Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Houston have the potential to be the best team in the league?

Jules

Every single thing I said applies to Texan fans, regardless of who you're allegiance is. Although one wonders why you would make such a bizarre response if you weren't a Texan fan, but I digress.

And you using "agile" and "Matt Schaub" in the same sentence makes me wonder if you've ever watched football in your life.

There you go again with the underhanded insult Mr. KarlKuffs. You are just full of sunshine & rainbows today aren't you? You still didn't mention how expensive that mind reading product is in the store. It must be some incredible granola bar or something.

Yes, I am well aware that the Colts & the Texans play in the same division the AFC South. All teams ebb & flow talent wise season by season. Why wouldn't I monitor the rise & or fall of teams within our division? It seems like a wise move to me & the Texans in my view are on the way up. They have a lot of nice pieces in place & the Colts won't make the Playoffs for at least 2 years. The time for the Texans to strike is now while INDY is influx & vulnerable.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints had never won a Super Bowl until recent years...And who did they face again? They were slowly on the rise in a division dominated by other teams, just like we were. Things change in time, we cannot base a team's future results just simply on how they performed in the past.

Exactly. But, we can look at what we worked with last season to get a decent idea of what we MIGHT see next season.

Now for Indy I feel it is very difficult with changes almost everywhere. They might be what people expect and be awful in this transition period but IMO they could also be a much more competitive team then people think.

Houston showed me a top 5 D and top 5 run game without their starting QB. Why would I not see potential there?

I don't get all this Texans' hate. Sure, I don't go out of my way to cheer for them, but we have to be realistic. They have built a very strong team. If Schaub stays healthy, I can see them going very far. They won a playoff game with a rookie at QB and yes, it is a big difference between Yates and Schaub because Schaub has much better chemistry with the receivers and has been in the system for a longer time. I don't see anyone threatening them for the AFC South title.

You can be sure that if I started this thread and used the Broncos instead of the Texans then I would have many people in an excited fan frenzy over Denver in full agreement of their potential.

I am also a bit suprised over all the Texans hate too. Very interesting to me.

I'm not saying the Texans are going to be terrible, but they haven't proved to be consistent year in and year out. So I just think it'll be the same.

That's funny... Colts fans blamed losing Peyton Manning before the season even started for its 2-14 season.

We lost. The Texans got to the divisional round. You really think Matt Schaub would have done better?

We lost. The Texans got to the divisional round. You really think Matt Schaub would have done better?

Did you watch the Texans/Ravens game in the divisional round by any chance?

I absolutely believe Schaub could have performed better and thrown more often to the right team. I also believe a healthy Texans team had a great chance to knock off the worst defense in the AFC in the title game. As usual, this is all speculation on my part just as it is with any comment we usually make like these.

Every single thing I said applies to Texan fans, regardless of who you're allegiance is. Although one wonders why you would make such a bizarre response if you weren't a Texan fan, but I digress.

And you using "agile" and "Matt Schaub" in the same sentence makes me wonder if you've ever watched football in your life.

First it sounds like your just trying to get a rise from a Texans fan mixing some truths with some embellishments (such as the Texans are old and broken down), you can spin it however you want it really because the fact is while the Colts were struggling to win two games with a veteran quarterback the Texans were winning with no Andre Johnson with their 3rd string quarterback who happened to be a rookie against defenses such as the Bengals, Falcons and Jaguars defenses all very good defenses and they also won in a blow out against the in the first round of playoffs against the Bengals who also look to be an up and coming team

First it sounds like your just trying to get a rise from a Texans fan mixing some truths with some embellishments (such as the Texans are old and broken down), you can spin it however you want it really because the fact is while the Colts were struggling to win two games with a veteran quarterback the Texans were winning with no Andre Johnson with their 3rd string quarterback who happened to be a rookie against defenses such as the Bengals, Falcons and Jaguars defenses all very good defenses and they also won in a blow against the in the first round of playoffs against the Bengals who also look to be an up and coming team

Texans were my sleeper last year even when Schaub went out. I picked them to beat Cincy on the road in the regular season and Atlanta at home. I was the only one in my group who did.

Just had a feeling that TEAM was better then expected around the QB. And it was.

