Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Colts trade Flacco

Patrick Miller

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

To see improvement.  Why else. 

Certainly not to get all sloppy over a possible result.

People have different definitions of crappy football, and different reasons for watching football.  For years, you've acted like the forum patrolman trying to run off people who don't enjoy things for the same reasons you do.  

You haven't enjoyed anything since you've been here.    After the back and forth with Superman about the game plan,  I highly doubt you even watch the games

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You haven't enjoyed anything since you've been here.    After the back and forth with Superman about the game plan,  I highly doubt you even watch the games

I enjoyed the first few years with Luck, and then we've been 500 for the rest of the years.

But what standards have you laid down for the rest of us?  Please tell me your Honorable Fan Judge.  I'm lost without your guidance.

Of course like with everything else it depends on the return, but for what would be coonsidered reasonable return - I'd say no... don't do it. We signed him for a reason and that reason is even more valid now than it was before. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

A better point is that its still unlikely we make the playoffs if he plays.  And, does anybody really care about watching a one and done road playoff game?  Yawn.

We only have to win 5 more  games to have same record as last season. Thst is 50%. That will get us close. And having basically a rookie at QB that is pretty good. Bills were 6-11 Josh Allen’s rookie year. 

Why are so many of you wanting to take some fans optimism about the future go away. It does nothing to dwell on the future with him. Let’s  see where we are by the end of season. Next year is actually the year to watch because he will have an entire off season to work on his mechanics which he wasn’t able to this past off season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We only have to win 5 more  games to have same record as last season. Thst is 50%. That will get us close. And having basically a rookie at QB that is pretty good. Bills were 6-11 Josh Allen’s rookie year. 

Why are so many of you wanting to take some fans optimism about the future go away. It does nothing to dwell on the future with him. Let’s  see where we are by the end of season. Next year is actually the year to watch because he will have an entire off season to work on his mechanics which he wasn’t able to this past off season.

If you're going to lecture others how to think, please comprehend how others think correctly first so you don't misrepresent them before you lecture them.

I tend not to practice relativism in order to feel better.  I don't feel better if we compare favorably to a 6-11 team.

The future is what this season is about.  Keeping Flacco would be about maximizing the present.  Since the present is likely mediocre with or without Flacco, there is no reason to keep Flacco if he has value in a trade (which is highly questionable anyway) 

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If you're going to lecture others how to think, please comprehend how others think correctly first so you don't misrepresent them before you lecture them.

I tend not to practice relativism in order to feel better.  I don't feel better if we compare favorably to a 6-11 team.

The future is what this season is about.  Keeping Flacco would be about maximizing the present.  Since the present is likely mediocre with or without Flacco, there is no reason to keep Flacco if he has value in a trade (which is highly questionable anyway) 

Your the one lecturing everyone 

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Your the one lecturing everyone 

Nope.  I'm the one defending my opinion, and swatting away stupid attacks about fandom.

Its very simple.  AR and this season is about the future.  That's not lecturing how you should think, its a reflection of how I think.  Flacco is about the present.

I tend to keep it straight every minute of every game throughout the season, and don't go back and forth about wanting to install the QB who gives us the best chance to win today and the QB who needs to play to improve the future. 

We can dump the QB that might give us the best chance to win the next game.  If he has any reasonable value.  That's how I see it.

The entire offseason was about continuity. Why would the team start blowing this before the season is half over?  It’s not like the team is bombing the season. They could be 1st in the division on Monday morning. Let’s not rock the boat and line up our best against their best and see how it plays out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I just read an article proposing that the Colts should trade Flacco to the browns for a 6th round pick in the 2025 draft.  What say you? 

Dumbest thing I’ve heard all season…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nope.  I'm the one defending my opinion, and swatting away stupid attacks about fandom.

Its very simple.  AR and this season is about the future.  That's not lecturing how you should think, its a reflection of how I think.  Flacco is about the present.

I tend to keep it straight every minute of every game throughout the season, and don't go back and forth about wanting to install the QB who gives us the best chance to win today and the QB who needs to play to improve the future. 

We can dump the QB that might give us the best chance to win the next game.  If he has any reasonable value.  That's how I see it.

This is an odd thread because I haven't seen 1 person in here that has ever mentioned wanting to trade Flacco. If AR goes down again, we would be screwed without him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why are so many of you wanting to take some fans optimism about the future go away.

Do you really think members are here to mess with others' feelings?  That's not why I signed up to be a member......like 13 years ago?  I don't giggle over others' potential misery, mainly because I don't care about their misery, or positivity, and wouldn't waste time with how they feel.

I tend to get optimistic only when the team is playing consistent .750 winning percentage throughout the season, only if those wins come from the team's own competence, which means the winning is sustainable into the next season.  Sorry if that seems to you like its a lesser way to participate in a forum.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is an odd thread because I haven't seen 1 person in here that has ever mentioned wanting to trade Flacco. If AR goes down again, we would be screwed without him.

I thought of it about 10 days ago, but didn't mention it.   So that's why I'm participating.   There is actual reasonable dialogue underneath all of the noise about whether or not this season is about the future or the present.  I don't think it can be about both, because the end result will be limited by a low ceiling either way.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I haven’t heard anyone bring up trading him but If AR goes down most here have said the season will be lost anyway even with Flacco at the helm. I was just curious what they would say. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought about this when Watson went down for the season in Cleveland. He might know their playbook still under Stefanski and we could get a 4th rounder or something. I don't expect us to trade him though as we are still technically competing for the playoffs and AR is injury-prone.

