Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady finally admits he knew about Deflategate...shocker..lol

Yeah, but some of the burns on Kim Kardashian felt misogynistic, like a free platform for men to take shots at women to embarrass them, I felt. Tom's was mild, so I had no issues with that. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, but some of the burns on Kim Kardashian felt misogynistic, like a free platform for men to take shots at women to embarrass them, I felt. Tom's was mild, so I had no issues with that. 

That is what I liked about Tom's burn; it wasn't rude but true in so many ways. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

LOL.  If you think Brady was being serious, I have a bridge to sell you…

You and I have butted heads over the years, but I at least acknowledge that Tom is the GOAT. I take my lists serious and factor in every measurable possible. There are like 10 different factors I use, and I always come up with the same Top 5 =

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Pat Mahomes

5. Johnny Unitas

- Mahomes IMO needs to win another League MVP to pass Peyton or another SB win would do it. 3-2 in SB wins is a slim margin considering Peyton is 5-2 League MVP wise. Peyton getting that 2nd SB win with 2 different teams is still huge IMO. Only Brady has done that with 2 different teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

That's what all roasts are.   But women take shots at men as well.   If you are there, you are fair game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

Brady said of Peyton no matter where Peyton lives he will always live in Brady's shadow. I can't fine if Manning was there and if so, what he said about Brady.

Peyton arrived as a surprise guest.  Some of his jokes were:

—Said that when BB will join him and Eli on their Monday night show, the coach will finally be working with QBs he respects haha

—Listed things Tom has more of than him, and mentioned Tom had “more retirements” than him lol

—When it was time for Brady to go up at the end and speak, Peyton introduced him as “3 time Super bowl loser Tom Brady” lmao

It was more but I can’t remember. It was a long night and I did a lot of laughing :lol:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and I have butted heads over the years, but I at least acknowledge that Tom is the GOAT. I take my lists serious and factor in every measurable possible. There are like 10 different factors I use, and I always come up with the same Top 5 =

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Pat Mahomes

5. Johnny Unitas

- Mahomes IMO needs to win another League MVP to pass Peyton or another SB win would do it. 3-2 in SB wins is a slim margin considering Peyton is 5-2 League MVP wise. Peyton getting that 2nd SB win with 2 different teams is still huge IMO. Only Brady has done that with 2 different teams.

Where do you have Otto Graham ?  7 championships and 3 runner ups  in the 10 seasons he played.  MVP 5 of his 10 seasons. It is a team game BUT the greatest winning QB of all time by quite a bit at 57-13.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Where do you have Otto Graham ?  7 championships and 3 runner ups  in the 10 seasons he played.  MVP 5 of his 10 seasons. It is a team game BUT the greatest winning QB of all time by quite a bit at 57-13.

6th. Which is reasonable, it was a different game back then and I also factor in talent of a player but he is 6th IMO. I have Elway 7th, Rodgers 8th, Sammy Baugh 9th, and Brett Favre 10th. Favre over Marino because he won a SB and more League MVP's. Favre over Brees because Brees never won an MVP.  Bradshaw won 4 SB's but his stats don't measure up to most of these guys,

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6th. Which is reasonable, it was a different game back then and I also factor in talent of a player but he is 6th IMO. I have Elway 7th, Rodgers 8th, Sammy Baugh 9th, and Brett Favre 10th. Favre over Marino because he won a SB and more League MVP's. Favre over Brees because Brees never won an MVP.  Bradshaw won 4 SB's but his stats don't measure up to most of these guys,

6th is higher then most have, he seems to be underrated by many because of how long ago he played and lack of video. The game was different and stats then cant be compared to stats now. We see it in all sports, in Basketball Wilt is rarely mentioned anymore and he dominated the game like no one before or after, they had to change league rules because of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Pat Mahomes

5. Johnny Unitas

Yeah, was waiting for you to turn this thread until MVP discussion ... :goodluck:

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 11:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Pat Mahomes

5. Johnny Unitas

As many times as Brady and company got caught cheating I don’t know how anyone can put him #1.  Especially a Colts fan. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

As many times as Brady and company got caught cheating I don’t know how anyone can put him #1.  Especially a Colts fan. Just my two cents.

The Brady cheat factor is factored in somewhat, but he was only accused of cheating once. In 2014 = DeflateGate. I think he probably did cheat that season and have said so many times. I think he knew and had the balls deflated. Having said that, he still won SB's in 2016, 2018, and 2020. He won in 2020 without Belichick on a different team. There is no evidence he cheated in any of those years.

