Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tommy Streeter? IDK

HtownColt

I dont get what yall see in tommy streeter besides that he's 6'5..route running is sloppy and has spotty hands

Positives:

Terrific body length — excellent height and very long arms. Eats up ground with long strides. Deceptive acceleration and long speed to get behind the secondary. Wide catching radius. High-points in the red zone. Flashes playmaking ability — averaged nearly 19 yards per catch at UM. Showed improvement and increased confidence under new coaching staff. Has upside. Soft-spoken and grounded.

Negatives:

Needs to fill out and get stronger — has a narrow, frail frame and is not built to take a pounding (durability could be an issue). Susceptible to the jam. Leggy, unpolished route runner — stiff through the hips and struggles to sink his weight. Inconsistent hands. Unnatural catcher — traps throws, double-catches and needs to work on hand selection. Green positional instincts and coverage recognition. Questionable toughness. Confidence fluctuates. Does not factor on special teams. Only a one-year producer.

and this is who yall want.If yall are talking about another receiver take Marvin McNutt

Streeter is not a need we got Fleener who can be our outside big man.Need a OG and CB IMO

i know completely agree its just i keep seeing ppl throwing this guys name in there and he's not good McNutt is a way better receiver if they want another receiver. Me personally wants Norman, Minnifield, or some other nickel corner

i know completely agree its just i keep seeing ppl throwing this guys name in there and he's not good McNutt is a way better receiver if they want another receiver. Me personally wants Norman, Minnifield, or some other nickel corner

Of the guys left, I like McNutt. Marv Jones too.

Of the guys left, I like McNutt. Marv Jones too.

We have too many needs that we may have to pass on him even if he is there at No.170, IMO. I am sure we will find value in the 7th round with possession wideouts like B.J.Cunningham or Jeff Fuller, this draft is way too deep on the WR front, we will find value then.

Most CBs with press capabilities are gone, Asa Jackson is one of those few left. We will see how No.170 goes.

We have too many needs that we may have to pass on him even if he is there at No.170, IMO. I am sure we will find value in the 7th round with possession wideouts like B.J.Cunningham or Jeff Fuller, this draft is way too deep on the WR front, we will find value then.

Most CBs with press capabilities are gone, Asa Jackson is one of those few left. We will see how No.170 goes.

all we are looking for is a nickel corner obviously Kevin Thomas is getting a fair shot to be the #2 corner because that was not fair to him how we threw him in the fire last season

We have too many needs that we may have to pass on him even if he is there at No.170, IMO.

I'm not really worried about getting a CB in this draft anymore. We're probably not getting a world-beater anyway and a WR can just as easily play the same special teams positions as a DB.

You need 4/5 WR's on a roster.

Wayne

Collie

Avery

Hilton

???

I'm not really worried about getting a CB in this draft anymore. We're probably not getting a world-beater anyway and a WR can just as easily play the same special teams positions as a DB.

Wayne

Collie

Avery

Hilton

???

one of the 3 tight ends(grigson says hes keeping Eldridge) is going to take a place of a receiver on the roster

For the last time, Fleener is a TE, and is a fast TE, but would be a very slow WR. does Gronk split out wide?

Fleener runs a 4.5

Collie runs a 4.53

and wayne runs a 4.45

now fleener doesnt have the quickness they do thats why he's a TE but he has the speed

Wayne

Collie

Avery

Hilton

???

Jarred Fayson was one that Polian and his scouts looked at, the Packers looked at him too, I remember that. I think he will be the 5th WR and probably a value possession wideout pick in the 7th. Need a big bodied one next, IMO. We got the burner, we need a big body possession type in the middle, having lost Gonzo and White for the slot. That is why Jeff Fuller or B.J.Cunningham makes sense to me in round 7, kinda like how Arians used Cotchery in Pitt.

For the last time, Fleener is a TE, and is a fast TE, but would be a very slow WR. does Gronk split out wide?

Yes. Clark used to as well. In the Broncos game when Harrison got hurt, we used him as a WR against both cbs and lbs. He even caught a td against Champ Bailey.