So there back to the premise of my thread basically. IF Houston maintains it's high defensive performance (top 5) and maintains its top run game (top 5) and adds in a healthy Schaub (and manages to keep Andre in one piece too) then who can't see the potential to possibly dominate the AFC?

I hope I am wrong since I want the Colts to win the South in a shocker, but I am more thinking about second place next season at best. And if we managed that then I would be thrilled. I do think we can pass the Jags though. I am unsure about TN. I find them painfully boring but you never know, they can suprise once in a while.

You can be sure that if I started this thread and used the Broncos instead of the Texans then I would have many people in an excited fan frenzy over Denver in full agreement of their potential.

It's not surprising at all, Texans are in the AFC South just like our Colts of course we are not going to like them(well that's my view on them).you wouldn't see a Raiders fan cheering for the chargers, Or a Cowboys fan talking good about the Redskins. No doesnt work like that it's part of the "unwritten football fan code" to not talk good about another division team lol

First it sounds like your just trying to get a rise from a Texans fan mixing some truths with some embellishments (such as the Texans are old and broken down)

As I stated before, their top 3 weapons all missed multiple games last year due to injury. I challenged anyone to tell me how many quarters they played together over the course of the entire season, and of course nobody wanted to do that. Schaub, in particular, is coming off a very serious foot injury, which he may not even be fully recovered from at the start of the season, and has played a full season 2 times in 5 seasons for the Texans. You may not consider that being broke down. I certainly do

you can spin it however you want it really because the fact is while the Colts were struggling to win two games with a veteran quarterback the Texans were winning with no Andre Johnson with their 3rd string quarterback

What does the Colts performance last have anything whatsoever to do with my prognostication for the Texans next year?

who happened to be a rookie against defenses such as the Bengals, Falcons and Jaguars defenses all very good defenses and they also won in a blow out against the in the first round of playoffs against the Bengals who also look to be an up and coming team

That's great how they did last year, with last years players against last years schedule. As for 2012, I see them going 7-9.

It's not surprising at all, Texans are in the AFC South just like our Colts of course we are not going to like them(well that's my view on them).you wouldn't see a Raiders fan cheering for the chargers, Or a Cowboys fan talking good about the Redskins. No doesnt work like that it's part of the "unwritten football fan code" to not talk good about another division team lol

I have honestly often liked a team like the Texans more then rivals over the years such as the Pats/Chargers/Steelers/Ravens and yes Broncos. Those have been playoff rivals more then not, Houston has been our punching bag.

The Texans have often been like our little brother. Now they are in the big brother position. I think many hate this. But, they have done things the right way overall I feel. They have waited patiently for their turn and never tried to buy a title. They have drafted a lot of good talent. They are not big mouths nor flashy.

I understand the sentiment. I hope we beat them. However at the same time I don't mind if their fans are excited about the team. I don't wave pom poms for Houston in private. I do admire the defensive turnaround though, a main reason I think the potential is there. I give credit where credit is due.

I loved watching the defenses of the Texans and 49ers last year.

I have honestly often liked a team like the Texans more then rivals over the years such as the Pats/Chargers/Steelers/Ravens and yes Broncos. Those have been playoff rivals more then not, Houston has been our punching bag.

The Texans have often been like our little brother. Now they are in the big brother position. I think many hate this. But, they have done things the right way overall I feel. They have waited patiently for their turn and never tried to buy a title. They have drafted a lot of good talent. They are not big mouths nor flashy.

I understand the sentiment. I hope we beat them. However at the same time I don't mind if their fans are excited about the team. I don't wave pom poms for Houston in private. I do admire the defensive turnaround though, a main reason I think the potential is there. I give credit where credit is due.

No, here's what doesn't make sense. Why can't any of this just be objective talk about a random NFL team? Why aren' t the Texans allowed to have areas of weakness, just as every other team in the NFL has, that can be discussed in a thread about how good the Texans will be next year? Just because someone doesn't think the Texans will be a top team in the NFL means they are "haters" now? I mean, if someone comes on here with a Jacksonville Jaguar thread, i'm really going to be a "hater".

I don't view them as a big brother or little brother. I don't view them as anything, just like I don't view the Raiders as anything, or the Seahawks, or the Vikings. I simply don't think they will be a top team next year. Just like I don't think many other teams will be top teams. And I will state as such if/when threads are started about other teams odds of success next year.

