Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AD Mitchell

Solid84

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

He's open, now he just needs to get the ball in his hands.

He needs to catch the ball too. Twice this season he should’ve laid out for a pass, but pulled up. This is not an NFL receiver until he learns this and can do it week in and week out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

He needs to catch the ball too. Twice this season he should’ve laid out for a pass, but pulled up. This is not an NFL receiver until he learns this and can do it week in and week out. 

2 drops that would have resulted in 1st downs. 

I believe he is going to be a good receiver but replacing Pierce as stated by some is nonsense.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad Flacco got game time with him last Sunday. It showed that it wasn't Richardson being the issue and AD needs to continue putting the work in. We have alot of good things to look forward to on offense.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Just my perception after very limited observations - AD looks like he is hearing footsteps on some of his routes and pulling up somewhat. Hope I am wrong, but that is the impression I was left with.

It seems that way to me also. He seems to pull up every time a DB gets near him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

2 drops that would have resulted in 1st downs. 

I believe he is going to be a good receiver but replacing Pierce as stated by some is nonsense.  

I was one of the people who thought he’d replace AP based off the possibility of him producing more.  Needless to say I was wrong.  From what I see it’s a little bit of him getting missed or him not making the extra effort to bring the ball down.   

But either way there will be a time someone does get replaced because him being at the top of separation stats as a rookie is insane.  As said, he needs to put it together and that also includes blocking.  But when he does put it together, he’s going to be a dog.  

I'm not worried about AD, ironically his problem is the same as ARs. He needs more reps with the QB to get timing down and how they like routes run, but he's also 4th in the depth chart behind Pittman, Downs, and Pierce so he isn't getting as many reps to build that rapport. As the season goes on I'm sure we will see improvement and more receptions, he's getting the separation which is huge. Remember he's still just a rookie going into his 5th game. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I was one of the people who thought he’d replace AP based off the possibility of him producing more.  Needless to say I was wrong.  From what I see it’s a little bit of him getting missed or him not making the extra effort to bring the ball down.   

But either way there will be a time someone does get replaced because him being at the top of separation stats as a rookie is insane.  As said, he needs to put it together and that also includes blocking.  But when he does put it together, he’s going to be a dog.  

Once he gets used to the speed of the NFL, he will be fine. 

I was being a little sarcastic with my comment.  There were a few who said he would the 3rd WR and take APs spot right away.  AP isn't going anywhere anytime soon IMO.