Jarred Fayson was one that Polian and his scouts looked at, the Packers looked at him too, I remember that. I think he will be the 5th WR and probably a value possession wideout pick in the 7th. Need a big bodied one next, IMO. We got the burner, we need a big body possession type in the middle, having lost Gonzo and White for the slot. That is why Jeff Fuller or B.J.Cunningham makes sense to me in round 7.

thats what Dwayne Allen is bringing to the table.big body over the middle

thats what Dwayne Allen is bringing to the table.big body over the middle

Not if we want to go 3 WR, 1 TE with Fleener as the lone TE. 4.7-4.8 speed is what Dwayne Allen brings, 4.5-4.6 speed is what a 3rd big bodied WR in the middle like Jeff Fuller or B.J.Cunningham will bring, considerable difference, IMO.

A lot of teams go 3 WR, 1 TE, including Arians. Dont expect them to go 2 WR, 2 TE all the time, got to be flexible and Arians has shown he is flexible in the past. He has used Jerrico Cotchery in that capacity in Pitt.

Not if we want to go 3 WR, 1 TE with Fleener as the lone TE. 4.7-4.8 speed is what Dwayne Allen brings, 4.5-4.6 speed is what a 3rd big bodied WR in the middle like Jeff Fuller or B.J.Cunningham will bring, considerable difference, IMO.

A lot of teams go 3 WR, 1 TE, including Arians. Dont expect them to go 2 WR, 2 TE all the time, got to be flexible and Arians has shown he is flexible in the past. He has used Jerrico Cotchery in that capacity in Pitt.

when he goes 3 wide its goin be wayne and collie on the outside and hilton in the slot dont take rocket science.both Collie and Hilton play the #2 receiver they are not just limited to the slot granted thats where they flourish at though

We did split Clark out in the slot all the time. Graham does this and Hernandez. Allen will have his hand down all the time. Fleener will split out. I don't think we need a WR here. I'm going defense still.

when he goes 3 wide its goin be wayne and collie on the outside and hilton in the slot dont take rocket science.both Collie and Hilton play the #2 receiver they are not just limited to the slot granted thats where they flourish at though

I agree that Collie and Hilton can play slot. But injury insurance is what another big bodied wideout will bring. Hilton will not win physical matches in the middle. So, if you have a matchup with physical corners in the slot, and if anything happens to Collie, we need a big body. We have Avery and T.Y.Hilton, both smaller frame speed guys. Collie is the only decent big body in the middle. Garcon was a big body, Blair White was 6'2", 205. We ran routes for them inside. Collie cannot be the only big body we have in our WR corp., that is where I am going with this.

I am not talking next pick, I am talking about a value pick in round 7. :)

I agree that Collie and Hilton can play slot. But injury insurance is what another big bodied wideout will bring. Hilton will not win physical matches in the middle. So, if you have a matchup with physical corners in the slot, and if anything happens to Collie, we need a big body. We have Avery and T.Y.Hilton, both smaller frame speed guys. Collie is the only decent big body in the middle. Garcon was a big body, Blair White was 6'2", 205. We ran routes for them inside. Collie cannot be the only big body we have in our WR corp., that is where I am going with this.

I am not talking next pick, I am talking about a value pick in round 7. :)

with us carrying 3 TEs theres no room on the roster for 5 wrs. one of them TEs is taking up a wr spot on the roster

with us carrying 3 TEs theres no room on the roster for 5 wrs. one of them TEs is taking up a wr spot on the roster

Nope, you are wrong. We have consistently carried 4 WRs and 4 TEs or 5 WRs and 3 TEs on our roster. The 5th WR is normally for ST purposes.

Just go look up the Colts roster across seasons, you will find that to be true.

We will have 8 players on the roster at least from the WR/TE corp., I am positive!!!

Nope, you are wrong. We have consistently carried 4 WRs and 4 TEs or 5 WRs and 3 TEs on our roster. The 5th WR is normally for ST purposes.

Just go look up the Colts roster across seasons, you will find that to be true.

We will have 8 players on the roster at least from the WR/TE corp., I am positive!!!

you can carry as many as you want theres no limit as long as 53 players are suiting up on sundays