The difference between me and most is, I put my hatred Biases aside when I do lists. I want people take my lists serious. Peyton is my favorite player of all-time and I hated Tom but going by all measures, Tom was just better, and it pains me to say it. I factor in everything. = Stats, Win shares, League MVP's, SB MVP's, Talent of a QB, Clutch factor, SB wins, overall wins, longevity, and eye test. Peyton only has Tom beat in 2 categories = He was more talented, and he won 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2. Statistically it was pretty even, by my eye test it was pretty even as well. I do think League MVP is a very important factor because it is an individual award, so that alone puts Peyton in the top 3. Winning that 2nd SB was big for his legacy too.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Brady cheat factor is factored in somewhat, but he was only accused of cheating once. In 2014 = DeflateGate. I think he probably did cheat that season and have said so many times. I think he knew and had the balls deflated. Having said that, he still won SB's in 2016, 2018, and 2020. He won in 2020 without Belichick on a different team. There is no evidence he cheated in any of those years.

The difference between me and most is, I put my hatred Biases aside when I do lists. I want people take my lists serious. Peyton is my favorite player of all-time and I hated Tom but going by all measures, Tom was just better, and it pains me to say it. I factor in everything. = Stats, Win shares, League MVP's, SB MVP's, Talent of a QB, Clutch factor, SB wins, overall wins, longevity, and eye test. Peyton only has Tom beat in 2 categories = He was more talented, and he won 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2. Statistically it was pretty even, by my eye test it was pretty even as well. I do think League MVP is a very important factor because it is an individual award, so that alone puts Peyton in the top 3. Winning that 2nd SB was big for his legacy too.

Didn’t the Patriots go to the Super Bowl during the spy gate year in 2007? They lost to the Giants but they still got there. As he was a patriot I’m sure he knew what was going on. Makes me wonder how many times they cheated and didnt got caught. I’ll give him his props. He’s a good quarterback, but I wouldn’t call him the goat. 

7 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Didn’t the Patriots go to the Super Bowl during the spy gate year in 2007? They lost to the Giants but they still got there. As he was a patriot I’m sure he knew what was going on. Makes me wonder how many times they cheated and didnt got caught. I’ll give him his props. He’s a good quarterback, but I wouldn’t call him the goat. 

Fair enough. Spygate was 2007. I was happy to see the Giants pull that off.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 9:24 PM, holeymoley99 said:

6th is higher then most have, he seems to be underrated by many because of how long ago he played and lack of video. The game was different and stats then cant be compared to stats now. We see it in all sports, in Basketball Wilt is rarely mentioned anymore and he dominated the game like no one before or after, they had to change league rules because of him.

That is why I don't care for "all time lists" in any sport.  The players and games have evolved, with rule changes as well.  I prefer to judge a player's "rank" with regard to their time period.  And you are correct, Wilt was completely dominant. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

That is why I don't care for "all time lists" in any sport.  The players and games have evolved, with rule changes as well.  I prefer to judge a player's "rank" with regard to their time period.  And you are correct, Wilt was completely dominant. 

This is a good post. Maybe do a list of best QB's from 1966-1979, then 1980-1999, then 2000-2019, 2020 to now which is new and that would be Mahomes at #1 so far. Those are SB era years (1966-now). 

Then do a list, pre-SB era 1940-1965 which would include QB's like Otto Graham and Sammy Baugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'll forever have Joe Montana as the greatest, personally. 

Me too. He did it in a era where defenses were allowed to play defense. Brady was cuddled by the league (not to mention the cheating).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Me too. He did it in an era where defenses were allowed to play defense. Brady was cuddled by the league (not to mention the cheating).

Yep! 4-0 in rings, no interceptions. And he and Rice were huge contributors to winning.

I’ll give Brady credit for the Bucs win, his very first win and coming back against Atlanta, but the other wins were either due to stupid errors (Seattle) or defense and kicking(Rams 2nd time, Eagles 1st time, Carolina). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 8:21 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

one thing to be considered in your list is Peyton leading 4 different HCs to a SB. It is hard for me to use the SB as stat that determines how good a QB is though. Ultimately I’d like to see breakdowns of a QBs every play to show who has the better skill, who made better decisions on each snap. But that’s a lot of film study. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

one thing to be considered in your list is Peyton leading 4 different HCs to a SB. It is hard for me to use the SB as stat that determines how good a QB is though. Ultimately I’d like to see breakdowns of a QBs every play to show who has the better skill, who made better decisions on each snap. But that’s a lot of film study. 