The only ridiculous thing going on in this thread is how much of a hissy fit people seem to throw if you don't think their team is going to be as good as they hope their team is going to be.

Those other teams have histories and rivalries that date back a long time. It's really been the Colts on top of the AFC South for the past several years, and no one else. There's no rivalry between the Colts and the Texans, so I don't think there's a rabid dislike of either team by fans on either side. I know I don't dislike any of the teams in our division, or any team in the NFL in general. I root against several of them, but dislike? Not at all.

Those other teams have histories and rivalries that date back a long time. It's really been the Colts on top of the AFC South for the past several years, and no one else. There's no rivalry between the Colts and the Texans, so I don't think there's a rabid dislike of either team by fans on either side. I know I don't dislike any of the teams in our division, or any team in the NFL in general. I root against several of them, but dislike? Not at all.

Trust me I been to every Colts vs Texans game in Houston for the past 6 years and there is a certainly a dislike that Texans fans have for the Colts. Texans do have some of the best fans I ever seen but they be on me when I have my Manning jersey on during games it's pretty funny texans fans do not like the colts down here. There are two teams that Texans fans hate and that's the Cowboys and the Colts. Now i don't know how Colts fans in Indy are towards the Texans but in Houston they don't like the colts

Trust me I been to every Colts vs Texans game in Houston for the past 6 years and there is a certainly a dislike that Texans fans have for the Colts. Texans do have some of the best fans I ever seen but they be on me when I have my Manning jersey on during games it's pretty funny texans fans do not like the colts down here. There are two teams that Texans fans hate and that's the Cowboys and the Colts. Now i don't know how Colts fans in Indy are towards the Texans but in Houston they don't like the colts

Well that's because the Texans can't beat us, lol. I never seen the Texans as a rivalry either.

Did you watch the Texans/Ravens game in the divisional round by any chance?

I absolutely believe Schaub could have performed better and thrown more often to the right team. I also believe a healthy Texans team had a great chance to knock off the worst defense in the AFC in the title game. As usual, this is all speculation on my part just as it is with any comment we usually make like these.

Schaub got beat by the Texans. Sorry but I think the Texans 10-6 season is overblown. They had a 3rd place schedule. Let's see how they handle a first place schedule.

4-2 against the AFCS

2-2 against the AFCE

0-2 against the AFCW&N

1-3 against the NFCN

No, here's what doesn't make sense. Why can't any of this just be objective talk about a random NFL team? Why aren' t the Texans allowed to have areas of weakness, just as every other team in the NFL has, that can be discussed in a thread about how good the Texans will be next year? Just because someone doesn't think the Texans will be a top team in the NFL means they are "haters" now? I mean, if someone comes on here with a Jacksonville Jaguar thread, i'm really going to be a "hater".

I don't view them as a big brother or little brother. I don't view them as anything, just like I don't view the Raiders as anything, or the Seahawks, or the Vikings. I simply don't think they will be a top team next year. Just like I don't think many other teams will be top teams. And I will state as such if/when threads are started about other teams odds of success next year.

The only ridiculous thing going on in this thread is how much of a hissy fit people seem to throw if you don't think their team is going to be as good as they hope their team is going to be.

As many have explained to you, you are the one being ridiculous. Go back to page 1 and look at my FIRST post. Did I say "HECK YEAH we'll be the top team!" No. Guess what, my whole post was based around potential problems we could have. As I've also stated, deep down you want the Texans to do poorly, for your own gratification, I've seen it in your posts. You = Texans hater. You're bitter about something, I don't know what, maybe the pride we show now that we're a contender, I don't really care. It's one thing to discuss openly the future success or failure of a team, but it's another thing entirely when one person already had a supreme bias against them.

The reason I know this is because you have never conceded that we might do well next year. You have it cemented in your brain from self-propoganda that we will crash and burn.

There was a huge thread on the most hated team in the division over at the Texans forum, it was a unanimous vote for the Titans. Qwiz can back me up on this, I'm sure he hates them far more than the Colts.

But I do hate on the Cowboys my fair share.

