you like two with comments lik that? Go watch some games, he is soft, hes agile NOT a mauler thats what is needed at Guard, Agilty is needed at Tackle, Go look at what the Texans O Line did to our D Line last year they completely mauled them then compare that to games that Reitz was in the starting lineup, we were completely manhandled on the left side from Reitz on to Castonzo

define soft ? reitz is learning . you think every player who comes into the league is a seasoned vet ? the colts are building something. mcglynn has been known as a physical nasty player who plays through the whistle. soft doesn't come to mind. i know this is a message board but shouldn't the powers that be be given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise ? saying this guy can or can't play before they've even played a preseason game let alone one that counts is ridiculous.

who else has gotten reps at right guard with the ones ?

Havent been there in a few days, I could have swore I even saw Satele get some time at Right Guard even if it was brief but alot of the time its been Mcglynn at Right Guard, Not easy for me to see with people walking in front of me, Im in wheelchair and short lol, I do know they have been trying different guys at Left Guard though

define soft ? reitz is learning . you think every player who comes into the league is a seasoned vet ? the colts are building something. mcglynn has been known as a physical nasty player who plays through the whistle. soft doesn't come to mind. i know this is a message board but shouldn't the powers that be be given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise ? saying this guy can or can't play before they've even played a preseason game let alone one that counts is ridiculous.

I just go by what I have seen on Reitz and Mcglynn and Justice from eye test and what I read

Apparently you do not understand how training camp works. Players are going to get chances to show what they can do. How can the Colts find out what they can do if they do not give them a chance.

Lets say no one was given the chance to try out at LG other then Reitz............how would you know if someone is better at that spot or who is the best player to back up that position.

Castonzo was playing on a bum leg last year and Reitz was inexperienced. I think we will see them play much better their second year together.

Castonzo was playing on a bum leg last year and Reitz was inexperienced. I think we will see them play much better their second year together.

We shall see but its hard to teach a mean streak Castonzo didn't have it in college and Reitz was a freakin basketball player who was brought in to play Tight End before he was groomed to play Tackle because of his agility

We shall see but its hard to teach a mean streak Castonzo didn't have it in college and Reitz was a freakin basketball player who was brought in to play Tight End before he was groomed to play Tackle because of his agility

I am not going to argue with you. I have been reading the same thing in every one of your posts for the past month. We all know your opinion.......if you have nothing new to say or your opinion does not change then I see no reason to keep posting it. We get it dude. Please spare us. Lets watch a couple of games and see if there soft, suck or cant run or pass block.

Honestly, we got 6 Days. Whoever comes out with #12... is the Starters................ For Now. Things can be Subject to Change. But WHOEVER and Idc who it is, but who ever that front 5 is in front of Luck.... needs to put their Bodies to work to Protect him like he was their Father or Mother. Can't afford to have our Rookie QB taking Lumps like Blaine Gabbert did Last Year

Gavin, I feel the same way as you. Funny if you have a different opinion on here some people can't handle it and want to shut you up. Fact is we are all speculating because we haven't played any games yet. I am far from confident about our OL and with the injury to Ijalana I've become even more skeptical. I'm not going to say they are awful because I'm also not going to say that Luck is going to be great yet either. I'm going to wait and see. That said there are a few people on here if you don't praise everything Colts (from Irsay to Luck) they are going to attack you despite the evidence right in front of them. I'm a 100% Colts fan...but I think myself and some others try to be at least a little objective when evaluating our players. Being a Colts fan doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone but I would think we can let people voice their opinions all the same without trying to drown them out.

Gavin, I feel the same way as you. Funny if you have a different opinion on here some people can't handle it and want to shut you up. Fact is we are all speculating because we haven't played any games yet. I am far from confident about our OL and with the injury to Ijalana I've become even more skeptical. I'm not going to say they are awful because I'm also not going to say that Luck is going to be great yet either. I'm going to wait and see. That said there are a few people on here if you don't praise everything Colts (from Irsay to Luck) they are going to attack you despite the evidence right in front of them. I'm a 100% Colts fan...but I think myself and some others try to be at least a little objective when evaluating our players. Being a Colts fan doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone but I would think we can let people voice their opinions all the same without trying to drown them out.

