Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierce and Patience

csmopar

Alec Pierce. 

this kid is proving me wrong and proving that one has to have patience and let players grow into their roles. I was ready to cut him last season but suddenly, it seems that his route running, his speed and his talents are all coming together finally. 

just puts the whole let’s have patience thing into perspective.

keep it up Alec

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That jumping one handed tip to himself was absolutely spectacular! 

https://www.colts.com/video/alec-pierce-s-best-plays-from-134-yard-game-vs-jaguars-week-5

Also, his TD catch was brilliant!  He made a slight move after the catch, then just kicked on the afterburners.  He has really reached his potential this year and it's awesome to watch.  He was also robbed of his first TD.   There was absolutely ZERO evidence that would overturn the call of a TD.  What a nonsense call.

• Like 2

Just now, Smonroe said:

All that and he’s a willing blocker too.  

They should try that bomb once a quarter.  

I was thinking the same thing.    Minimum once a quarter.  No reason not too.  We don't have Minshew anymore,  so there's no excuse not to.   It will open up the run too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I was thinking the same thing.    Minimum once a quarter.  No reason not too.  We don't have Minshew anymore,  so there's no excuse not to.   It will open up the run too.

Max protect, and AR or Joe can make the throw.  

It opens everything up underneath.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

this kid is proving me wrong and proving that one has to have patience and let players grow into their roles

Players are never allowed to grow into their roles here because soon as they’re drafted they’re expected to play right away because our GM doesn’t believe in FA.