Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so is paying a defensive end 14 million dollars at 32 years old with one year left on his deal to play linebacker for the first time, bottom line I get the offensive draft strategy Fleener was a good pick, Allen good pick, Hilton not so much because we could have gotten Ta'amu with that pick instead and with our next pick instead of drafting Chapman (who when healthy is pretty dang good) we could have drafted Brandon Washington, I would have packaged Freeny and Mathis both in a deal, why? because neither have played in 3-4 and are not linebackers, they still have a couple good years left in them, why spend them learning a new position on a rebuilding team. we couls have gotten more picks if we packaged them in a deal and who knows what we could have got for both, but I have actually moved on and time to make the best out of the situation we got....and can ya tell me why we drafted a 4th string quarterback cause I have no idea

colts can't trade freeney because of his contract and cutting him doesn't really help either...so there is not much the colts can do except hope for an eventual trade partner and if not let him play out his contract and let him walk.

i have no problem with any of the picks...because i have zero idea how they will turn out and i doubt anyone on this board does either. it appears a lot of people just look at height/weight and how fast they run in a straight line and fall in love with them...guys like streeter, childs, ta'amu without knowing if they can actually play.

How about veteran Free agents? Will there be any decent cornerbacks available before the season starts or after this season?

Who knows. Maybe one of these new undrafted FAs will pan out. Pellerin may be good and Chism seems like a ball-hawk.

Do you really think the Colts are going to pay Freeney $14M to be a situational player, when they can cut him anytime and use all that money immediately to sign a FEW of the many Dozens & Dozens of good vets that will be cut by 53 man roster time?

Noone would/did trade for Freeney before the draft. Had to wait to see what they got in the draft. Freeney is DUE a Huge paycut and he will have gotten his mind right much better after trying to play in camp. We might get a 3rd rd pick or he just may get cut.

colts can't trade freeney because of his contract and cutting him doesn't really help either...so there is not much the colts can do except hope for an eventual trade partner and if not let him play out his contract and let him walk.

i have no problem with any of the picks...because i have zero idea how they will turn out and i doubt anyone on this board does either. it appears a lot of people just look at height/weight and how fast they run in a straight line and fall in love with them...guys like streeter, childs, ta'amu without knowing if they can actually play.

I know that, but look at the highlights Ta'amu sure can play

so is paying a defensive end 14 million dollars at 32 years old with one year left on his deal to play linebacker for the first time, bottom line I get the offensive draft strategy Fleener was a good pick, Allen good pick, Hilton not so much because we could have gotten Ta'amu with that pick instead and with our next pick instead of drafting Chapman (who when healthy is pretty dang good) we could have drafted Brandon Washington, I would have packaged Freeny and Mathis both in a deal, why? because neither have played in 3-4 and are not linebackers, they still have a couple good years left in them, why spend them learning a new position on a rebuilding team. we couls have gotten more picks if we packaged them in a deal and who knows what we could have got for both, but I have actually moved on and time to make the best out of the situation we got....and can ya tell me why we drafted a 4th string quarterback cause I have no idea

Broken%2Brecord.jpg

Nobody wants them! We tried to trade Freeney and nobody would take him. Most people love our draft except for you, seemingly. We had our eyes on Casey Hayward and Asa Jackson and just missed out on them. They clearly felt that the value wasn't there in the position after that. They're employed to be scouts, we're not. I trust their board and they've picked some pretty good players. And Chapman is probably better than Ta'amu in my opinion! This is a rebuild, it's not going to take one draft. It'll take next year's draft and probably the year after that too. Just have patience and let's see how the guys do this year. Pagano and Manusky are experienced defensive coaches, they know what they're doing.

if you knew it why suggest it?

That was a few days ago I accepted we cant trade Freeny and actually should stick with the lineup we got and continue building through the draft next year. its likely we get high picks