Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason Game #1: Broncos @ Colts, August 11th, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

NFL Football is almost here. Before playing real games, NFL players will play some exhibition games. Today, your Indianapolis Colts will play the Denver Broncos.

Colts fans have said they don't want to see starters play.  Is there anyone you want to see play today?

Celebration GIF by UCLA Football

Colts fans seem very excited about the rookie first rounder, Laiatu Latu, and the rookie WR Adonai Mitchell.

Nfl Draft Football GIF by SportsManias

I'm most excited to see AR.  According to NFL Network on Friday, Steichen said AR and most of the starters are expected to see some action. I hope AR is 100%.

Good luck. No injuries. Enjoy! :colts:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Game is on local Fox 59.1 Over the Air or the equivalent via your provider

Can't speak for other markets as it's preseason :) 

Nice thing is we have 2 of 3 preseason games at home this year. Good for the local economy if nothing else 

It is showing live on NFL Network.

• Like 2

First play- JT for short gain. 

Second play- AR first pass with fast pressure from linebacker. Got rid of it quick for incomplete pass. 

3rd and 8- AR in clean pocket. Sailed throw to Granson, tipped up. dangerous. Could have been picked. 

Hoping to see a few series for AR> gotta knock that rust off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oof, almost an int.

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

First play- JT for short gain. 

Second play- AR first pass with fast pressure from linebacker. Got rid of it quick for incomplete pass. 

3rd and 8- AR in clean pocket. Sailed throw to Granson, tipped up. dangerous. Could have been picked. 

Hoping to see a few series for AR> gotta knock that rust off.

Agreed. He needs reps.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think it was a character issue with Cam. I watched a recent interview with him, and the guy is straight up out of his mind. Massively narcissistic, and he doesn't take responsibility for anything. I was shocked at some of the things he said.    I don't see that with AR at all. Anthony is teachable, and he wants people to tell him what he can improve. He seems like a genuinely good person. I'll take AR over a prime Cam 10 times out of 10.
    • This may very well be the most loaded offense we've had in over 50 years. 70's- Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Glenn Doughty, Lydell Mitchell,Raymond Chester. Then the Peyton years- Manning, Harrison,Wayne, Edge  then Addai, Dilger then Clark and Pollard,and a multitude of slot receivers like Collie and Stokely and Garcon. Luck really only had Wayne and Hilton. Nobody else ever really stepped up and was a threat. And now this- Richardson, Pittman, Pierce, Downs, Mitchell, and then Gould and Montgomery are available also. Taylor, Goodson, Sermon, and Hull at running back and then the tightends. The receivers are going to be open so often down field I'm not sure the tight ends are going to see the ball much even though I do wish Mallory and Ogletree would get some opportunities. This is a fantastic offense loaded with gobs of speed and talent. It should be fun to watch. Go Colts!!!!
    • Apparently Mitchell wasn't supposed to run that route so it wasn't planned, but AR still needed to make that throw
    • He was a presence when out there, caused a couple of false starts, got held a couple of times (not called of course) and was in on jail break to Stroud but just didn’t win the race to the QB.  
    • Relevant similarities between Richardson and Cam: Big, athletic, strong arm.   That's the end of the list.   Richardson is already better in the pocket than Cam was coming in, and I don't think Cam ever became proficient from the pocket. Richardson is a quicker decision maker, he has a quicker throwing motion, he's better at throwing with anticipation, he has better ball placement, he handles pressure better/faster than Cam did...   Not accurate? We'll see how that goes with time. I'm already leaning toward Richardson's accuracy being less of a problem than people insist it is, but I'm withholding judgment on that. Not decisive? Definitely incorrect.    Cam Newton is a cautionary tale for a lot of reasons. I get the comparison. There are a lot of cautionary tales. I think Richardson has already checked a lot of boxes and answered a lot of questions, and people are slow to give him credit for things he's already doing.
  • Members