Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts Goals this year?

Patrick Miller

Would you agree that the Colts have chosen to give AR reps/experience and keep Bradley in effect giving us a top 5 draft pick?……over starting Flacco and trying to improve the defense (jettisoning Bradley) so we can win NOW and have a chance in the playoffs? I mean, if Richardson DOESNT pan out and we do have a top five draft pick I guess we can draft his replacement. Or if he DOES improve his accuracy/decision making and it looks like he may pan out we could use that top five draft pick to improve the defense. Steichen said yesterday “ we are trying to win football games. That is the bottom line.” . I don’t buy it. what say u?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Would you agree that the Colts have chosen to give AR reps/experience and keep Bradley in effect giving us a top 5 draft pick?……over starting Flacco and trying to improve the defense (jettisoning Bradley) so we can win NOW and have a chance in the playoffs? I mean, if Richardson DOESNT pan out and we do have a top five draft pick I guess we can draft his replacement. Or if he DOES improve his accuracy/decision making and it looks like he may pan out we could use that top five draft pick to improve the defense. Steichen said yesterday “ we are trying to win football games. That is the bottom line.” . I don’t buy it. what say u?

They are always trying to win football games.  When we used to rest players at the end of the season (in the Manning years), they always said they were trying to win.  

But they weren’t doing everything they could to win.  Same here.  Shane is trying to win.  

I dont know what the H Gus and Ballard are trying to do.  So you may be 100% right for ll I know.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

If they’re intentionally tanking basically, that would mean their jobs are safe for next year. Unless Ballard and Bradley just want to get fired on purpose. That seems extremely unlikely to me. 

So the real goal of this season? The same goal we were supposed to have last year before the stupid Titans game: figure out if AR is the guy. And if he’s not then we have to start the search all over again. 

I’ve got a bad feeling about this game. Here we are in week 6 facing the Titans (week 5 last year). 

• Like 1

You would think the main goals are to win as many games as possible and hopefully find out if they have anything in AR by season's end and fingers crossed we don't end up with a middle of the road draft pick and the realisation AR isn't progressing as hoped! 

7 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Steichen is trying to win every game he can.   It was only a year ago he had all the excuses to try to tank and give the team a top 10 pick.  Maybe even top 5.   But the Colts almost went 10-7 and finished with the 15th overall pick.   

I’ll predict this….  Even if AR plays every game the rest of the way,  the Colts will NOT finish with a top-5 pick.   Maybe top-10,  but not top-5.   

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Steichen is trying to win every game he can.   It was only a year ago he had all the excuses to try to tank and give the team a top 10 pick.  Maybe even top 5.   But the Colts almost went 10-7 and finished with the 15th overall pick.   

I’ll predict this….  Even if AR plays every game the rest of the way,  the Colts will NOT finish with a top-5 pick.   Maybe top-10,  but not top-5.   

Should be interesting to see. I just don’t see us winning more than 4 or 5 games.

10 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

troll GIF