• Like 1

At 4-3, with a starter coming off a concussion and a separated shoulder from last season? Not to mention a hip injury from this season?

How could they possibly suggest this? Unless they're just stirring stuff up for poops and giggles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I thought about this when Watson went down for the season in Cleveland. He might know their playbook still under Stefanski and we could get a 4th rounder or something. I don't expect us to trade him though as we are still technically competing for the playoffs and AR is injury-prone.

They have Winston. He is younger and has more big play Capability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That's what they do.    Miserable folks.  Post the same thing over and over.   Hoping the team fails so they can be right.   I choose to hope for better play while also acknowledging the team has faults.    Some negative  Nellie's here have an agenda.  A few of them have admitted to it.   

23 minutes ago, jemack said:

At 4-3, with a starter coming off a concussion and a separated shoulder from last season? Not to mention a hip injury from this season?

How could they possibly suggest this? Unless they're just stirring stuff up for poops and giggles.

Who knows?  Some here think we should roll with Sam.  They don't get it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I thought of it about 10 days ago, but didn't mention it.   So that's why I'm participating.   There is actual reasonable dialogue underneath all of the noise about whether or not this season is about the future or the present.  I don't think it can be about both, because the end result will be limited by a low ceiling either way.

I figured it was pretty clear what the plan was once Flacco balled out, had the media frothing that he should be starter, and Steichen said AR was the guy. And unlike the Panthers, Shane has so far kept his word. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

It wasn't a good idea 10 days ago either.  Flacco this year is worth more to the Colts than a 6th round pick.   If it was a 4th, then they should consider it.  

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I figured it was pretty clear what the plan was once Flacco balled out, had the media frothing that he should be starter, and Steichen said AR was the guy. And unlike the Panthers, Shane has so far kept his word. 

As he should.   AR should play when healthy.   But Joe can win games if AR is hurt

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They must want an early playoff disqualification. Unlike a slow, agonizing, week 16 disqualification. The kind we like... 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

IMO, there is no reason to play Flacco if AR is healthy.  The only reason to play Flacco when AR is not healthy is to win that specific game, which does nothing for the future,   IMO, anybody who would be hopeful we make the playoffs probably still doesn't expect the Colts to make any noise in the playoffs with either AR or Flacco.

I don't know why it would be important to have a winning record or to make a playoff game this season. unless some here want it as data for an argument they are preparing to make later.   

With playing either or both AR/Flacco to stay competitive, I don't see why there is hope of making the playoffs at the same time I read how awful Gus and the scheme is.  The way the opinions about the defense read, its like Gus precludes us from being a playoff team, especially with comments about "Ballard's sucky secondary" all preseason and all season long. 

Its a weirdly conflicting set of opinions.  Its like when talking about the QBs and hope of making the playoffs this season, they completely forgot about the comments about Gus, the secondary, and the D they made 5 minutes ago in another thread. 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I haven't read anybody saying we should roll with Sam.  I think some have said they don't care if we roll with Sam.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I haven't read anybody saying we should roll with Sam.  I think some have said they don't care if we roll with Sam.

Yeah well,  it's obviously not gonna happen.   It's a terrible idea.   

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

IMO, there is no reason to play Flacco if AR is healthy.  The only reason to play Flacco when AR is not healthy is to win that specific game, which does nothing for the future,   IMO, anybody who would be hopeful we make the playoffs probably still doesn't expect the Colts to make any noise in the playoffs with either AR or Flacco.

I don't know why it would be important to have a winning record or to make a playoff game this season. unless some here want it as data for an argument they are preparing to make later.   

With playing either or both AR/Flacco to stay competitive, I don't see why there is hope of making the playoffs at the same time I read how awful Gus and the scheme is.  The way the opinions about the defense read, its like Gus precludes us from being a playoff team, especially with comments about "Ballard's sucky secondary" all preseason and all season long.   Its a weirdly conflicting set of opinions.

So you don't watch the games.   That's what I figured.   

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Chloe (RIP)    With all due respect     In the game threads you have been bashing everything about the team.      Once the game is over you come back to reality.    

BTW I love this post.  PLEASE remember it when things are not going our way to not go to the dark side  

Where is the Tiger time dude.    He makes a lot of sense 

3 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Chloe (RIP)    With all due respect     In the game threads you have been bashing everything about the team.      Once the game is over you come back to reality.    

BTW I love this post.  PLEASE remember it when things are not going our way to not go to the dark side  

Well when they are playing bad they will get ripped. If you don’t see the difference of what the game thread is then I don’t have anything to say. We are following the game play by play. So there will be emotions play by play.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So you don't watch the games.   That's what I figured.   

You're figuring is usually way off.  I've watched and probably will watch every game this season.  Like most seasons.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

You're figuring is usually way off.  I've watched and probably will watch every game this season.  Like most seasons.

You didn't know the plays in the first half until someone posted them.   You apologized to Superman after it was posted

21 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

@PrincetonTiger has not been around in a long time… 😕

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I've noticed that as well.   I hope all is well in tiger town

We’ve lost a lot of great posters over the years. Their absence is felt greatly. I miss the days of analysis, @Superman’s weekly grades… 

Now it’s just this drivel we’re stuck with.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well when they are playing bad they will get ripped. If you don’t see the difference of what the game thread is then I don’t have anything to say. We are following the game play by play. So there will be emotions play by play.

Yea I get it.  But you can't let your emotions turn you into Cybil       Understand the big picture.    But then again it's my fault for even thinking that i can expect a logical convo in the Game Day thread.  Sometimes I think it has to be embarrassing for some in that thread later in the day