There was a huge thread on the most hated team in the division over at the Texans forum, it was a unanimous vote for the Titans. Qwiz can back me up on this, I'm sure he hates them far more than the Colts.

That's only because they took the oilers from houston..that's mostly the older Houston fans that grew up admiring the Oilers(my daddy and uncles) but as for recently(past 6,7 years) its the Colts and Cowboys that they hate the most down here

That's only because they took the oilers from houston..that's mostly the older Houston fans that grew up admiring the Oilers(my daddy and uncles) but as for recently(past 6,7 years) its the Colts and Cowboys that they hate the most down here

Alright well...I'm 24 and I hate the Titans. I don't even hate the Colts.

Alright well...I'm 24 and I hate the Titans. I don't even hate the Colts.

Cowboys are the most hated by texans fans but it's alot of Cowboys fans here that it just about evens out. But it's the funniest thing in the world to here them two fans argue haha

Exactly. But, we can look at what we worked with last season to get a decent idea of what we MIGHT see next season.

Now for Indy I feel it is very difficult with changes almost everywhere. They might be what people expect and be awful in this transition period but IMO they could also be a much more competitive team then people think.

Houston showed me a top 5 D and top 5 run game without their starting QB. Why would I not see potential there?

I agree. You had arguably the biggest offseason after the Broncos by acquiring Andrew Luck. Based on your draft and the releasing of players who might have been too expensive and not productive enough, I think that the Colts are looking at a future that will be much brighter than many people seem to think.

You sure? I think I have some red and blue pom poms that you can borrow. :cheer:

Yep. The fans here in Houston don't mind the Colts at all. We know you guys have killed us consistently for the past decade, but that was basically the norm. We do, however, hate the Titans lol...Or maybe it is strong dislike. Titans just make me feel like I need to squeeze one of those anger balls lol.

Maybe a lot of the fans down here just don't like Manning. Beating the Colts in 2010 was similar to a playoff game to us, but that's only because you guys are/were the big brother. We do hate the Cowboys and Titans, however. That much I will not deny.

Yes...The Titans and Cowboys have the dirtiest players and the most haughty fans. I haven't met a single Texans fan who also rooted for those other teams hahaha. And I'm 19 years old and I still just have this disdain for the Titans instilled in me lol.

I am not sure any of us ever stated the Texans were going to be a dream team. Just that the potential is there to be a top team. Now I have also stated that injuries etc. could kill them again and I often say IF their D carries over from last year. Of course we never know what can happen in any given season. Right? But, at the same time it is the offseason and I try to sometimes start discussions because basically there is not much else to talk about outside of Gonzo getting cut/Luck almost being signed/how many games will the Colts win next year part 500/Irsay's strange tweets and Manning having a healthy bowel movement at the Denver complex and how strong it looked to reporters who caught a top secret glimpse.

I have a strong irrational hatred I think towards the Jaguars. Maybe less now that JDR is gone. That man irritated me something awful. That whole team does.....there is something insanely unlikeable to me about them. Oh and they usually run all over the Colts too so that never helps.

Bud Adams is also one of the creepiest men on the planet.

Dear everyone hates the Cowboys. But, I have a soft spot for Romo. Perhaps I am superficial and think he is slightly attractive? Not sure.

I agree. You had arguably the biggest offseason after the Broncos by acquiring Andrew Luck. Based on your draft and the releasing of players who might have been too expensive and not productive enough, I think that the Colts are looking at a future that will be much brighter than many people seem to think.

Truth fellow poster. Truth.

You sure? I think I have some red and blue pom poms that you can borrow. :cheer:

You can bet I was rooting for Houston in the playoffs. I knew you guys were done in Baltimore though with the rookie QB train. It looked far too easy for NE to waltz into the SB. I thought Baltimore might be able to do it but they did it again.....the usual gag job. If they had homefield I believe they would have been in the SB. The season was open for them and they blew it.

You can bet I was rooting for Houston in the playoffs. I knew you guys were done in Baltimore though with the rookie QB train. It looked far too easy for NE to waltz into the SB. I thought Baltimore might be able to do it but they did it again.....the usual gag job. If they had homefield I believe they would have been in the SB. The season was open for them and they blew it.

