Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TE’s

Colts1324

We have the lowest amount of targets to TE’s in the league right now. 10 total targets through 4 games. TE’s are typically a young QB’s best friend, so I find it odd. 

Goedert had his two best seasons in Philadelphia with Shane calling the plays. 

The TE curls, drags, etc are called often by almost every other team across the league. 

Is it the RPO’s? The lack of trust/talent in our TE group? Any advanced statistics on how deep our TE’s are running their routes? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

We have the lowest amount of targets to TE’s in the league right now. 10 total targets through 4 games. TE’s are typically a young QB’s best friend, so I find it odd. 

The TE curls, drags, etc are called often by almost every other team across the league. 

Is it the RPO’s? The lack of trust/talent in our TE group? Any advanced statistics on how deep our TE’s are running their routes? 

Tight end play is down throughout the league, it could be that defenses are covering them better or offensives just don’t use them as much for some reason, but it’s not just us.

14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Tight end play is down throughout the league, it could be that defenses are covering them better or offensives just don’t use them as much for some reason, but it’s not just us.

tight ends have a habit of killing gus soft zone

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

To be fair we probably ran the lowest amount of plays also lol 

• Like 2

There are only a few TE playmakers in the league, and we don’t have one.  

So why would we design too many plays for them when they’re more valuable as blockers.  Occasional TE passes to keep the D honest.  

Let’s try to get AD into the offense first.

13 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Didnt Ogletree score? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I will give thrn this though. They are blocking their butts off.

Agreed. 

Not complaining at all -  just an observation. 

13 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

To be fair we probably ran the lowest amount of plays also lol 

Fair point. That could be a large part of it