Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason #3: Colts @ Bengals, Thursday, August 22, 2024, 8:00 PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

That first drive was definitely nice to see. AD looks like he'll be legit. 

AR is going to definitely be very Peyton like in his first couple years for those old enough to remember. 

He'd have some great plays mixed in with those 'Peyton who the ---- are you throwing it to???' moments...

2001. Good friggin’ times. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

That first drive was definitely nice to see. AD looks like he'll be legit. 

AR is going to definitely be very Peyton like in his first couple years for those old enough to remember. 

He'd have some great plays mixed in with those 'Peyton who the ---- are you throwing it to???' moments...

Most rookies do.  I know AR isn’t a rookie but he’s pretty close to one.  Like I said earlier this is why him missing most of last year was a big deal and those that didn’t think it would matter were lying to themselves.

• Like 3

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Most rookies do.  I know AR isn’t a rookie but he’s pretty close to one.  Like I said earlier this is why him missing most of last year was a big deal and those that didn’t think it would matter were lying to themselves.

Exactly. He hasn't even really had his 'growing pains' yet.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I think AR is the most rookie QB to really ever play as a starter in the league…even as of today as he played almost no college compared to most QB’s…

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Shrader knocks it in. Kicking controversy? lol… j/k

Maaaaaaaaannnnn. I don’t know! lol. Can we stash him somewhere? He’s going to get picked up quickly if he gets cut. 

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

@RollerColt I know the Bengals are also your guys… what are your thoughts about their preseason game performances so far? :)

As a disclaimer I’ll state, the Colts will always be my #1 over any other team. 

That said, the Bengals have finally built a championship caliber team that has extreme depth for talent. 

They’re impressive. The backups did well against us tonight against Richardson (sans Taylor of course) and the week earlier they stifled Caleb Williams and the Bears starters.

Most importantly, this is the first training camp where Burrow made it all the way through, and is ready for game 1 of the season. 

This team has high expectations on themselves and you can tell they feel it, including Joe. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

How's everyone doing? What is the score? I hope the Colts are doing well.

I'm away but I made sure to put up the thread.

Thanks! AR and the offense had an amazing first drive. Then… not so great after that lol. Defense doing well overall. Shrader kicked a FG that none of us think Gay would have made lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

He has accuracy issues no doubt.  Overthrew to Ogletree in the end zone as well.  Be ready for the good and the bad.

The accuracy wasn't why he threw a pick six saw the play he stared down his receiver on the play defender read his eyes and got there so not a bad throw but a mistake to stare down the receiver he will need to clean that up.

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

Thanks! AR and the offense had an amazing first drive. Then… not so great after that lol. Defense doing well overall. Shrader kicked a FG that none of us think Gay would have made lol

Thank you. I did see some criticizing AR for missing open receivers. Good to hear that the D is playing well. I saw that a defender almost got an INT but the pass went incomplete. I did not read much more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IinD said:

My dog Beanie has been giving me dirty looks this pre-season whenever Bean comes in and she hears 'let's go Bean'....

What no walk?  You lie human.  You have made a grave enemy this day I shall not forg…squirrel!  What was I saying?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1