Yep. I was on the other side of the spectrum though hahaha, at the time I was still feeling a little bitter about the Texans loss so I was pulling for NE. Poor Baltimore...if only Flacco could perform in the clutch hahaha. They still would have lost to Eli and that Giants line in the SB though I think.

Yep. I was on the other side of the spectrum though hahaha, at the time I was still feeling a little bitter about the Texans loss so I was pulling for NE. Poor Baltimore...if only Flacco could perform in the clutch hahaha. They still would have lost to Eli and that Giants line in the SB though I think.

Not sure but I did take the Giants in the SB. I don't know who I would have taken between Ravens/Giants. I might have pulled for Ray Ray to get another ring though and a top defensive team to win the title.

Not sure but I did take the Giants in the SB. I don't know who I would have taken between Ravens/Giants. I might have pulled for Ray Ray to get another ring though and a top defensive to win the title.

Can you imagine the media coverage for that one? " Two quarterbacks, reclusive yet believing in themselves, will attempt to silence their doubters in the House of Manning. Two monster defenses will, however, try to keep them from doing so." I would not have minded the game, but I love watching Brady play and the whole rematch thing was pretty cool. If the Ravens had won that game, just imagine, that defense would have become legendary and many would probably place Flacco right behind Manning and Brady in the AFC.

jacoby.gif

Me too, brah. Me too.

I don't hate the Texans, they aren't good enough to hate. Now if you talk about the Patriots or the Chargers, yah, I hate them the Texans are just overrated so far and I don't see any change next season. I won't go into the Broncos, I'd have to agree and I don't want to do that....lol!!

I don't hate the Texans, they aren't good enough to hate. Now if you talk about the Patriots or the Chargers, yah, I hate them the Texans are just overrated so far and I don't see any change next season. I won't go into the Broncos, I'd have to agree and I don't want to do that....lol!!

OMG talk about overrated...the Chargers are perennial Super Bowl Champs every March haha

I am not sure any of us ever stated the Texans were going to be a dream team. Just that the potential is there to be a top team.

I agree, the potential is there but so far they haven't risen to the top levels.

Dear everyone hates the Cowboys.

I lived in Dallas 14 years during the Aikman glory years and managed to avoid being smitten with "Americas" team but I didn't hate them, I respected them. The longer Jerry Jones controls them the less respect I have for them.

OMG talk about overrated...the Chargers are perennial Super Bowl Champs every March haha

Sorry, I wasn't clear about them because for years the Chargers blocked the Colts in the playoffs.

It's personal and has nothing to do with potential, statistics, or players--except Rivers. I reeeeally don't like Philip Rivers.

I actually like the Texans, I just wish they would finish the job they start and not fade in the homestretch.

Sorry, I wasn't clear about them because for years the Chargers blocked the Colts in the playoffs.

It's personal and has nothing to do with potential, statistics, or players--except Rivers. I reeeeally don't like Philip Rivers.

I actually like the Texans, I just wish they would finish the job they start and not fade in the homestretch.

We faced the Chargers 3 times total in the playoffs 53 years, how is that blocking the Colts for years, they did beat us 2 of three times but, if you want to look at a team thats blocked us, look no further then Ty Law and his 11 interceptions against Manning for his career and the Patriots

Nobody took anybody. If Houston loved the Oilers so much then they would of gave them a new stadium. Just like Indy never took the Colts.

Nobody took anybody. If Houston loved the Oilers so much then they would of gave them a new stadium. Just like Indy never took the Colts.

Down here in Houston them Oilers were loved dearly and when Bud Adams sold the team fans were really upset that's why the Texans came like 6 years later

We faced the Chargers 3 times total in the playoffs 53 years, how is that blocking the Colts for years, they did beat us 2 of three times but, if you want to look at a team thats blocked us, look no further then Ty Law and his 11 interceptions against Manning for his career and the Patriots

You got it, 2008 and 2009 are the years I was talking about when the Chargers were heavy underdogs. Yes many years with the Patriots in the way but that is the way it's supposed to be, the Colts and the Patriots in the best game this side of the Super Bowl for over 10 years. I respect a well coached disciplined team like the Patriots but I don't have to like them. The Chargers have none of that in my opinion and like I said, it's personal and I will never dislike a team more than the San Diego Chargers.