Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason Game #1: Broncos @ Colts, August 11th, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Solid84 said:

Personally I'd rather they gave the 1st and 2nd team more reps. Playing 3rd teamers 2 quarters is putting too much effort into which backups' backups get cut. Just my opinion.

I think they picked the 1's and 2's they wanted to see have reps, which I'm ok with. There's still 2 more to go. I'll trust there is a process for how they are evaluating. 

Just now, Shive said:

Thought this was interesting.

yep, and the fact he was able to swing him down like that with on arm is insanely athletic. its an impressive play. I'm less worried about cross after watching this game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Thought this was interesting.

It kind of goes back to the communication issues they've been talking about for 3 years now with Cross (and this summer). He's clearly trying to communicate to Flowers, but Flowers doesn't even budge. So is he actually speaking or is it just pointing? Who knows...

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

probably a Half is my guess because there only 3 games now.

I've seen this posted a time or two on here. Does anyone remember what it looked like last year? I know traditionally the third game was the true warm up, and the 4th was more for evaluation for cutdowns. But it's different with a week in between the 3rd preseason game and regular season. So what happened last year?

Just now, AKB said:

2 series to a half? thats a big jump ain't it

That's what I'm thinking. I see maybe a few more than today, and then upwards of a half the last preseason game. Especially since it's a thursday night game, and against the bengals. 

We also are doing joint practice with the Cardinals next week, so is a game really that much more beneficial for evaluation? I remember a lot of starters sitting last year with the joint practice games...

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They will treat week 2 this year like they used to treat week 3 when there was 4 games. Starters always play a lot in the game before the last.

See my comment above about joint practice....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know. You will see with JT. I wonder if anyone will ask him. James Daniel of the Steelers was reportedly the first one to play with it on Thursday. I don't think any Vikings players played with that helmet yesterday.

I wonder if these helmets are heavier. If so, that might affect play. I have to read more about it. 

@ColtStrong2013 believes it will hurt defense.

From what I’ve read, they’re mostly air cushions, maybe a pound or so heavier at the most

• Thanks 1