Agreed. I tried to stay out of this Topic though cause I don't know much about our O-Line besides the Fact we took Castonzo in the 1st Rd with the #22 Pick. I've been reading all this Threads about our O-Line learning more & more each day. So, I'd like to Thank ALL of You for educating me about our O-Line

Agreed. I tried to stay out of this Topic though cause I don't know much about our O-Line besides the Fact we took Castonzo in the 1st Rd with the #22 Pick. I've been reading all this Threads about our O-Line learning more & more each day. So, I'd like to Thank ALL of You for educating me about our O-Line

I'm far from a OL guy myself. I was a TE so please don't take my opinions as anything but just that...an opinion of a fan. That said I think Gavin's perspective was just fine. I may not agree with everything exactly...but I will say that his perspective definately isn't meritless. He makes good points. I just hate people to try to tell people to be quiet (on a forum at that) because they differ opinions. We all have to wait and see how things work out...but most people around here aren't making baseless claims and crazy comments. People usually back up their opinions with facts as Gavin has. That shouldn't be condemned at all IMO. I've been on forums where you have trolls....I haven't seen that here and I'm thankful for the fun, excellent opinions shared...even if they are against mine or I don't agree.

I am guessing its the descriptive words that are used. Words like soft and suck are used commonly for anyone that isn't all world. There seems to be no inbetween. I am not speaking for anyone here, just commenting on the norm out there. In reality, anyone....anyone...who gets to the NFL level cannot truly be soft. Using that word for NFL player is like saying Marshall Faulk was soft.....compared to Jim Brown. Although it could be argued that way, it is meaningless because he is not soft.

Perhaps describing a player as lacking fire needed for the position, would come across better than soft. Just trying to help.

Thanks everyone for keeping it civil.

I'm far from a OL guy myself. I was a TE so please don't take my opinions as anything but just that...an opinion of a fan. That said I think Gavin's perspective was just fine. I may not agree with everything exactly...but I will say that his perspective definately isn't meritless. He makes good points. I just hate people to try to tell people to be quiet (on a forum at that) because they differ opinions. We all have to wait and see how things work out...but most people around here aren't making baseless claims and crazy comments. People usually back up their opinions with facts as Gavin has. That shouldn't be condemned at all IMO. I've been on forums where you have trolls....I haven't seen that here and I'm thankful for the fun, excellent opinions shared...even if they are against mine or I don't agree.

Yeah, I know every position about the Colts except the O-Line. But it's something I'm learning as time goes on. And agreed, Gavin does always back his Opinions up. I understand not everyone thinks the Same, but people should never try to belittle someone else for giving their opinion

I just go by what I have seen on Reitz and Mcglynn and Justice from eye test and what I read

i get that but it seems there is a total disregard to the professional football peoples opinions. what makes your "eye test " conclusions more credible than folks whos' livelihood is dependent on their evaluation abilities ? i just don't get the pre judging of players when no games have been played yet. i don't care what guys did on other teams. situations are different, coaches, styles philosophies and the like. some guys excel in certain styles and some don't. i say lets let them actually play first.

I have said this before and I will say it again. In the current league, starting off with a better pass blocker that is not a good run blocker is better off than starting off with a better run blocker that is not a good pass blocker.

Both the intelligence to know the protection schemes to protect, and defending the straight line to the QB as a guard, is more important, IMO, than mauling people in the run game in this passing league.

The last few years, teams that have made the SB, have had better passing stats than running stats in general, and running efficiently in the playoffs is more important than running as a stat overall.

2011 - Pats 20th, Giants 32nd

2010 - Steelers 11th, Packers 24th

2009 - Saints 6th, Colts 32nd

2008 - Steelers 23rd, Cardinals 32nd

That is why I think Joe Reitz would make a better LG for protecting Luck, IMO.