Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams were losers in the draft...

bap1331

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-draft-2012-st-louis-rams-plenty-dealing-washington-redskins-dallas-cowboys-reload-article-1.1069147

really interesting article. They could have gotten Richardson. Apparently they had planned to get Blackmon after that trade. and then the Jaguars got ahead and picked him up. Jeff Fisher was super mad.

In the end though, they got 3 first round picks and a 2nd rounder, so their future is secure..lol. They need an explosive

If i were them, i would have waited longer. Everyone knows the Redskins are fools when it comes to free agency and giving up picks. So they could cough up more...jk,.

Ahh, now it makes sense then why the Rams kept trading down. If Blackmon was their objective from day one to give Bradford an elite weapon, it makes sense then that they went to a plan B after they couldn't get him and opted to think to the future rather than the present.

So how did they lose? Traded picks for more picks, sounds pretty good to me.

The final line sums up the writer's reasoning:

"This was a draft that had six elite players and the Rams didn't get any of them despite starting off in the No. 2 spot."

The Rams may well have been disappointed, but I've heard Blackman compared to players like Anquan Bolden. He may have been the best WR prospect in the draft, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a superstar. Perhaps they should have just stayed there and taken Michael Floyd.

And what if Jenkins ends up being better than Clairborne - will the Cowboys still be applauded for giving up a SECOND round pick to move up? It's a little early to condemn the Rams, and they still have two extra #1s coming.

The Rams may well have been disappointed, but I've heard Blackman compared to players like Anquan Bolden. He may have been the best WR prospect in the draft, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a superstar. Perhaps they should have just stayed there and taken Michael Floyd.

And what if Jenkins ends up being better than Clairborne - will the Cowboys still be applauded for giving up a SECOND round pick to move up? It's a little early to condemn the Rams, and they still have two extra #1s coming.

I've heard that if Blackmon was to be in last year's draft, he would have been the 3rd WR taken behind Green and Julio Jones. He is a good prospect, but doesn't blow you away. As for Floyd, I've heard comparisons between him and Fitz and Bucky Brooks said he believes Floyd will be the best WR from this draft

If Janoris Jenkins pans out, the Rams had a very good draft. If he does not, a lot of questions will be raised.

One thing about Jeff Fisher, he gets more out of his players than people give him credit for, and his DBs and DLs play physical. Expect Rams to run the ball a lot and play like the 49ers more on D in style (not sure if they will match in talent everywhere) while taking shots in the passing game off play action.

If Janoris Jenkins pans out, the Rams had a very good draft. If he does not, a lot of questions will be raised.

One thing about Jeff Fisher, he gets more out of his players than people give him credit for, and his DBs and DLs play physical. Expect Rams to run the ball a lot and play like the 49ers more on D in style (not sure if they will match in talent everywhere) while taking shots in the passing game off play action.

I dont see how Jenkins raises questions at #39... its not like that tool him in the 1st round. Brain Quick at #33 is more questioning imo, despite him being considered the #3 Wr by some analysts.