Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Titans predictions (merged)

Smonroe

8 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

It's interesting. I saw a short CBS Sports segment analyzing Anthony Richardson's accuracy issues. If I understood it correctly, it highlight two things he should work on based on QB Guru Tom House's principles: 1) not getting his feet too close together before throwing and then having to take a long stride during which his head drops, causing throws to sail high, and 2) not consistently aligning his feet, hips, and shoulders (his whole body) toward the target. If that second part is right, it's not what he's practicing in the short video from yesterday that you commented on. His feet and upper body don't appear to be aligned toward the target as he does that kind of sidearm motion of his.  

Here's the short segment where they're talking about Richardson's accuracy and mechanics:  

What he's doing in the practice clip from yesterday doesn't really relate to the footwork stuff in this video. In those practice clips, he's just practicing quick throws, like RPO quick hitters, which are often thrown when there's a free rusher coming toward the QB. The QB will often make a quick throw off his back foot in those situations. It might seem counter intuitive to practice unconventional footwork when we know Richardson needs to be more disciplined with his footwork, but there's an obvious reason they practice those quick throws that way.

The stuff they're talking about in this video is more relevant to some of the intermediate throws that have sailed on Richardson, like the INT in the Bears game that went over Pittman's head. He wasn't lined up properly, he was closed off to the left and had to throw across his body, and he compensated with a ton of upper body torque -- enough to completely lift himself off the ground. The result was a reckless arm angle, and an inaccurate throw. Worst part about it is he had plenty of time to get properly lined up and make an accurate throw. 

Watch his second big throw to Pittman in the Steelers game. Not the opening throw to the left, the one on the second drive, to the right. When he hits the back of his drop, his base is wide and steady, he has to make some slight movement in the pocket but his base stays consistent, and then he does his sidearm throwing motion that everyone thinks he should never do, but it's an even strike, through traffic, right to Pittman. It's an example of Richardson following the prescribed footwork plan, from the pocket.

So when people say stuff like 'I haven't seen any change/improvement from last season,' it's not accurate. In fact, Richardson has never been completely devoid of solid fundamentals. Much like everyone else, the issue is with consistency, especially in live situations. Which is why young players need to play...

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If your so hurt they were considering IR your not back in the practjbe field the next day. This is not making Pittman look good. I hope there is something we are missing here.

Does anyone know that the team was considering IR? 

There's a major disconnect between what's been reported, and what's actually happened so far. I'd say there's much we don't know, and just appreciate that Pittman appears to be taking a shot at playing this week when we thought he was going to be out for a while. I don't know how him practicing today is being looked at as a negative. That's pretty cynical. 

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If your so hurt they were considering IR your not back in the practjbe field the next day. This is not making Pittman look good. I hope there is something we are missing here.

Our 2006 team, everyone played with injuries no matter what. Bob was really the only one that was out a lot, but in the playoffs he sucked it up and played. Players were tougher back then. I remember Marvin playing with a bad hamstring for 2 weeks straight. I remember when Brackett injured his knee but kept playing anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

There's a major disconnect between what's been reported, and what's actually happened so far. I'd say there's much we don't know, and just appreciate that Pittman appears to be taking a shot at playing this week when we thought he was going to be out for a while. I don't know how him practicing today is being looked at as a negative. That's pretty cynical. 

That’s possible that Adam S had bad sources. But it’s crazy when you hear players in the locker room yesterday  basically talking about missing him. But then you look at Reggie’s quote and something is just off.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I never heard the Colts were placing him on IR, also never heard he had a broken vertebrae. People will believe anything they read I guess chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never heard the Colts were placing him on IR, also never heard he had a broken vertebrae. People will believe anything they read I guess chuckling homer simpson GIF

Adam S said IR was a possibility. But Mike Chappell yesterday on radio said colts believed just a couple weeks 

Taylor the only one ruled out is nice 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s possible that Adam S had bad sources. But it’s crazy when you hear players in the locker room yesterday  basically talking about missing him. But then you look at Reggie’s quote and something is just off.

Seriously Pittman is probably one of the toughest players on offense. If he says he’s hurt, he’s probably worse than he’s saying because he plays hard and takes the hits. 

side note I swear ever since Antonio Pierce said “business decisions” it has been echoed all over this forum, like it’s the new cool thing to say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Seriously Pittman is probably one of the toughest players on offense. If he says he’s hurt, he’s probably worse than he’s saying because he plays hard and takes the hits. 

side note I swear ever since Antonio Pierce said “business decisions” it has been echoed all over this forum, like it’s the new cool thing to say. 

It's more that Pierce exposed the NFL a bit with the players side, and even though he tried to walk it back, the cat is out of the bag now. It's not random fans making up a conspiracy theory. It's someone in the inner circle saying it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I don’t say that lightly. Because questioning a players toughness is a bad thing. In this case between the Reggie quotes and him being on the practice field the next day it did look strange. But it looks like shefty might of had it wrong.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor being out is annoying, he is becoming like Faulk was here. Sit out over a stubbed toe was Faulk.

Taylor is an example of why many teams don't sign a RB to a second large contract.  They just go back into the draft.

Either way Taylor is getting older now and the injuries may be more frequent as time goes on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor being out is annoying, he is becoming like Faulk was here. Sit out over a stubbed toe was Faulk.

Sorry 2006, this is ignorant nonsense.

A high ankle sprain, even if it's not severe, is traditionally a multi-week injury. Taylor being out two weeks is typical for this kind of injury. 

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

Sorry 2006, this is ignorant nonsense.

A high ankle sprain, even if it's not severe, is traditionally a multi-week injury. Taylor being out two weeks is typical for this kind of injury. 

I have seen players play through that way in the past was my point. When Taylor originally got injured, he wanted to go back in the game vs Pitt. Shane even said it wasn't severe. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Flacco is that good lmao 

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather have  Flacco but I’m starting Richardson in a fantasy football league. I need to know whether to switch him out or not.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Make titans think 

I’m sure they’re preparing for either scenario

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather have  Flacco but I’m starting Richardson in a fantasy football league. I need to know whether to switch him out or not.

That is tough, I played Fantasy Football through a 12 team league on Yahoo from 2014-2019 and the game time decisions are a pain. I won my league in 2018 with Andrew at QB lol, but I won the final game because the guy I was playing against didn't have Gurley who was ruled out right at game time, it screwed him big time.chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1