Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Jaylin Simpson DB Auburn

CR91

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One would think it’s an odd look to have a player like Buckner who I think was drafted 7 or 8 and yet he has a score of below 4.  

That is really odd.  So much so that I didn’t believe you and sure enough it is 3.95

i was thinking it may be because they have him at de in the one I saw but that couldn’t change it that dramatically, right?  

3.95 is crazy.  He’s super athletic. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well, well….  You certainly seem offended.  And I almost got thru the draft without upsetting someone.  Darn.  

I believe RAS stands for Relative Athletic score.   It factors in things like what position is played.   Height,  weight,  various athletic scores.  It ranks the player in various percentiles.   

One would think it’s an odd look to have a player like Buckner who I think was drafted 7 or 8 and yet he has a score of below 4.  

That doesn’t strike you as odd?  

I am offended now. Project more, please.

Buckner is a great football player who tests poorly. There is nothing odd about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Buckner is a great football player who tests poorly. There is nothing odd about it.

Ok….  That wasn’t the answer I was expecting, but alright.  

I’ll let this die out and blow over.   No point in belaboring the point.   

6 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

It's one of many metrics.  I saw Defo at training camp last year.   He is the largest human I've ever seen up close.   Big ,strong, fast.  Terrifying really.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Was this who Jaime was talking about in the draft video?

Makes sense, seems he got his guy.

Cool they let him make the call.

Super cool

• Like 1

Walterfootball listed 5 players selected as DAY 3 Draft Sleepers. Simpson was on their list.

Simpson will slide in the 2024 NFL Draft because he is skinny. At 6-foot, 179 pounds, he needs to add weight for tackling in the NFL. If Simpson can develop in a pro strength and conditioning over his rookie season, he could turn into a quality starter by the end of his first pro contract.

Simpson - "I'm ready to continue to do what I was destined for. Continue to grow as a player, continue to show everybody why I feel like I'm one of the best players in the country, one of the best safeties in the draft." 

Draftnetwork -

Second Team All-SEC (2023) • Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist (2023)

“Jaylin Simpson is a versatile defensive back who has cornerback athleticism and burst paired with the safety vision and instincts to be an impact player in the secondary.” 

• Like 2

Yep, that is incredible how overwhelmed some of these guys get when they receive their draft calls.(Josh Downs last year sticks out also) These guys work so hard for so long to try to get to the nfl and then when they get that call it is unbelievable to fathom. Congratulations Jaylin, and welcome to the Colts.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:26 AM, w87r said:

solid to see.the other side of Jamie's conversation 

I'm very thankful that we get to see this. Seeing his family so excited for him is special, there is a comfort seeing his support group.

I have real expectations that this young man is a baller. 

• Like 1