That alone puts Peyton on the MT Rushmore of QBs.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That alone puts Peyton on the MT Rushmore of QBs.

which is why he’s my number 1. A lot of the other stats people use are also stats that can be used to describe a franchise. Wins/losses, and Rings. 

the biggest reason people consider Brady the goat is because of rings. Did he lead his team to and through SBs? Sure. Could he have done it alone? No. So how do we narrow down what role the QB plays on a team to determine his skill/decision making? What role did he play in helping his team win games? 

it has to be narrowed down like that to actually make an educated list on the top QBs of all time. Team stats shouldn’t be considered when determining these lists. 

that makes it a lot harder to make a list. All in all, in actuality, these lists come down to personal preference. I’ll never say Brady is the goat, because I believe his team cheated on numerous occasions to get there and to win some of them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

which is why he’s my number 1. A lot of the other stats people use are also stats that can be used to describe a franchise. Wins/losses, and Rings. 

the biggest reason people consider Brady the goat is because of rings. Did he lead his team to and through SBs? Sure. Could he have done it alone? No. So how do we narrow down what role the QB plays on a team to determine his skill/decision making? What role did he play in helping his team win games? 

it has to be narrowed down like that to actually make an educated list on the top QBs of all time. Team stats shouldn’t be considered when determining these lists. 

that makes it a lot harder to make a list. All in all, in actuality, these lists come down to personal preference. I’ll never say Brady is the goat, because I believe his team cheated on numerous occasions to get there and to win some of them. 

My personal preference is Peyton but I have Brady #1 because he accomplished more other than the League MVP's (Peyton has him there 5-3) if that makes sense. Joe Montana is in with Brady and Peyton as well. Mahomes is the best today.

Love Peyton, have Otto Graham because I do give some weight to what the team accomplishes. No one will ever achieve what he did 7 titles and 3 Runner Ups, he played 10 seasons so made title game every single year and they didnt deflate balls nor tape opposing teams once. Again no one will ever achieve this feat, Winningest QB of all time by a lot.

On 5/13/2024 at 2:02 PM, RollerColt said:

I'll forever have Joe Montana as the greatest, personally. 

Montana played with a stacked team that didn’t have to deal with a salary cap.  
Brady any day of the week.  

and cheating?  Please.  Brady was just as good away from Foxborough as he was at home.  Stats prove it.  All QBs want footballs a certain way.

not only that, an MIT Professor proved that the balls weren’t deflated in that game against the Colts. And he’s an Eagles fan. 

On 5/26/2024 at 7:24 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Love Peyton, have Otto Graham because I do give some weight to what the team accomplishes. No one will ever achieve what he did 7 titles and 3 Runner Ups, he played 10 seasons so made title game every single year and they didnt deflate balls nor tape opposing teams once. Again no one will ever achieve this feat, Winningest QB of all time by a lot.

He handed the ball off most of his career

1 hour ago, NFLUp said:

Montana played with a stacked team that didn’t have to deal with a salary cap.  
Brady any day of the week.  

and cheating?  Please.  Brady was just as good away from Foxborough as he was at home.  Stats prove it.  All QBs want footballs a certain way.

not only that, an MIT Professor proved that the balls weren’t deflated in that game against the Colts. And he’s an Eagles fan. 

They did have to deal with the Cowboys,  redskins, and giants.   All with huge salaries.    Montana has a much tougher road to his superbowls.   He never lost one

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

They didn't throw the ball much in those days

Oh ok you mean overall passing at the time as opposed to Otto personally. I gotcha. For the time he was much more active throwing then most and one of the main reasons the passing game evolved (Along with rule changes). Like some have mentioned hard to compare stats from different eras because of this so won/loss record and titles easier (Though not perfect) for comparison sake. 1 amazing fact is Graham still holds the all time record of yards per pass attempt at 8.6 despite playing in that era.

The more time people spend researching him the more they come to appreciate him. He is forgotten by man, when older QB's are brought up it is usually Johnny U. who 100% deserves mention in all greatest conversations but Otto laid that groundwork.

