Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reason for Eldrige Release?

ColtJ82

This is a guess and only a guess....

But right after the draft and we had taken both Fleener and Allen, a story in Pro Football Weekly was saying Eldridge's chance of staying were slim and that he would help his own cause if he could spend less time in the trainers room.

Now, with news of the PED's, it seems possible he was taking them to help himself heal. Some of those drugs do that and football is a brutal game.

Again, it's only a guess... I've got no inside info here...

This is a guess and only a guess....

But right after the draft and we had taken both Fleener and Allen, a story in Pro Football Weekly was saying Eldridge's chance of staying were slim and that he would help his own cause if he could spend less time in the trainers room.

Now, with news of the PED's, it seems possible he was taking them to help himself heal. Some of those drugs do that and football is a brutal game.

Again, it's only a guess... I've got no inside info here...

That is a pretty reasonable guess though.

I think he was let go because Andre Smith was (slightly) cheaper, less injury prone, and as good a blocker while being a slightly better receiver.

Even if Andre doesn't stick, he has the one ability that at least makes him more worth a look: durability.