Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this true? New Offensive Lineman just added?

Boss7894

1 hour ago, Boss7894 said:

Looks like he is another DT nevermind

He was a DT at Michigan State and signed with the Panthers . Was released and has been all league C the last 2 years . 

With  Tanor Bortolini injured, Panasiuk must have been brought in for depth at center for the final pre-season game.

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/18/badgers-tanor-bortolini-indianapolis-colts-injury/

...Former Wisconsin offensive lineman Tanor Bortolini left the Indianapolis Colts preseason Week 2 game early on Saturday with a toe injury. He was held out of the fourth quarter of the team’s 21-13 exhibition win over the Arizona Cardinals.

Bortolini was given the start at center with the Colts resting their primary starters. The former Badger is currently projected to enter the season as the backup to veteran center Ryan Kelly.

The IndyStar’s Joel Erickson noted after the game that Bortolini said ‘he doesn’t think his toe injury will keep him out too long,’ which is welcome news for the former Badger as he prepares for his rookie season....

photo of Mike Panasiuk

image.png.f345ac47f9cc1982b1378d1730b7d6c9.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Probably means Davis isn’t going to play for a while…if ever.  

No, he was brought in to play O-line

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/18/former-michigan-state-football-dl-signs-with-indianapolis-colts/

...Panasiuk was a star with the St. Louis Battlehawks in the UFL, which he has parlayed into his second stint in the NFL after spending time with the Carolina Panthers. Since turning professional, Panasiuk has made the transition from defensive to offensive line...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

No, he was brought in to play O-line

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/18/former-michigan-state-football-dl-signs-with-indianapolis-colts/

...Panasiuk was a star with the St. Louis Battlehawks in the UFL, which he has parlayed into his second stint in the NFL after spending time with the Carolina Panthers. Since turning professional, Panasiuk has made the transition from defensive to offensive line...

Got it.  Thanks!

Well hopefully he can stick and be on the PS when the season starts. Sounds like a nice developmental project. On a side note, didn't Woods also suffer a toe injury as well as Bort? Man, why am I having flashbacks to Faulk's turf toe from back in the day...ugh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The new guy is an offensive lineman  C/G and not defensive.   This doesn’t have anything to do with Davis. 

I saw that earlier in this thread.  On a separate note, they really do need to find a decent backup for Grove if Davis isn't going to play.  It's not Bryant, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I saw that earlier in this thread.  On a separate note, they really do need to find a decent backup for Grove if Davis isn't going to play.  It's not Bryant, that's for sure.

Id agree if Davis isn’t going to play.   I’m just not at the point of believing that Davis is done for the season.   At least, not yet. 

9 hours ago, TheNewGuy said:

Well hopefully he can stick and be on the PS when the season starts. Sounds like a nice developmental project. On a side note, didn't Woods also suffer a toe injury as well as Bort? Man, why am I having flashbacks to Faulk's turf toe from back in the day...ugh.

Woods to IR?.....again. That would solve our TE cut dilemma. .for awhile 

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Woods to IR?.....again. That would solve our TE cut dilemma. .for awhile 

It would, but I sure would like to see him develop. He has the physical gifts but can't seem to get it all together on the field...