36 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Oh ok you mean overall passing at the time as opposed to Otto personally. I gotcha. For the time he was much more active throwing then most and one of the main reasons the passing game evolved (Along with rule changes). Like some have mentioned hard to compare stats from different eras because of this so won/loss record and titles easier (Though not perfect) for comparison sake. 1 amazing fact is Graham still holds the all time record of yards per pass attempt at 8.6 despite playing in that era.

The more time people spend researching him the more they come to appreciate him. He is forgotten by man, when older QB's are brought up it is usually Johnny U. who 100% deserves mention in all greatest conversations but Otto laid that groundwork.

The problem with saying Otto Graham is the GOAT or belongs on the Mt Rushmore of QBs is, it was the time he played in. The game was so much different than even compared to the 80's. 

Someone saying Otto Graham is the GOAT would be like someone saying George Mikan is the GOAT in basketball. Mikan won 5 NBA Championships including a 3-peat in 1954 but the competition was watered down. There were only 9 teams in the league when Mikan won his championships, and the Lakers had all the best players. Same for Russell, he won 11 NBA Championships but in 1957 when he won his 1st one, there were only 8 teams in the league and Boston had all the best players. Back then you only had to win 2 series to win Championship as well. It is clearly not the same as someone like Tom Brady or Michael Jordan winning 6 in modern era, - Brady has 7, everyone knows that, that has watched sports. Saying Otto Graham is better than Peyton Manning would be like saying Russell was better than Shaq, we all know he would have no chance of guarding Shaq inside. Shaq was 3 inches taller and outweighed him by 100 pounds.

I will stick with my Top 5 based on my criteria =

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton

4. Pat Mahomes

5. Unitas

Unitas was way ahead of his time, and he played in the SB era into the 70's when the league had over 20 teams. Unitas also threw for 40,000 yards in his career, Graham didn't even throw for 25,000. Unitas had stats similar to Joe Montana.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem with saying Otto Graham is the GOAT or belongs on the Mt Rushmore of QBs is, it was the time he played in. The game was so much different than even compared to the 80's. 

Someone saying Otto Graham is the GOAT would be like someone saying George Mikan is the GOAT in basketball. Mikan won 5 NBA Championships including a 3-peat but the competition was watered down. There were only 9 teams in the league when Mikan won his championships and the Lakers had all the best players. Same for Russell, he won 11 NBA Championships but in 1957 when he won his 1st one, there were only teams in the league and back then you only had to win 2 series to win Championship. It is clearly not the same as someone like Tom Brady or Michael Jordan winning 6 in modern era, everyone knows that, that has watched sports. Saying Otto Graham is better than Peyton Manning would be like saying Russell was better than Shaq, we all know he would have no chance of guarding Shaq inside. Shaq was 3 inches taller and outweighed him by 100 pounds.

I will stick with my Top 5 based on my criteria =

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton

4. Pat Mahomes

5. Unitas

Unitas was way ahead of his time, and he played in the SB era into the 70's when the league had over 20 teams. Unitas also threw for 40,000 yards in his career, Graham didn't even throw for 25,000. Unitas had stats similar to Joe Montana.

Less teams does mean less playoff series however you have to consider less teams also means the talent is less spread out, Imagine taking the 32 teams in the NFL and suddenly we go to 10, it would create super teams that would comfortably beat the Chiefs of last year. You know how stars filling out all starting spots on ever team.

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Less teams does mean less playoff series however you have to consider less teams also means the talent is less spread out, Imagine taking the 32 teams in the NFL and suddenly we go to 10, it would create super teams that would comfortably beat the Chiefs of last year. You know how stars filling out all starting spots on ever team.

Otto Graham in fairness belongs in the top 10, he was great for his time and won a lot but Mt Rushmore, I disagree with you there. Same for Bill Russell, my Mt Rushmore in basketball is Jordan, Magic, LeBron, and Kareem. I would take Kareem over Russell all day and every day. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Otto Graham won the Championship in 1950, he wasn't even the league leader in passing, it was Bobby Layne. 

Otto won the passing title 5 of 10 seasons he played an incredible feat. Layne won 2 passing titles, made 6 Pro Bowls and was 1950's decade QB representative.  Layne won 3 world titles and of course is a Hall Of Famer as well. Layne was all time passing yards, completions and tds leader another of those from yesterday we dont talk about enough.

• Like 1